KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » MCU Thor punches like a Human

MCU Thor punches like a Human
Started by: joesha28

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

MCU Thor punches like a Human

Yes that's how I feel. With mjolnir opponents are flying but with bare hands, he punches like a human.

In Avengers 1, his punches Hulk which just snaps he s head back., in dark World his punches only snaps Kurse back. But matches Aether powered Malekith blow for blow.

So how strong is he?

Old Post May 8th, 2016 10:02 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Physically, (counting strength, speed and agility but no Mjolnir or exotic powers), he's almost a match for Hulk.

With Mjolnir, there's only 1 Avenger whose in his league now, and that's Vision.

Old Post May 8th, 2016 05:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Physically, (counting strength, speed and agility but no Mjolnir or exotic powers), he's almost a match for Hulk.

With Mjolnir, there's only 1 Avenger whose in his league now, and that's Vision.

Almost a match? Hope we see more in thor 3, if geek.com is to be trusted.

Old Post May 9th, 2016 04:45 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Like a human? No mere human could've hurt Hulk the way he did.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 11th, 2016 11:01 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Thor is certainly the most affected by being in films (since Thor 1 he's been massively de-powered). But, he's still a match for the strongest beings in the MCU.

I feel that we're finally gonna see Thor go "all out" in Ragnarok. But I could be wrong.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 11th, 2016 01:13 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

I want to see a solid lifting feat

Old Post May 11th, 2016 09:30 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by D-Block
I want to see a solid lifting feat
You'll probably be disappointed then. The MCU doesn't really "do" lifting. The best case scenario is probably going to be more striking feats/ fighting feats.

If he can hold his own against Hulk in an ACTUAL fight then that's fine enough for me tbh.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 11th, 2016 09:36 PM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought they have been holding back a bit on Thor's might in the name of team building, to allow other Avengers to have a role and not have him be so powerful he wouldn't need them. But he's getting more powerful all the time.

His best feats in the MCU:

- Taking on a whole army of Frost Giants and practically beating them himself, while destroying a large part of the planet - then flew right through Laufey's monstrous 'goat' just for giggles.

- Hitting an Aether-powered Malekith so hard the Earth cracked open around them and shockwaves shattered windows.

- His punches can stagger Hulk; with mjolnir he knocked him flying.

- Despite accidentally giving Iron Man a 400% powerup, took no damage or was staggered by any of IM's attacks on him.

- His lighting took down a few Chitauri leviathans at once, and split open the Sokovia meteor.

A lifting feat would be good; we saw in the first Avengers he seems able to match Hulk's strength. But when you have such an awesome hammer, it's hard not to lead with that.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post May 18th, 2016 05:25 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

He snaps Hulk's head back with a punch...and that's punching like a human? huh

But I agree, Thor(and Hulk for that matter) may never get a better opportunity to cut loose than Ragnarok. If they miss this chance it will be pretty disappointing.

Last edited by BruhMan on Jun 8th, 2016 at 04:59 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2016 04:57 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nfactor1995
The N-Factor

I mean, he was sending soldiers flying pretty dang far in that opening scene in Age of Ultron, and it seems to be pretty clearly established he's out of the league of someone like Cap. Though I put him below Hulk overall even with Mjolnir, he was able to stagger him with his hits, which gives you an idea of his level of striking power. His hits only look human because of who he's fighting: Vision, Hulk, Malekith, Loki etc.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2016 03:58 AM
nfactor1995 is currently offline Click here to Send nfactor1995 a Private Message Find more posts by nfactor1995 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote