KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Adam

Black Adam
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
looks superb, let's hope its the best superhero film since Iron Man.

I'm always hoping Marvel or DC tops Ironman (2008), but I doubt thy will.

Still, this looks like a proper good time and that's what I want out of a action superhero flick.

IMO, Shazam is the best of the DCU, hoping it tops that, and from the trailer, it might.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Robtard
IMO, Shazam is the best of the DCU, hoping it tops that, and from the trailer, it might.

I really liked Shazam as well. Out of the DCU maybe just Wonder Woman was a better made film.

Problem is Shazam wasnt the biggest box office hit and given that, I feel theyve left it too long for a sequel. But hopefully this will be big and bring excitement to the Shazam sequel as well.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 06:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I'd put WW at an extremely close second in the DCU. While Gal Gadot was amazing to look at in every god damn scene, Shazam was an overall more fun film for me. But again, these two are very close in quality for me.

What brought WW down was the main villain, Thewlis is good/great actor, just so poorly miscast as Ares.

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 8th, 2022 at 07:12 PM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm always hoping Marvel or DC tops Ironman (2008), but I doubt thy will.

Still, this looks like a proper good time and that's what I want out of a action superhero flick.

I agree on Iron Man. I actually like the Snyder cut best for DC. Come at meeeeee!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:11 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I agree on Iron Man. I actually like the Snyder cut best for DC. Come at meeeeee!

F**king edgelord!

But the Synder JL cut was a better film over the theatrical, even with the stupid 4:3 aspect ratio and hour too long runtime.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

I’m confused.

Black Adam has always been a villain in DC Comics; the arch enemy of Captain Marvel.

Is he being retconned as an antihero who will eventually become a villain?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:51 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

He's been an antihero for years now.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:53 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

"antihero who will eventually become a villain"

Going from the preview, that is exactly it.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 07:55 PM
Darth Thor

What brought WW down was the main villain, Thewlis is good/great actor, just so poorly miscast as Ares.

Uggh yeah that was disappointing.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 08:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

I forgot if it was brought up before, but wasn't there something that happened with Joss Whedon and Gal Gadot in the theatrical JL film where he threatened her career or something during reshoots? It was a shit film regardless, especially with the reshoots, but she was already the established Wonder Woman, and her not liking the lines & scenes that had been given to her would've been a red flag if I hadn't saw the film already. Pirated, mind you.

I know he directed the first Avengers, but he was never gonna make good off the bad foundation that led to Justice League, and the production was still a mess on top of it, whether it was him or Synder.

Back to Black Adam though, trailer looks fun. Looking forward to Pierce Brosnan as Dr Fate as much as I am Adam himself, although I suspect he may not have too much screen time.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 08:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

If he's an antihero turned villain it could be interesting.

Otherwise I don't find super powerful god-like character interesting. Unless of course I'm watching The Boys, heh.. But they're bad guys, so yeah.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 09:02 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the trailer on the rock's IG

looks good and hopefully it will be

can't wait until he beats the shit out of Cavil

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 09:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by ares834
He's been an antihero for years now.

I’ll admit I’m unfamiliar with the comics of Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

I also need to brush up on Doctor Fate since I’m equally unfamiliar. Most people call him the “Doctor Strange of DC”, but Fate came first canonically.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 09:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Adam already looks like he can wreck MCU Thor

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 10:04 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by playa1258
Adam already looks like he can wreck MCU Thor

Seeing what a beast Thor was at the end of Infinity War, I would debate that. And he's likely going to be even more powerful in Thor: Love And Thunder.

The big thing is that they've moved this film out of July and into October, to get away from Thor: Love And Thunder's release. Now that's muscle that counts. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 11:24 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
I’ll admit I’m unfamiliar with the comics of Black Adam and Captain Marvel.

I also need to brush up on Doctor Fate since I’m equally unfamiliar. Most people call him the “Doctor Strange of DC”, but Fate came first canonically.
Fate is depending on the iteration more or less interesting than Strange is Imp.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 01:36 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Originally posted by roughrider
Seeing what a beast Thor was at the end of Infinity War, I would debate that. And he's likely going to be even more powerful in Thor: Love And Thunder.

The big thing is that they've moved this film out of July and into October, to get away from Thor: Love And Thunder's release. Now that's muscle that counts. wink

Nice and they visuals aren't done either. Big backlog on effects houses working on films.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 04:42 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider
Now that's muscle that counts. wink

Ha! True say

Old Post Jun 10th, 2022 05:21 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Fate is depending on the iteration more or less interesting than Strange is Imp.

If DC & Warners are smart, then the powers and abilities of Doctor Fate, Hawkman and Atom Smasher are tied in to Teth-Adam's history. That they are descended from a group of people put together specifically to keep him in check.

Anyway, the real heavies of this movie seem to be Intergang, running rampant in the region.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 11th, 2022 02:29 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Old Post Jul 24th, 2022 06:52 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote