KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Battlefield 1

Battlefield 1
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They have released info stating that the French will be DLC. Maybe the DLC Premium pack will be based on individual nations instead of areas like previous games.

So, maybe each DLC will include

1. British dominions (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, India and etc)
2. Russian Empire
3. France
4. Japan
5. Client states/Bulgaria.

But who knows.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 12:52 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dika123
unstoppable force

Indonesia DLC please....

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 03:39 PM
dika123 is currently offline Click here to Send dika123 a Private Message Find more posts by dika123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What? Indonesia?

Not sure why they would be DLC for WW1.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2016 05:19 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Indonesia would be more to do with WW2 how Japan had it under control

unless i'm missing something for WW1.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 06:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I checked to see and I couldn't find anything.

The Netherlands were still controlling Indonesia until after WW2. Netherlands were neutral during World War 1.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2016 11:43 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 27th, 2016 08:45 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

(please log in to view the image)

lmao

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 03:20 AM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I'm looking forward to this. I think it's a good step in trying to get away from a modern shooter. I'm looking forward to shooting people while turret in a plane, or an armoured car.

Now, if the next game can be WW2, that would be great. I think an updated version will be a very good thing. I want to see a King Tiger face off against a Sherman Firefly while people fight in Mustangs and that crazy German jet plane. That would be soo awesome.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 03:32 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
(please log in to view the image)

lmao

Tyrese Gibson....is that what's funny from the picture?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 06:05 AM
FinalAnswer
Flower

No, a German soldier being black is what's funny.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 01:53 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Germany had black soldiers in WW1. They had colonies in Africa and WW1 was fought in Africa so it's not strange to see a black German solider.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 02:28 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Smasandian
Germany had black soldiers in WW1. They had colonies in Africa and WW1 was fought in Africa so it's not strange to see a black German solider.

None of the maps take place in the colonies, and Germany didn't have any black soldiers in the European theater.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 09:44 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Except the reveal trailer shows open desert African areas.....

And, the devs have said repeatedly that World War 1 took place all over the world and not just France and Belgium.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2016 11:04 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Originally posted by Smasandian
Except the reveal trailer shows open desert African areas.....

And, the devs have said repeatedly that World War 1 took place all over the world and not just France and Belgium.

The desert area is for the Ottoman front, and furthermore Germany's African colonies were located in Central/Southern Africa.

That's nice, that doesn't change the fact that the areas available for battle are none of the areas you'd see a German colonial soldier, especially not the European theater that the screenshot is from.

Howdy!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2016 12:09 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Aug 16th, 2016 07:42 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Beta out now. I played about 30 minutes or so. It was a lot of fun. It's basically Battlefield so it's not an entirely new experience. But.....being sent in the mid 1910's does change the gameplay up a fair bit. It feels much slower, more deliberate and it takes much more aiming skill than previous game.

It was strange jumping in an airplane and having to actually "dogfight" instead of relying on "lock on" weapons. Also, your in the air a lot more than previous games because you do not have 25 people locking on and shooting missiles.

And, they nailed the "war" aspect of the game. Things blowing up everywhere, shells flying through air, you can see the sand being pushed by the wind and when the train gets unlocked, it's this huge weapon platform that makes a difference.

Hopefully the SP is fantastic because this looks very promising.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2016 03:21 PM
Arachnid1

This game has been a blast so far. I've put a pretty good amount of time into the beta. The scout class is GOAT

Assault and Support are as expected, and I have yet to mess with medic yet. Not a fan of assault being the new engineer and medic being a separate class. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

The map in the beta is great, except for E being out in the middle of nowhere. This is also the most fun I've had with Rush mode since BF3. It's well done for the map.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2016 09:18 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I've put a pretty good amount of time into this and got to level 31 on PS4 and 18 on xbox one. This is easily the most fun I've had with battlefield since Bad Company 2. This game blows away 4, 3, and obviously Hardline. No lock on weapons makes everything feel much more skill based, and the destructibility on the map is well done. This is also the most fun I've had with Rush mode in a long time. I originally thought it was stupid to change it to 12 v 12, but it makes for a pretty intimate experience.

I've already got this payed off. We've got 5 days left for the beta and then a bit over a one month wait for the game. It's going to be a loooong month.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 4th, 2016 06:43 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Ended up level 50 on xbox and level 45 on PS4. I need this game back in my life already.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 16th, 2016 09:46 AM
Spawns
Cheeky Bastard

Originally posted by N-Shifter
It's not confirmed as WWI, even if that leak is true (which we're still not certain it is) then look at the names of the DLCs - it's a future setting, probably somewhere set before "Battlefield: 2142" but after "Battlefield 4".

you sure look silly now

Thanks SCRIBS!!!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2016 03:45 PM
Spawns is currently offline Click here to Send Spawns a Private Message Find more posts by Spawns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote