KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Death Battle Agreements.

Death Battle Agreements.
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AuraAngel
How could you support Yang over Tifa? ='(

Dash vs Starscream was great though. Mostly because of Jim ****ing Sterling son.

My favorite DB was always Fox vs Bucky. But that's just cause I really enjoyed the fight and how it played out.

You risk opening a very big can of worms sir.

Mind you I didn't like how they gave Cloud his weakest sword and two utterly meh materia.
Loved how they used his fighting moves in Dissidia as a Basis for Cloud. :/

Also, they rub the Fusion Sword in your face, showing footage of Cloud using it several times.

However this is meant more for the Deathbattle Disagreements thread, guys.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 12:07 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm
My list would pretty mirror yours.

The only one I disagree with, is Buu'Kirby. Mainly because they spent their time trumping up how unstoppable both are, then failed to argue why one would kill the other.

Was expecting a stalemate, like the Chuck Norris one..

Oh yeah, there was that... May retract having Buu vs Kirby on my list then. I don't know.

I enjoyed Yang vs Tifa also admittedly, but it doesn't take a Final Fantasy buff (which I'm not) to know there was some bias in that, with how close death battle/screwattack is to the people that made RWBY. They wouldn't bring their prized character in just to make her lose.

I was fine with the first one.

Then the second one comes out long after Super is announced. Rather than put it off and see they just assumed, perhaps reasonably, that Goku wouldn't bring much new to the table. Then punching the universe to death happened and now everything is awkward.

Yep. It was clear they just wanted to end Supes vs Goku then and there as opposed to waiting to open that can of worms again. While I was fine with it at the time, I see now it was a pretty wrong decision.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:12 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

It is rather lame how the FFVII cast gets like no Materia whereas older characters get to have items from different games like it isn't a big deal. They let Megaman have a lot of stuff but not nearly all of it. Why not just pick Materia at random?

Also I agreed with Megaman vs Astro Boy. Love Astro Boy. Cool little dude.

Old Post Nov 12th, 2015 08:22 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Yep. It was clear they just wanted to end Supes vs Goku then and there as opposed to waiting to open that can of worms again. While I was fine with it at the time, I see now it was a pretty wrong decision.

It actually wasn't the wrong decision.

Not only is Dragon Ball a small universe, but Post-Crisis Superman (the one used for feats in both Death Battles), still exists in New 52 and has had some more feats since then.

Darkseid is multiversal in New 52.

And Post-Crisis Superman led a fight against the Anti-Monitor with Supergirl, Flash, and Parallax, and beat the Anti-Monitor to death. The same one that was responsible for the Crisis on Infinite Earths. Anti-Monitor would destroy the DB multiverse with ease. And despite Parallax being such a beast himself, the artwork made it clear that Supes was front in center and doing the most damage in the fight.

And even before New 52, he demonstrated the strength to tear the multiversal Soulfire Darkseid in half (though this didn't defeat him). Someone else who would destroy the small 12 universe DB multiverse casually.

In Post-Crisis he also punched through Death itself, right after Death claimed that no being could pass through the final barrier that is death. Death was both fascinated and annoyed with Superman, saying it has and will see universes come and go yet Supes will somehow still persist, and that irked him.

Supes is still canonically without limits. Not only has he demonstrated zero limits to his strength on at least 3 separate occasions, he has demonstrated that his speed is without cap as well, by matching those that have no cap on theirs. He was explicitly able to match Professor Zoom in speed, and matched Barry Allen and Wally West in Final Crisis, when they had to go faster than they've ever gone before to reach Darkseid(which is saying a lot), and Superman ended up reaching Darkseid on his own through his own sheer speed. He also has ignored complete time-stop with Super Speed.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Nov 15th, 2015 at 12:41 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 12:34 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It is rather lame how the FFVII cast gets like no Materia whereas older characters get to have items from different games like it isn't a big deal. They let Megaman have a lot of stuff but not nearly all of it. Why not just pick Materia at random?

Also I agreed with Megaman vs Astro Boy. Love Astro Boy. Cool little dude.

They get the materia they have been shown to use in cross-over games like Dissidia. It's the only compromise that makes sense.

There are hundreds of materia, and its impossible to equip them all, and in the scenes in FF7 there are only a few IIRC that we can say they canonically ever even get or receive from someone else.

Whose to say the crew ever canonically got all of them anyway? Materia is for the most part, a gameplay mechanic, maybe a bulk of materia types are just for gameplay and don't even actually exist. Materia is player-choice, and you have to eliminate that.

Megaman beats bosses in non-optional story fights to get their powers, not exactly the same as opening some optional chest that is never referred to in the story and getting some random assortment of materia.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 12:48 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Having played Smash 4, Megaman never once stops time, fuses with Rush, shoots a black hole(his final smash is one I guess but the applications are far different), shoots hornets, or reflect energy projectiles. There might be a version of Megaman that does use all of these in a fighting game but I sincerely doubt that to be the case.

I mean I'd be fine with the idea that they don't wanna factor in the theoretically limitless potential of materia into the mix. After all, we have no proof that Cloud can turn his enemies into frogs(he does canonically get this materia through Cait Sith). But here's the thing: Harry Potter never ever uses the Killing Curse. Luigi hadn't used the Poltergust 5000 along with the Negative Zone. Gaara never adds the gold dust to his sand permanently, Goku never grabs his opponents head to read their thoughts in battle, and Kid Buu never screams a hole in dimensions.

They pick and choose dude lol. They seem to factor in game stats(like calling Tifa a glass canon) while also making decisions that ignore said stats(Cloud is the best spellcaster after Aerith? Better not give him more than two spells).

And I mean it's not like I'm annoyed that Megaman got the stuff he did. Astro Boy was so far above Megaman that he was simply not going to lose so may as well factor in the hax stuff Megaman has as a way of preemptively beating backlash. You could have done the same for Cloud(not Tifa vs Yang though). The Master Sword isn't going to let Cloud turn Link into a frog so there is no harm in mentioning it. The same sword will cut through any magical barriers Cloud throws up. Every summon is already out of the picture. I just don't see why it is particularly fair that Link can get Roc's feather, Golden Gauntlets, Red Ring, Sword beam, Skyward Strike, and the medallions but they won't let Cloud have cure? A materia he canonically finds and equips to his gear?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2015 10:52 AM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, guess I would add the result of Mewtwo vs Shadow to my list here, even though I still feel using the character sprites is a huge step back from all the unique 3D fights death battle has stood out for more.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 08:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

May as well stick to what makes them unique, especially after BITS just used 3d animation that makes their stuff look like PS1 era to next gen fully loaded gaming PC's by comparison.

And agreed, this is one Death Battle outcome I agree with, and one of the first truely logical, obvious outcomes since Superman vs Goku..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 08:55 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2016 08:51 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2020 10:45 PM
Jmanghan

Dante vs Bayonetta
Darkseid vs Thanos
Raiden vs Wolverine

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 05:36 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote:
Darkseid vs Thanos
Raiden vs Wolverine

You can't really agree with those, since you admitted you haven't read comics.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2020 10:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

This was a thread about agreements..
Anyway I have yet to see any Deathbattle videos, just read the results.
I say I agree with Ben 10 losing to Green Lantern (Hal)

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 01:07 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Jmanghan

Darkseid vs Thanos
Raiden vs Wolverine
thumb up

smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 06:12 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
This was a thread about agreements..
Anyway I have yet to see any Deathbattle videos, just read the results.
I say I agree with Ben 10 losing to Green Lantern (Hal)

We disagree on that. Since Ben has access to guys like Way Big and Alien X(which he has full control over)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2020 06:53 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 03:37 AM
ares834

Meh. Should have done Hades from Saint Seiya instead just to piss off the DBZ fanboys.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 04:29 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by KingD19
We disagree on that. Since Ben has access to guys like Way Big and Alien X(which he has full control over)

Yeah, but Hal killed all Entities Krona and jacked Nekron.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2020 05:13 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Dec 28th, 2020 11:07 PM
Jmanghan

I was fine with the first one.

Then the second one comes out long after Super is announced. Rather than put it off and see they just assumed, perhaps reasonably, that Goku wouldn't bring much new to the table. Then punching the universe to death happened and now everything is awkward.
It's not that they didn't think he wouldn't bring much to the table, it's that they don't think there's many people in fiction period, who can beat Superman.

They made a video a few years titled "Who can beat Superman?", and they were vague and said "we gotta be honest, there aren't many who could pull it off", and then proceeded to not name-drop anyone in fiction who they thought could beat him.

They went as far to say that Thor, Batman, and Hulk on a Kryptonite planet probably still couldn't beat him.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2020 05:54 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

Hulk being able to reattach his head like he's Deadpool is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Other than that, good battle.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2020 01:34 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote