KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- C II VII (LIGHT SIDE)- The Secret of the White Fortress

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- C II VII (LIGHT SIDE)- The Secret of the White Fortress
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Yep, saw the archives were't updated and just wanted you to have all the info. Ready when Xeth is.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2016 04:25 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Speeder- only useful for getting around outside on the lower areas.

A group breakdown! That's handy. Ok, give me a final decision on what each group is doing and we'll get going.

Btw, you can't see much tech around here- the fortress at these levels is broken down and mostly ruined. Any tech is what the people here have brought with them.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 31st, 2016 04:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

So it seems doubtful there'd be a terminal to access at all, or if there is it'd be very well guarded due to the value of it.

Either we distribute Team Tech into Observe and Mingle or we come up with a new task for us.

Perhaps instead we look for resources we can use, either from people here trying to offload/sell stuff or looking into potential areas of the wall that could be used to sneak into.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2016 12:56 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Maybe those are things that Mingle and Observe could do, task-wise?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2016 11:31 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

All things to look at indeed!

If I could have a broad idea of how you might have been thinking to start moving up a level, then I can tell you what you might find that helped with that plan. Different groups can try different things- but as I warned before, once you split up on different methods you might be very split.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 08:50 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Well, first I'm wondering how entrance is monitored. Are there guards, is there a keycode or other electronic security? Also, are there any insignia apparent? Surely there must be a way, with a large population, to indicate relative "rank" so people don't have to memorize every face to know whether that individual belongs in a certain area or not?

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 04:09 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good questions- someone will have to go look.

Though I can answer the rank thing easily enough- nope! This is more by way right now of being an organised gang more than an army in your opinion, certainly at least down here.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 5th, 2016 04:17 PM
Craft
CTE

I would like to try move up legitimately to be honest. Finding out if they recruit or just take people doing things impressive/useful.

I also wouldn't mind finding out more about this rebellion that happened.

(There is merit for sneaking in too. Could be good to try cover both methods there. Maybe re do teams to Legit and Sneak?)

Old Post Apr 8th, 2016 03:03 PM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

We could push Team Tech into Team Mingle. And I'd say Jelena is more the mingle sort. We should get Team Observe to go answer some of Andro's questions.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Apr 9th, 2016 01:52 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

My optimal Team Observe roster:

Xeth (team leader)
Andro
Rast
Gallagher

Objectives we want to hit:

- Scout the perimeter of the White Fortress
- Find the legitimate entrances (gates, doors, etc.)
- Discover possible spots for sneaking in (cracks, tunnels, old ruins, etc.)
- Establish what defenses the Fortress has in case of a fight (shielding, turbolasers, troops, leaders, etc.)

We can use Survival, Observation, and Fix-It to check these things out. In case we get into trouble, Andro and Xeth are some of the best combatants on the team, and Rast can help us out at range. Gallagher can use his superior senses to help us steer clear of danger and talk us out of a situation via Lying.

-

Proposed roster for Team Mingle, pending Roan's approval:

Roan (team leader)
Jelena
Vera-Kin
Wentar
Denzral

Our most social Jedi on the team, plus the most even spread of skills, for general mingling. All are generally capable combatants, with Bodyguards (Roan, Jelena, Wentar) who can defend Vera and Denz if fighting at range becomes necessary. Liars in the form of Vera and Wentar.

Objectives to hit:

- Find out what those on the outside know about Kuylen and Adelmo
- Find out what they know about moving up in the ranks and into the Fortress
- Find out if there are any secret paths into the Fortress
- General info about the Fortress, this planet, and Kuylen's operation

-

Obviously Xeth can't really speak here because he doesn't have a Padawan, but do we want to leave the Padawans (Sunda, D'an, Essallin, and Argo) to protect our ships? They've clearly been marked as valuable, I can't imagine some greedy group wouldn't try. Combat-capable Sunda to watch over the bunch and serve as acting leader.

Thoughts? Otherwise, Padawans stick to their masters to provide moral guidance in this place ruled by the Dark Side.

Last edited by Bespin Bart on Apr 10th, 2016 at 06:28 PM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 06:25 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rio Rio

That works for me. Rast also has a pretty good spread of skills. I have a feeling that blasting people won't be very popular in this episode unless not everyone has a lightsaber. So far, everyone does.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 06:40 PM
Rio Rio is currently offline Click here to Send Rio Rio a Private Message Find more posts by Rio Rio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Gallagher would feel pretty safe with those three by his side, particularly Andro! I wouldn't be much use to the group in the way of observing and planning but my senses could come in handy.

Gallagher is torn on the Padawan topic because he wants to understand himself. Does he want D'an to stay with him for moral guidance or is he afraid of losing his Padawan? Decisions, decisions...

Old Post Apr 10th, 2016 08:12 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

My vote is we bring our Padawans with us.
If we do get separated for a long time, I don't want to leave them alone.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 02:16 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Let Andro lock out the ships' controls with Fix-it and hopefully that buys some time if someone tries to steal them. That way we have our Padawans along when the $hit jumps off. My gut says what we don't bring with us now, we lose for the bulk of the episode. And the Padawans aren't learning much from us is they have to play lightsaber-armed valets.

(And seriously; how, after all these years, does the forum spell-checking code still mark lightsaber as an error?

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 04:10 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Looks like we're getting organised! Alrighty, either group can say they are off to do objective X, and I'll tell you how it goes!

BtVS

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 04:46 PM
Craft
CTE

Looks good to me! One thing I wanna add to Team Mingle though is getting information about the rebellion, could be handy if we want to cause some confusion or dissent in the ranks.

That being said I vote Mingle try do - General info about the Fortress, this planet, and Kuylen's operation.

What we find out might change our game plan early on.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 05:20 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Team Observe should start by scouting the White Fortress's entrances and defenses. So, off to the walls of the Fortress to start!

Gallagher will agree with Roan and Andro that the Padawans should stay with their masters, with some relief. He feels D'an and Argo would be helpful with their scouting mission as it is.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 06:05 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vera21
Vera Vera Vera!

I'm on board with all of this. Team Mingle has a bunch of skills as their disposal between everyone involved, we should be fine. And I believe that the Padawans should stay close to their Masters. They will need the guidance. Especially Sunda, unruly and "I want to fight the Dark Side!" as he can be (no offense, Roan!).

Vera-Kin proposes to Roan (deferring to him as team leader) that they find the nearest encampment on the outskirts of the White Fortress and begin talking to them to find out more about the operation and the rebellion that Kuylen mentioned.

Nice trick.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 07:15 PM
Vera21 is currently offline Click here to Send Vera21 a Private Message Find more posts by Vera21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Yep, Xeth wants to start with the walls of the Fortress to see how they're defended. He gathers his team together for a quick briefing, including R3-U9, his astromech unit.

"We're checking out how Kuylen's cronies lock this place up," Xeth says to his audience. "Let's avoid engaging anyone and keep our distance, if we can help it. We're just fact-finding right now."

Xeth wants to bring R3 along for scanning capabilities, and so that nobody gets the bright idea to steal the R3 unit from the ships, either.

"Meet back here?" Xeth asks Roan and his ready-to-mingle Jedi crew.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2016 08:24 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Yup, meet back here in [Thematically appropriate amount of time]"

Yea, lets start with General Info, and see what that gets us!
Go Team Mingle! Bringing on the nightlife! Lets find some bars!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2016 01:40 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote