KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » The Nicolas Cage Thread

The Nicolas Cage Thread
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Exhibiting his greatness, I assume. confused

Probably!

It find it odd when I see what I consider ‘name’ actors in direct to DVD stuff (Bruce Willis has way more of these than I would’ve thought). Still, it’s probably a quick payday, a little mad money.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 02:33 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Yeah, Bruce Willis is surprising.

I think Cage has done a lot of them because he was broke from some bad real estate dealings.. or something like that.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 03:48 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember there being controversy cuz Bruce was demanding 3 million for a short appearance in one of the Expendables movies. He ended up not doing it.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 04:45 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

The third movie, yeah.
He wasn’t missed!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 04:48 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hm... so Bruce is a bit of a prima donna. That's lame.

Fortunately that movie didn't really need him in it. Mel Gibson added a lot.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:16 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah he (Mel Gibson) added a nice touch to part 3. Harrison Ford was fun, too.
About Willis, well, if Kevin Smith considers you a douche, that’s pretty telling, as Smith is notoriously affable.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2019 07:20 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hm... so Bruce is a bit of a prima donna. That's lame.

Fortunately that movie didn't really need him in it. Mel Gibson added a lot.

Which is why I find the direct to dvd stuff weird for him. If he's asking for 3 million for a short appearance in a movie with his buddies...how much is he asking to appear in these direct to dvd movies?

Old Post Dec 4th, 2019 02:04 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Surtur
Which is why I find the direct to dvd stuff weird for him. If he's asking for 3 million for a short appearance in a movie with his buddies...how much is he asking to appear in these direct to dvd movies?

Agreed. It is weird. But I'm not sure how many of these direct to DVD films he's done. I don't think he's done nearly as many as Nic Cage.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2019 05:05 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by Surtur

Maybe he just likes bullying no name directors.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2019 10:49 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Nicolas Cage's birthday is tomorrow. I need to try to pick out a Nic Cage movie to watch for the occasion. thumb up

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 03:09 PM
riv6672

Nicolas Cage's birthday is tomorrow. I need to try to pick out a Nic Cage movie to watch for the occasion. thumb up

Tomorrow? Very cool!

As for a movie, one called PRIMAL is on my PPV channels, it stars Cage and Famke Jansen, and Cage plays an exotic animal hunter who runs afoul of a political assassin on a ship.
I’m gonna catch it sometime this week.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 04:07 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I saw a trailer for that one... haha.. let me know how it is. thumb up thumb down

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 04:26 PM
riv6672

It’s Nic Cage, it’s gonna be awful...ly good! stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 04:50 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

laughing out loud

I expect nothing less!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2020 09:53 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I might try to watch Snowden tonight to celebrate Nicolas Cage Day. He might not even be in it much, but whatever, I've been meaning to watch it for a long time.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2020 03:32 PM
riv6672

I might try to watch Snowden tonight to celebrate Nicolas Cage Day. He might not even be in it much, but whatever, I've been meaning to watch it for a long time.

^^^I didn’t know Nic Cage was in SNOWDEN! Did you like it?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 10:01 AM
riv6672

Oh, I watched PRIMAL, btw.
Nic Cage was, for him, kind of understated/not over the top here. His snark was on full display though. He had a mouth on him!
I liked him as the shlumpy great white hunter who just wants to get paid.

The white jaguar was kind of a maguffin, and didn’t play the role one night think it would.

Kevin Durand was good at being bad. I put him in the same category (though not at the same high level) as Walton Goggins, in that he takes any role and runs w. it.

Famke Janssen, in her fifties now, still looked quite fetching.

The supporting cast was adequate, and the story itself while not super original or anything, didn’t try to be anything more than it was, and moved at a nice pace.

I’d say give this one a look see, there’s MUCH worse ways to spend a couple of hours!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 10:36 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It took me a couple nights to finish Snowden, but yes I liked it a lot. If you've seen Oliver Stone's JFK then it is a must-see as well. Cage has a minor, but important role. I actually wish I hadn't waited this long to watch it.

Good to know about Primal. I will watch it at some point. thumb up

CAGE!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 12:40 PM
riv6672

I’m in on SNOWDEN, now.
I will watch it!

Old Post Jan 9th, 2020 01:09 PM
riv6672

In other Nic Cage related news, NATIONAL TREASURE 3 has been green lit...:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/national-tr...ncre-1841081376

Not sure what level of Cage-Iness we can expect yet.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2020 10:02 AM