KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stranger Things

Stranger Things
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2022 05:11 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'll check out 1-2 eps, but that trailer did little for me. Think I'm well over this show.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 04:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Looks trippy AF. I'm in. I liked the last season more than I expected.

Not sure why the girl has an awful femullet haircut now, but what're you gonna do...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2022 08:52 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'll watch, if only to see what the season's "boss" is all about, and how 11 fits into this whole equation.

Hope it's the last season, though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2022 06:49 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The first 8 minutes of the season can be watched here:

Gotta say, I actually enjoyed that sequence.

Also, the episodes this season are going to be quite lengthy:
-Episodes 1-6 will be ~1hr, 15mins each (on average.)
-Episodes 7-8 will be ~1hr, 30mins each.
-Episode 9 will be ~2hrs, 30mins.

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 12:39 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
I'll watch, if only to see what the season's "boss" is all about, and how 11 fits into this whole equation.

Hope it's the last season, though.
She's legal now G shifty wink

Old Post May 23rd, 2022 09:15 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
She's legal now G shifty wink

You'd have have a hard time proving you're not a dirty old man, Whirl. laughing out loud

Old Post May 24th, 2022 12:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So I enjoyed this quite a bit. Vecna is a pretty good villain and [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the reveal was handled well.

It's certainly better than season 3 was.

Last edited by ares834 on May 28th, 2022 at 10:23 PM

Old Post May 28th, 2022 10:19 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Agreed. As time went on I became more critical of season 3, and glad season 4 wasnt just more of the same but an actual improvement.

Old Post May 29th, 2022 06:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I really enjoyed the first 'volume', tbh... And I didn't think I would.

Old Post May 30th, 2022 06:49 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
You'd have have a hard time proving you're not a dirty old man, Whirl. laughing out loud
I don't think I have a hope if proving I'm not anyway PL. laughing out loud

I read a piece in the guardian some internet sites had online parties the day she became legal... that's just weird tbh.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on May 30th, 2022 at 09:00 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2022 08:57 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I don't think I have a hope if proving I'm not anyway PL. laughing out loud

I read a piece in the guardian some internet sites had online parties the day she became legal... that's just weird tbh.

It IS weird. It's not like she's the Olson twins or anything.. heh stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 12:31 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So I've seen the first 2 episodes of S4 so far and I'm digging the design of the new bad guy/demon (whatever the fu#k he is).

I am finding it kind of amusing, though, that they've introduced 2 new characters in the first two episodes (at least I don't remember them from before) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: just to have them murdered by big baddy demon guy from the Upside-down. laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 12:41 PM
Stringer

Except for the annoying few first episodes I’m enjoying this better then the last 2 seasons.

Really looking forward for the last 2

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 04:08 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Season one is still the best for me.

But I agree that season 4 starts kinda meh and ends stronger. At least the half we've been given.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 05:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

We just finished episode 4, I think. The one with Max.

Very good episode. And Robert Englund made an appearance. That was cool.

This is a great season so far.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 08:37 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Okay, episodes 5 and 6 were a little slow. I feel like they could have somehow been condensed. But the cliffhanger at the end of episode 6 was intriguing and I hear the last episode is good, so I'm hoping it's bonkers to end on a good note.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2022 05:15 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So apparently [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Vecna is *THE* big bad of the entire Upside Down. Everything that has happened in the series up to now has been by his own design... Including the 'creation' of the Mind Flayer, which I found a bit ass-pulley. Obviously the final moments of this season set the stage for the next(and final) chapter, but I am curious how the kids are going to set things right.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2022 08:19 PM
ares834

Honestly, after rea.ly enjoying Vol 1, I was pretty underwhelmed by Vol 2. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't as good. I don't know... Maybe the month long break between the two volumes hurt the momentum. As it was, these last two episodes just felt very bloated especially since it was so obvious and uninspired how everything played out.

Also it had more endings than Return of the King. Seriously, that shit was annoying and I just wanted the damn episode to finish.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 07:59 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by ares834
Honestly, after rea.ly enjoying Vol 1, I was pretty underwhelmed by Vol 2. It wasn't bad but it just wasn't as good. I don't know... Maybe the month long break between the two volumes hurt the momentum. As it was, these last two episodes just felt very bloated especially since it was so obvious and uninspired how everything played out.

Also it had more endings than Return of the King. Seriously, that shit was annoying and I just wanted the damn episode to finish.

Watched the 1st episode of Vol.2 so far. I thought it was really good.

But I'll be honest, I am a little skeptical that the last episode is over 2 hours long. Why not just split it up into two different episodes?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2022 11:42 PM