KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Westworld

Westworld
Started by: Ascendancy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Quanchi went from not liking anything to do with Westerns to bandwagoning jumping onto this show. Called it.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 05:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Quanchi went from not liking anything to do with Westerns to bandwagoning jumping onto this show. Called it.
I do not like westerns at all but a great story will shine through no matter the genre. If you don't care for the story like I do I can see why you don't gravitate towards the show. Let it go, guy. There were plenty of characters obsessed which I love since it reminds me of myself. Obsession makes people great, ordinary guy.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2016 08:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

And that's what made you 'Greatest Wizard'?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 11:56 AM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

I may have missed it but who was the host ford was making in the basement? Perhaps a copy of himself [SPOILER - highlight to read]: so he's not really dead?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 12:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by queeq
And that's what made you 'Greatest Wizard'?
You won't be the greatest at anything without obsession to get you there.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 01:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Now I know who you are.... Donald Trump!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2016 02:12 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I kind of want to see the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: samurai world now.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 08:38 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I kind of want to see the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: samurai world now.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I hope it's called Eastworld. but SW prob means shogun or samurai world sad

Last edited by -K-M- on Dec 7th, 2016 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2016 09:08 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by -K-M-
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I hope it's called Eastworld. but SW prob means shogun or samurai world sad

They've been calling it [SPOILER - highlight to read]: "Samurai World" in various articles. Samurai World sounds kind of dumb, but I can forgive it if the setting itself is good.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 03:48 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by quanchi112
You won't be the greatest at anything without obsession to get you there.

Ha! He changed his title!

Old Post Dec 9th, 2016 10:15 PM
Darth Thor

Wow. This show was all sorts of mind f***s

Can't get enough of it.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2016 01:23 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It only gets better and better, imo. Definitely keep watching. Delores, Bernard, Maeve and Ford all great/layered characters.

Had a great ending too. Do wonder if that's really the last we see of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ford. Was he making an android of himself to join in on the evolutionary step? Maybe he'll come back in Delores' "dreams"? Maybe who we see shot wasn't really him? I doubt that lst one though. Really looking forward to S2.

edit: Armistice (Snake Tattoo Woman) is just lovely

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Robtard on Dec 12th, 2016 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2016 06:22 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Do wonder if that's really the last we see of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Ford.

Doubt it!

Really looking forward to S2.

👍

Old Post Dec 13th, 2016 02:18 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Been binge watching this all week. Just finished the last ep. Wow. I'm disappointed that I have no more episodes to watch now, might have to go back & watch the movie. Saw the Bernard thing coming a mile away if I'm honest, but I wasn't expecting the William reveal though, took me by complete surprise!

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Dec 15th, 2016 02:48 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Shit show

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 03:39 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by jaden101
That was some mind boggling fourth wall referencing meta twist. When he says "what door?" I was like....fuuuuuuuck.
Got around to watching this. This was by far the best twist in the season. It was done so damn well. My jaw dropped when he said that lol.

William being the MIB was also another great twist that caught me by surprise. It redeemed his character too. He bored the hell out of me, and I preferred his dickhead friend as a character by far before this happened. MIB was probably my favorite character too.

I've got to say though, the Chinese "surgeon" dude and his buddy were fking idiots. Their characters made no sense, and constantly made stupid decisions. It reminded me of the "scientists" from Prometheus in how damn stupid they were. They took me out of it every time they came on.

PWNT

Old Post Jan 7th, 2017 04:38 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Just started watching this show with my wife. Only 2 episodes in, and it's an incredible production as always with HBO. I can't say I'm particularly attached to any characters or even to the story yet. BUT I think I'm still intrigued enough to keep watching. Right now I think I admire the show more than I'm enjoying it. But we'll see where it goes...

I only have vague memories of the old Michael Crichton movie.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 01:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Just started watching this show with my wife. Only 2 episodes in, and it's an incredible production as always with HBO. I can't say I'm particularly attached to any characters or even to the story yet. BUT I think I'm still intrigued enough to keep watching. Right now I think I admire the show more than I'm enjoying it. But we'll see where it goes...

I only have vague memories of the old Michael Crichton movie.

It improves as it progresses, so you're in good hands. Avoid any spoilers, there's a few 'oh shit' moments you definitely don't want spoiled.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 05:18 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Avoid any spoilers, there's a few 'oh shit' moments you definitely don't want spoiled.

Good to know. thumb up

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 07:29 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maeve had them by the balls because she would've killed them without a seconds notice, it's their fault mainly because the Chinese guy felt sympathy for her but they were clearly past the point of no return once she became aware. So at lead part of what became of their mistake was unavoidable

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jan 12th, 2017 11:22 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote