KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd imagine that's how most people feel about him. Not a reflection on Burton as an actor though; dude was great.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 09:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not a bad actor/rainbow reader, but boy howdy yeah La Forge was dull.

But even worse was Wesley. Not just for the way he acted but for the horrible 80's clothes we had to see him wearing. From the very beginning I just thought dear god just make the kid a f*cking officer already so he can put on a uniform. Anything to make it so he isn't allowed to choose his own outfits.

Last edited by Surtur on Aug 12th, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2016 11:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nobody liked Wesley; I'd be surprised if his own mother did.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 05:08 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just have a vivid memory of getting my eyeballs raped by this outfit:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2016 03:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
I just have a vivid memory of getting my eyeballs raped by this outfit:

(please log in to view the image)

I lol'd.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 01:49 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Given this is in the Prime timeline, would be nice to see a bit of time travel getting little bits of the Next Gen/DS9 era.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 02:11 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some news: the series was set to premiere in January and has now been pushed back to May. Apparently in order to attempt to make the special effects better.

Though it does show the level of confidence they have in the series if they think it can begin airing in May and do well. Not that shows that air during the summer have never done well..it's just usually not as good a time to be airing it. Especially since I'm sure Trek is probably going to be one of the more expensive shows CBS has.

The first episode will air on tv and the remaining 12 will be put on this online subscription service for CBS. Which means I'll be forced to download the show.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 15th, 2016 at 03:42 PM

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 03:39 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'll just watch it on Netflix as i'm not in North America.

I'm not sure they're as confident as they might seem. We got absolutely no announcement on the actual anniversary of Star Trek, and it makes me wonder why they said January when they haven't even cast most of the show from what I've read.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 03:49 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah they are still casting some people. But apparently people complained about the crappy special effects in the trailer.

So they could of set it to air in May just because they think the series will fail and thus didn't want to take up any primetime spots.

The problem is that while I have no problems with the Kelvin timeline..I would not want a Trek tv show to be set at the same pace as those movies. Which I get the feeling that is what they are going to try to do. With a focus on action as opposed to character development and stories that really make you think.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 03:52 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by -Pr-
Nobody liked Wesley; I'd be surprised if his own mother did.
I was a kid watching tng and I fuking loved wesley. Looking back on it though I can understand why ppl wouldn't care about him, the boy genius who's never wrong or never makes mistakes.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 04:06 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm guessing that is why they tossed in the character. So even little kids too young to really know any better might have some character to "relate" to.

Wil Wheaton did say that one time on set this one actor called him a pussy due to the fact he didn't play football. So it was kind of worth it.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 04:16 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I'm guessing that is why they tossed in the character. So even little kids too young to really know any better might have some character to "relate" to.

Wil Wheaton did say that one time on set this one actor called him a pussy due to the fact he didn't play football. So it was kind of worth it.
I think having a kid on board could've been cool. Most of the fault should lie on the writers of season 1 who screwed it up. They could've played with the angst of a kid who doesn't fit in with all the adults but badly wants to. Or any number of interesting things, but instead they opted for the boring perfect boy genius angle.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 04:47 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The youngsters growing up throughout the series thing worked much better on DS9 with Nog and Jake IMO.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 06:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Firefly218
I was a kid watching tng and I fuking loved wesley. Looking back on it though I can understand why ppl wouldn't care about him, the boy genius who's never wrong or never makes mistakes.

https://youtu.be/KL3WbzUAEok

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 08:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
The youngsters growing up throughout the series thing worked much better on DS9 with Nog and Jake IMO.
thumb up

Old Post Sep 15th, 2016 11:41 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Basically because Nog and Jake acted like actual kids would.

Plus I can believe in aliens and omnipotent beings, but I refuse to believe Ashley Judd would ever be interested in Wesley Crusher.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 07:21 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i thought jake was really annoying. not quite on the level of wesley, but not that far off...especially in the later seasons.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 02:32 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Old Post Oct 6th, 2016 03:54 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Noticing that Lavarr Burton also directed a decent number of Voyager episodes.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 05:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Go Trekkies:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-t...tatement-561033

I disagree, I don't like how they are essentially getting political and telling Trek fans to vote for a specific person.

I'd prefer they leave the politics out of it, just concentrate on making good Trek, we don't need to hear about who you want to be president.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2016 05:52 PM