KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Stranger Things

Stranger Things
Started by: ares834

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Let the binge begin. Episode 1: MADMAX

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 10:42 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Watched the first episode of S2 last night before going to sleep. Pretty good. Gonna try to watch the rest at my own pace rather than binge.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 06:43 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Eh, finished it. Decent, but I feel like in the first season the nostalgia kinda just crept up on you. Here they just want to bash you over the head with it. Especially if people remember a certain scene that was in reference to "Aliens" from this latest season.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 01:08 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Just got done binging the 2nd season. It was arguably even better than the first.

I loved pretty much everything about the season, including [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the "demonic possession/exorcism" of Will, the Demogorgon outbreak, the backstory of Jane "Eleven" Ives. I found the Mind Flayer to be similar both to Cthulu and several recent "Hive Mind monsters" based villains such as Pacific Rim and Edge of Tomorrow. I enjoyed the fact that unlike the first season, the head scientist in this is actually a decent guy. Sean Astin was quirky and funny and his death was both shocking and saddening. I liked Max and her psycho brother, although I'm hoping the third season gives him some more redemptive moments. Steve was great and made a great wingman for the team. I enjoyed the actualization of Mike/Jane, Nancy/Jonathan, and Lucas/Max, and I liked how it really with Steve and Dustin undergoing the hardship of rejection. I love how they took the house decorating theme to the next level with Will's map drawings. I enjoyed how they tied Barb's death into the plot. Eleven and Eight made for an entertaining short lived team, and I hope we see a reformed or evil Eight in Season 3. And obviously, the ending with Jane Hopper being able to live freely and date Mike was heartwarming. The Cliffhanger shows the Mind Flayer hovering in the Upside Down. Now that Jane seems to have officially closed the portal, I wonder how the Mind Flayer will be able to terrorize Hawkins in S3.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 05:32 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lestov16
Just got done binging the 2nd season. It was arguably even better than the first.

I loved pretty much everything about the season, including [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the "demonic possession/exorcism" of Will, the Demogorgon outbreak, the backstory of Jane "Eleven" Ives. I found the Mind Flayer to be similar both to Cthulu and several recent "Hive Mind monsters" based villains such as Pacific Rim and Edge of Tomorrow. I enjoyed the fact that unlike the first season, the head scientist in this is actually a decent guy. Sean Astin was quirky and funny and his death was both shocking and saddening. I liked Max and her psycho brother, although I'm hoping the third season gives him some more redemptive moments. Steve was great and made a great wingman for the team. I enjoyed the actualization of Mike/Jane, Nancy/Jonathan, and Lucas/Max, and I liked how it really with Steve and Dustin undergoing the hardship of rejection. I love how they took the house decorating theme to the next level with Will's map drawings. I enjoyed how they tied Barb's death into the plot. Eleven and Eight made for an entertaining short lived team, and I hope we see a reformed or evil Eight in Season 3. And obviously, the ending with Jane Hopper being able to live freely and date Mike was heartwarming. The Cliffhanger shows the Mind Flayer hovering in the Upside Down. Now that Jane seems to have officially closed the portal, I wonder how the Mind Flayer will be able to terrorize Hawkins in S3.

Yeah, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I also liked the fact that the doctor turned out to be good. I liked Bob as well and it sucked to see him go. The character of Steve did get better, I kept thinking they were going to kill him, that he'd sacrifice himself to save the kids he was "babysitting". But he made it through.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 03:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Can 8 open the gate?

Rhyming, I just figured out series 3 cool

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 04:45 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Can 8 open the gate?

Rhyming, I just figured out series 3 cool

Or it could be that other numbers can, we know there are at least 11.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 09:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So apparently the character of Bob was originally going to turn out different:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: he was set to die in the 3rd episode via getting mind screwed by Will after the scene where he tells him to stand up to the mindflayer. But I guess Sean Astin was so good in the role they expanded it.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2017 03:15 PM
Rebel95

Binge watched both seasons in 3 days. Really enjoyed it, reminded me a lot of Lost, and that part where Eleven closes the gate reminded me of Pacific Rim lol

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:05 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

The acting in this show is honestly pretty phenomenal. Someone needs to get an Emmy.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:55 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Another good season, though admittedly not as good as the first.

Unfortunately, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I was not a fan of Eleven’s storyline. I get that they wanted to keep her separate from the rest of the cast for the emotional payoff near the end when they reunite, but I felt it really hurt the show. The episode where she ran off and joined Eight’s gang wasn’t bad but it destroyed the flow of the show.

Can't wait for Season 3.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 01:43 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

E07 was the polarizing one for many, but the rest of the season - good as it was - was a very literal copy of S1. I don't get why people are so reticent to creative risks. E7 wasn't bad, it was just different than what we were used to seeing. But seriously, the rest was pretty identical: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Will has crossover powers with the upside-down and the gang piece together clues from him to solve the mystery of the monster and how to get him back. The character that everyone knows was created just to be killed off, does get killed off. Steve hits stuff with his bat, Hopper is jaded and angry but with a good heart, Wynona acts manic as ****. And 11 comes in and Mary Sue's the big bad with tk powers. That description works perfectly for either season.

E7 was the only original thing in the season, and I say that as a fan of this season. They're going to stagnate if they don't attempt to branch out, and 11 is the logical choice to begin world-building with.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Want to start this show soon...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:39 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
The acting in this show is honestly pretty phenomenal. Someone needs to get an Emmy.

From some...yes.

Am I the only one who doesn't think "11" is a very good actress? She essentially has an angry face and a sad face and that seems to be it. The only interesting thing about her was her storyline with Hopper.

Likewise, am I the only one who just finds "Will" unlikable? Mike kinda is too lol. And Johnathan, when you think about it. The people who are supposed to be tools become interesting(Steve) meanwhile "introvert" Johnathan is just an angry douche it seems.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 04:26 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Started this last night. Just saw the first episode so far.

Paul Reiser has gotten old and fat. I wonder if I would have recognized him if i didn't see his name pop up. I guess I remember him best from Aliens, when he was younger and skinnier. Anyway, the stuff about Will being treated as if he has post-traumatic stress disorder was the most interesting thing about the first episode, but of course as a viewer I have to suspect it goes much deeper than that. I hope the rest of the show gets more interesting, because it just felt like way too much jumping around to different characters. Perhaps they're just re-establishing everyone and it'll settle in to a flow in an episode or two.

How much time has passed since the end of season 1? Anyone know? If they said I missed it..

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 08:45 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Loved season 2. The cinematography alone was masterful.

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 11:18 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Started this last night. Just saw the first episode so far.

Paul Reiser has gotten old and fat. I wonder if I would have recognized him if i didn't see his name pop up. I guess I remember him best from Aliens, when he was younger and skinnier. Anyway, the stuff about Will being treated as if he has post-traumatic stress disorder was the most interesting thing about the first episode, but of course as a viewer I have to suspect it goes much deeper than that. I hope the rest of the show gets more interesting, because it just felt like way too much jumping around to different characters. Perhaps they're just re-establishing everyone and it'll settle in to a flow in an episode or two.

How much time has passed since the end of season 1? Anyone know? If they said I missed it..

Mike says the number of days since he last saw 11 was like 352.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 12:04 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished episode 5 now and it's a good season so far I guess, but it does feel like a retread of season 1 in a lot of ways. It won't work for a third season, so I think they'll need to come up with a fresh approach if they plan to continue.

Oh, the worm that Will hacked up at the end of Season 1 that Dustin has been taking care of: the thing barely grew at all for a year and suddenly decided to eat a cat? And it's also kind of funny that Dustin was treating it like a pet hamster.. lol

Old Post Nov 9th, 2017 09:58 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished up Season 2 last night. It ended up having some pretty fun pay-offs and actually got a bit more gory than I was expecting. Overall it's still somewhat forgettable, though, unless they finally get around to explaining more about this other dimension. I'm curious what it is and what else inhabits it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2017 07:58 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Digi
E07 was the polarizing one for many, but the rest of the season - good as it was - was a very literal copy of S1. I don't get why people are so reticent to creative risks. E7 wasn't bad, it was just different than what we were used to seeing. But seriously, the rest was pretty identical: [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Will has crossover powers with the upside-down and the gang piece together clues from him to solve the mystery of the monster and how to get him back. The character that everyone knows was created just to be killed off, does get killed off. Steve hits stuff with his bat, Hopper is jaded and angry but with a good heart, Wynona acts manic as ****. And 11 comes in and Mary Sue's the big bad with tk powers. That description works perfectly for either season.

E7 was the only original thing in the season, and I say that as a fan of this season. They're going to stagnate if they don't attempt to branch out, and 11 is the logical choice to begin world-building with.
This is a startlingly bad take on S2

Old Post Dec 27th, 2017 07:48 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote