KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Storm Vs Superman

Storm Vs Superman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Why, are you Intellectually Disabled? That's one of the special education categories by the way. laughing out loud

So you are indeed not willing to tell why?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:24 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Indeed.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
I always figured his sig was a take on flying an upside down flag as a sign of distress.

More like an upside down crucifix for these super fanboy zealots' enjoyment.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 08:59 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 08:53 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

The problem is, the inverted cross doesn't mean what people think.

http://www.catholic.com/blog/hector...nic-or-symbolic

It's used because it's said Peter had requested to be crucified upside down because he wasn't worthy to die the same way as Jesus. In fact, if it were a Satanic symbol, would be a tad odd the Pope has it in his chair.

(please log in to view the image)

For all intents and purposes, you've been inadvertently admitting you're not worthy of Superman. And this is to be expected by you.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 09:05 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Storm stomp.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 09:05 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^shame on you. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Delta1938

It's used because it's said Peter had requested to be crucified upside down because he wasn't worthy to die the same way as Jesus. In fact, if it were a Satanic symbol, would be a tad odd the Pope has it in his chair.

For all intents and purposes, you've been inadvertently admitting you're not worthy of Superman. And this is to be expected by you.

You covered the meaning pretty well. When i read his response to me post i was thinking "dang, i'm gonna hate to tell him..."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

^^^shame on you. laughing out loud

You covered the meaning pretty well. When i read his response to me post i was thinking "dang, i'm gonna hate to tell him..."

thumb up

The irony about him saying "for their enjoyment" is I actually have been enjoying BAV prove that ignorance is bliss.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:20 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Oh shit OWNED!!!

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:32 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

thumb up

The irony about him saying "for their enjoyment" is I actually have been enjoying BAV prove that ignorance is bliss.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:35 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2016 10:43 PM
riv6672

thumb up

Well, a lot of folks probably dont know the real story behind the cross. I didnt till i was well into my 20s.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:25 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

In fact, if it were a Satanic symbol, would be a tad odd the Pope has it in his chair.

This sounds exactly like what a Satan possessed Pope would want us to think.

quote:

Nobody is worthy of Superman. Even Lois is a little twit not worthy of his greatness.

Hell Wonder Woman barely qualifies as being worthy enough to be in the same room with him. It's why Superman forces other characters to job to Wonder Woman so she looks more powerful than she really is and thus doesn't make Superman look bad for dating her.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 05:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, a lot of folks probably dont know the real story behind the cross. I didnt till i was well into my 20s.

Have you ever seen a possession movie?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 10:22 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

thumb up

laughing out loud Nice spin, Delta the Baptist. No, that's not it, but you get an C for effort. Spoken like a true disciple.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2016 10:24 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

laughing out loud Nice spin, Delta the Baptist. No, that's not it, but you get an C for effort. Spoken like a true disciple.

You having not even a half-assed attempt at defending your ignorance and incompetence(to make sure you had the slightest clue what the **** you were doing) proves you're broken. Now go make me a sandwich.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 02:36 AM
riv6672

Have you ever seen a possession movie?

I actually have a bit part in one.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 03:07 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your lack of knowledge about Satanic symbols should cause you to feel nothing but shame.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 03:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

It doesnt, as i'm always willing to learn.
Most people (like BaV, formerly me) only know the more popularly pushed version of the symbol.
Its like Thomas Edison. Most grow up thinking he was this saint like inventor, when he was anything but.
Live and learn.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 03:42 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually have a bit part in one.

Hey riv, I don't mind replying to an honest inquiry. I gave my reason for the upside down symbol and here's why:

By inverting the primary symbol of Christianity, the upside-down cross has become popular within anti-religion groups[2][unreliable source?] and has appeared in films such as The Masque of the Red Death, Rosemary's Baby, Exorcist: The Beginning, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Ghost, The Devil Inside, Paranormal Activity, Constantine, Devil, Phoonk, The Omen, The Conjuring, Omen, Annabelle, V/H/S: Viral and Gummo

- wiki

Now, the little white dog turd doesn't like it so he's trying to discredit the alternate modern meaning of the symbol by citing the historical context of the upside down crucifix. Once again, this little ass plug makes the assumption that A) I couldn't possibly know what his arrogant, superior acting acting knows, and B) he knows all there is to know about everything. Just like with topic of special education he brought up in which I have a graduate level cerfication, my father happens to be an ordained minister with a masters in theology from Vanderbilt and I tend to know just a little bit about Christianity. The two inch white turd told me nothing I didn't already know, but again I was able to school him on something. He should make my signature pic his avatar.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 04:28 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

You having not even a half-assed attempt at defending your ignorance and incompetence(to make sure you had the slightest clue what the **** you were doing) proves you're broken. Now go make me a sandwich.

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Let me get this straight. You KNEW I didn't know the Biblical context of theach inverted crucifix, that's the claim you are making? You're really so butt hurt from the last time I schooled you you are fully prepared to make a complete fool of yourself ahead of time? laughing

Old Post Jun 25th, 2016 04:34 PM