KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin Skywalker's Physical Strength (Comparison)

Anakin Skywalker's Physical Strength (Comparison)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anyway it's safe to say that the OP quote is more of an indication of Anakin's massive growth in power and strength as opposed to Dooku being weak.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 11:06 PM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Almost breaking Kenobi's bones, ripping apart crab droids, etc.

Was that during their Mustafar duel?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 11:11 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Kurk
Azronger:
(please log in to view the image)

Lol. Is this the only thing you have as a rebuttal?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 11:21 PM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Azronger
Lol. Is this the only thing you have as a rebuttal?

It's a pretty solid response proving that Anakin was getting stronger through the duel.

Also when Dooku blocks both Kenobi and Skywalker he had leverage and positioning on his side.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2016 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Azronger I am speaking purely in terms of Canon. What are your gifs supposed to prove? Everyone and their mother pushes each other back in a blade lock (the best example being Ahsoka pushing back Grievous).

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 12:28 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by ILS
@Azronger I am speaking purely in terms of Canon. What are your gifs supposed to prove? Everyone and their mother pushes each other back in a blade lock (the best example being Ahsoka pushing back Grievous).

It's pretty clear that Anakin was overpowering Dooku at the end of the fight

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by ILS
but the fact is Canon is the official universe, what happened, and "Legends" is a collection of stories which stem from the main universe and aren't valid until stated otherwise.

Force and Destiny is a Legends source. It's content involving how Legends works applies specifically about legends within the Legends community itself, not the overall Star Wars multiverse.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 16th, 2016 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 01:34 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

And in the movie we still see that he can't contend with his outright strength when he does block near the end and gets thrown back.

So, you agree? confused

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 01:49 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So, you agree? confused

Yeah why not. I wasn't paying close enough attention when I skimmed through.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yeah why not. I wasn't paying close enough attention when I skimmed through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzq9epS2b1A&t=3m54s

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 01:57 AM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 02:18 AM
Rebel95

Originally posted by Rebel95

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 03:37 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Yes.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 03:49 AM
Jmanghan

But that completely ignores the fact that later on in the fight, Kenobi and Anakin were evenly matched in a contest of strength.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 10:36 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

When? ^

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 10:37 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's pretty clear that Anakin was overpowering Dooku at the end of the fight
Indeed. Dookie bladelocking him thus doesn't prove much.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 10:48 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

That GIF was when Anakin was enraged, lol.

Dooku holding the edge over Anakin in their earlier saberlock and matching Yoda in a saberlock in AotC whilst diverting strength to collapse the pillar is pretty damn good. He also overpowers Ventress in a saberlock in TCW repeatedly.

In fairness, Dooku does use opportunity/leverage etc. in most of his strength feats. Not the ones I mentioned above, though.

Last edited by SunRazer on Nov 16th, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 11:09 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

There's also their fight on Naboo where Anakin seemed physically stronger, even though Dooku was fighting defensively.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 12:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yep. One can conclude that both of them grew stronger, though. Still, I'm not too sure how to it's possible that Dooku's growth is in excess of Anakin's, which is the only conclusion that can be drawn from comparing S4 to RotS. But I guess that's just TCW.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 12:02 PM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Nah, Dooku is just outmatched by Anakin in a 1v1.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2016 12:22 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote