KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Flash

The Flash
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
We have a flash tv show, why do we need a movie too?

Because the Justice League needs the Flash, and instead of waiting a few years to make it, they're pushing it out now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 09:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

So we have to talk about this from now till 2018?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 09:59 PM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Tv show is frigging Awesome..

Anyway they should swap the dates for the JL and Flash movies IMO. That'd be almost perfect.

But hey it's WB, so I should just be glad we're getting the WW solo movie before JL.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 10th, 2016 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindset
He can

in what films

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 10:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

We have a flash tv show, why do we need a movie too?

Because DC/WB doesn't want to merge the two together like what Marvel/Disney has done.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2016 11:24 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I think The Flash has a limited appeal IMO.
I mean we've seen "speed" special effects already done to death in various movies, it's nothing new anymore.
It's either the "flash" of a distorted figure on screen & the bad guy's either knocked down or tied up or slow mo "bullet time."
The Flash is more effective sharing screen time with the JL than a solo movie.
I'm gonna have to disagree. The Flash has had some of the greatest comic book moments I've ever read. If there was ever a JL character to deserve his own movie (other than Supes or Batman), its Flash. The dude has an awesome rogues gallery and so many untapped and awesome stories.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 12:07 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ thumb up

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 12:13 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
in what films
(please log in to view the image)

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 01:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Arachnid1
I'm gonna have to disagree. The Flash has had some of the greatest comic book moments I've ever read. If there was ever a JL character to deserve his own movie (other than Supes or Batman), its Flash. The dude has an awesome rogues gallery and so many untapped and awesome stories.

I'll take your word on the awesome storylines & rogues gallery.

But I'm simply saying the cgi effects for speed has already been done to death.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 02:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I'll take your word on the awesome storylines & rogues gallery.

But I'm simply saying the cgi effects for speed has already been done to death.
Yeah, but he can also phase through walls, create whirlwinds, run through time, run between dimensions, steal peoples speed rendering them immobile, gives him a healing factor, (etc...). The Flash is the one character with super speed that somehow translates it to a plethora of other super powers. Barry, Wally, and Bart are so much more than just a power set too. They're all unique, fleshed out characters (Bart is my personal favorite speedster, though Barry and Wally are also awesome).

Plus, we have yet to have a legitimate fight scene in super speed. Could you imagine him and Zoom going at it with a proper budget/special effects? Quicksilver running into some robots and getting shot just doesn't compare. The only real proper super speed scene made so far was Quicksilvers in Xmen, and many consider that the best part of the movie. That pales in comparison to possible scenes with the Flash.

You say super speed has been done to death (Wolverine, on the other hand, we can somehow watch stab people for 10 movies), but I think people have barely scratched the surface. Writers usually stay away from characters with super speed because they are hard to write for.

PWNT

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 03:18 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

(please log in to view the image)

dunno who or what that is

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 03:45 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
dunno who or what that is
That's The Flash, my good man.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 04:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

He's certainly doing some quick movements there...lol

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 06:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, but he can also phase through walls, create whirlwinds, run through time, run between dimensions, steal peoples speed rendering them immobile, gives him a healing factor, (etc...). The Flash is the one character with super speed that somehow translates it to a plethora of other super powers. Barry, Wally, and Bart are so much more than just a power set too. They're all unique, fleshed out characters (Bart is my personal favorite speedster, though Barry and

Sweet!
You sold me.
I honestly never knew there was more to Flash's abilities than "running fast".

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 06:24 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Oh, there is. If you ever want to read the comics, look up stuff by Mark Waid and Geoff Johns. They show the Flash doing some mad shit.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 08:23 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

That's The Flash, my good man.

looks like he can't act lol... what films has he done?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 07:39 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was a pilot made for an aquaman tv show, with the guy who played green arrow on Smallville playing the lead. It was awful. I'm just waiting for some kind of animated or live action version of the character to be shown using telepathy on things other then fish, since a version of Aquaman from the comics could straight up mind screw you.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 05:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

There was a pilot made for an aquaman tv show, with the guy who played green arrow on Smallville playing the lead. It was awful. I'm just waiting for some kind of animated or live action version of the character to be shown using telepathy on things other then fish, since a version of Aquaman from the comics could straight up mind screw you.

Mercy Reef? It was a bit simplistic, but it wasn't terrible.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 08:24 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by -Pr-
Mercy Reef? It was a bit simplistic, but it wasn't terrible.
I remember tuning in for its premier and being super excited way back when. The theme song for the title was also done by my all time favorite band, not to mention I was the exact group they were marketing to (age wise) at the time. I thought it looked awesome, and was genuinely disappointed it wasn't going to continue.

Then they brought back the dude who played aquaman as GA and it fit him perfectly, so I got over it. He ended up being one of the best parts of Smallville and I still, to this day, believe he's a better Green Arrow than Amell from Arrow

PWNT

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2016 04:01 AM
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Flash

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post Mar 27th, 2016 02:36 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote