KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 33 34 [35]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

season finale of discovery was all right..

of course had they killled off book i woulda came up in here cussing lmao

i have a few guesses as too who the season 5 bad guys might be.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 18th, 2022 03:41 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The reveal of the 10Cs was gonna make or break this season. And though the reveal gets props for being very Trekky, it was still a very underwhelming end.

I really did like the first 2 seasons of this, but its just overall not that good now. Like Rob said, when the Captain is underwhelming, thats a bad start (the first 2 seasons didnt have that problem).

But id rate Pike higher than you guys. So looking forward to Strange New Worlds. Also Picard has been good this season (so far).

Old Post Mar 20th, 2022 10:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I like Pike and I'm looking forward to his show, especially since the series is supposed to be more episodic, which is what makes Star Trek since.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 07:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I like Pike and I'm looking forward to his show, especially since the series is supposed to be more episodic, which is what makes Star Trek since.
let's hope, I like the idea of planet of the week again. It worked for Kirk, Picard and Janeway, not to mention other franchises like Stargate.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 09:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what do you think of paul wesley as kirk?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2022 09:06 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
let's hope, I like the idea of planet of the week again. It worked for Kirk, Picard and Janeway, not to mention other franchises like Stargate.

Exactly, one week tribbles, the next week space nazis. It's a winning formula.

Of course they can do a 2-4 part arc if a certain story line calls for it, but give us a new story every week as the normal lay out.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 03:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what do you think of paul wesley as kirk?

Can't say I've seen him in anything. But he has galactic sized shoes to fill and I hope he does a fantastic job.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 03:49 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly, one week tribbles, the next week space nazis. It's a winning formula.

Of course they can do a 2-4 part arc if a certain story line calls for it, but give us a new story every week as the normal lay out.
they can also do call backs and have an overaching plot that crops up every now and then like Buffy or Dr Who or even series 3 and 4 of STtNG with the Borg.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 05:40 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
they can also do call backs and have an overaching plot that crops up every now and then like Buffy or Dr Who or even series 3 and 4 of STtNG with the Borg.

thumb up

Except for Dr Who, never watched so have no real frame of reference, but I suspect the Daleks?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2022 06:08 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

Except for Dr Who, never watched so have no real frame of reference, but I suspect the Daleks?
Dr Who often has a major plot, where call backs and clues are provided even though it's usual format is alien of the week interspersed by longer arcs. My favourite single season, Tom Bakers first in 1976 is described - After "Robot", all the serials in this season continue directly one after the other, tracing one single problematic voyage of the TARDIS crew. Despite the continuity, each serial is considered its own standalone story.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2022 07:19 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the first 4 episodes of the final season

surprised they mentioned [SPOILER - highlight to read]: jean luc picard so hopefully they'll solve that properly

Old Post Apr 12th, 2024 09:32 PM