KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Suicide Squad

The Suicide Squad
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Little tidbit of info: they filmed at a local jail in my home town for this. There was a casting call for extras. I submitted, but I think I'm a little too clean cut and didn't get picked...

https://www.wrdw.com/2020/08/24/old...-suicide-squad/

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 03:01 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You could have been a clean cut bubble-butt-bottom-boy, jails need those types too stick out tongue

Got my tickets for 7:00 PST tonight.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 09:04 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
You could have been a clean cut bubble-butt-bottom-boy, jails need those types too stick out tongue

Got my tickets for 7:00 PST tonight.
laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 09:11 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Hey, I agree. Clean cut folks end up in jail sometimes, too. But alas, it wasn't meant to be. 😔

Old Post Aug 5th, 2021 09:25 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

just watched on hbomax... much better then the first one.. john cena and idris elba stole the show,, i enjoyed the gore. you guys should watch or see in a theater..i would give this 7.9/10

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 03:29 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

WTF did I just watch? The CGI was horrendous and the story was predictable and silly with forced humor throughout. There was a couple parts I really liked, but I need a day or so to ponder this one.

As of now 3.5/10 - it was definitely no GOTG

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:37 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by tkitna
WTF did I just watch? The CGI was horrendous and the story was predictable and silly with forced humor throughout. There was a couple parts I really liked, but I need a day or so to ponder this one.

As of now 3.5/10 - it was definitely no GOTG

For comparison what would you rate the first one? 🤔

To me it was 3/10 territory.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 09:53 AM
NemeBro

tkitna mindlessly hates every DC film (possibly DC in general?) and has the IQ of a half-eaten basket of breadsticks so his opinion on the film should be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

I haven't seen the film yet myself, but I was very surprised to see it scoring so well among reviewers tbh.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 09:56 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I enjoyed it for the most part. I thought the humor was on point and Gunn did a good job of giving each character their respective moments, without giving Harley Quinn too much screen time (yes she was still heavily prominent). I think Starro was a little poorly utilized, but honestly I just enjoyed the film. 7/10

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 02:34 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

9.5/10 Amazing film one of DC's best ever. Definitely better than both of Gunn's Guardians films which is saying something.

Both DC films this year are far away better than Black Widow.

Also LMAO at Tkitna complaining about CGI. Black Widow was a real winner in that department.

Last edited by playa1258 on Aug 6th, 2021 at 04:14 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 04:11 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

This was a huge improvement over the first film, but not better than GoTG, which seems to be the mark it's compared too.

One thing that REALLY hurt it for me, they did show a lot of the best jokes/humor in the previews, so when I saw it on the screen, my laughs were already mostly spent. In hindsight, they should have showed us far less and kept the funniest gags secret.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 05:01 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Agree on the humor. Action I’m okay w. but humor I’d rather be surprised about.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 06:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
One thing that REALLY hurt it for me, they did show a lot of the best jokes/humor in the previews, so when I saw it on the screen, my laughs were already mostly spent.

Yeah I laughed loads In the trailers but didnt laugh much in the film.

But With GOTG it was almost the opposite.

But to be fair its the marketing thats to blame for that, not Gunn.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:05 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by NemeBro
tkitna mindlessly hates every DC film (possibly DC in general?) and has the IQ of a half-eaten basket of breadsticks so his opinion on the film should be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

I haven't seen the film yet myself, but I was very surprised to see it scoring so well among reviewers tbh.

Come on man. I liked the first Wonder Woman and Aquaman because they were good. I call them like I see them. This SS movie had Killer Shark looking like something off of a 70's Hanna Barbera show (seriously, he looked better on CWs Flash). Starro reminded me of the big blue furry doll on 'Legends of Tomorrow' It was just awful. On a big budget film and that was the best they could do?

Im surprised at the good reviews too. It was just too over the top for me. I actually think I like the first one better and I didnt like it at all.

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:19 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Originally posted by playa1258
9.5/10 Amazing film one of DC's best ever. Definitely better than both of Gunn's Guardians films which is saying something.

Both DC films this year are far away better than Black Widow.

Also LMAO at Tkitna complaining about CGI. Black Widow was a real winner in that department.

The fact that you think this is one of DC's best films ever instills much more confidence in my opinion of it.

What exactly was so bad about the CGI in Black Widow compared to a film that has creatures running around looking like something a 4 year old would draw and hang on the refrigerator?

By Stoic

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah I laughed loads In the trailers but didnt laugh much in the film.

But With GOTG it was almost the opposite.

But to be fair its the marketing thats to blame for that, not Gunn.

I can't think of another recent film that has spoiled more of it's humor in the trailers, tbh. I'm sure there is, but none come to mind.

I'd not blame Gunn either. In fact, I imagine he probably cringed at the trailers with how much of the humor it spoiled.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:27 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Y'all shouldn't have watched the trailers so much. I hope I didn't watch too much.

I wanna say I skipped the second trailer or at least most of it.

And I haven't seen a trailer since they came out. So I probably don't remember too much.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:34 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by tkitna
The fact that you think this is one of DC's best films ever instills much more confidence in my opinion of it.

What exactly was so bad about the CGI in Black Widow compared to a film that has creatures running around looking like something a 4 year old would draw and hang on the refrigerator?

The fact that you think it's so bad further reinforces my opinion of its quality.

The CGI in Black Widow was terrible throughout the third act. Especially Yelenas "sacrifice " scene. Absolutely terrible green screen shit.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 08:41 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh cool been a while since we had a Marvel vs Dc fight…

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 11:13 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Both films were good. I'm bored with these comic book movies which are nothing like comic books.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2021 11:24 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote