KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » DC's Doomsday Clock

DC's Doomsday Clock
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

I dug it. I like how they're including a lot of international teams.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2018 07:02 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Issue 6 was pretty terrible

Overhyped crap

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 04:46 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

This might be the worst 'event' I've read.

Absolutely boring shit.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 04:47 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If it weren't for Dr. Manhattan and Superman showing up at some point (maybe?), I would have stopped reading this crap months ago. Every issue so far has been horrid.

I'm sure Prep loved it, though. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 25th, 2018 04:57 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Doomsday Clock is halfway done and we’re still at a stagnant pace.

Superman and Manhattan need to show the hell up but fast.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 4th, 2018 02:22 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I finally checked it out today. Nothing is happening. It's all a big set up towards the end. Which means we might get 1 or 2 good last issues and that's it. The next issue looks like it's going to be another backstory set up as well.

I know they want to contain it all, but it would really move the pace up a bit with tie ins. That one issue was completely wasted on Rorblack's origin that wasn't even deep or interesting anyway. Easy tie in. They're really spreading out the material to make way for 12 issues though. Based off what has happened, this could easily fit into two issues with full context. Maybe some tie ins for origins... maybe. Or just a bio at the end of the issue.

Comedian retcon was shit too.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2018 09:08 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'm so tired of Marionette and Mime. These two characters are pretty damn boring. Did we really need a backstory about her puppet maker dad?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 01:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I thought there'd be a more interesting dynamic with her basically being Harley Quinn with the Joker, but there wasn't.

I don't know how you keep them important or relevant when it's leading into bringing out Superman, Batman, and Dr M, but this series is really going to try. They pretty much have nothing in common with anyone besides being street trash that Batman cleans up every other week.

Is Dr M going to halt and reflect back on that time he looked at Marionette and it's going to change everything?

This payoff better be worth it. This is already as long as most other events... great events where tons of shit happened every issue. Universes, multiverses, important heroes died, etc.

It's trying to be like Watchmen but things actually happened in Watchmen, and Dr M made regular appearances doing random shit and flopping his willy around. The flashbacks were important. The threat was real. Everyone played a part and did things throughout. Among other things... I don't know.

Although Rorblack talking to Batman like an animal is kind of entertaining.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Aug 6th, 2018 at 04:22 PM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2018 04:14 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My issue is that Dr. Manhattan was originally touted as this Supreme Being-level foe, more powerful than even Mxy, who has been altering DC's timeline for some unknown reason.

Fast-forward to now, and absolutely NO emphasis is being placed on Manhattan or his machinations. DC has completely moved on like it's no longer relevant... And given the pace of this event, Johns is evidently in NO rush to catch up.

I'm still hoping this will pay off in a big way, but damn has it been some boring garbage so far.

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 9th, 2018 at 05:55 PM

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 05:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Oh man. At the start of reading this thread I was pumped for Doomsday.... at the end: not so much erm

-_-

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:11 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The story isn’t bad, just f*cking slow.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 07:37 PM
Blight
Less than Newbie

Maybe I'll wait until it's fully collected then.

-_-

Old Post Aug 9th, 2018 08:09 PM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Issue 7 was actually pretty good. First time I’m excited for the next issue to be released

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 12:35 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, it only took 7 issues(out of 12) for this series to get pointed in the right direction. thumb up

I think Johns did a great job with Manhattan's portrayal, tbh(Ozy's cat being able to feed off his energy and cause him pain notwithstanding)... But I'm still curious what Jon's larger endgame is? Like Ozy said: "there are no coincidences":

(please log in to view the image)

He's done everything so far with a clear purpose/objective in mind.

Last edited by Galan007 on Sep 26th, 2018 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 01:07 PM
xJLxKing

I actually love that bit about Oz lying about dying of cancer.

Can wait to see the show down between Superman and Dr Manhattan

Hopefully it’s not as dumb as the upside down people vs Diana

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 01:57 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doomsday Clock

What is the possibility of DD Clock being made into the next Watchman movie?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2019 07:24 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Slim, I'd say.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 02:41 PM
Impediment
Endless

No chance at all.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2019 03:07 PM
Impediment
Endless

Issue 11 was ho-hum.

This final issue had better knock my socks off, but I sincerely doubt that it will.

Two years in the making and this is simply a mediocre story and fails massively to reach the standards of Watchmen.

Last edited by Impediment on Sep 6th, 2019 at 07:48 PM

Old Post Sep 6th, 2019 07:06 PM
riv6672

As someone who doesn’t think Watchmen is the greatest thing ever written (and liked the movie more, there I said it), I wasn’t expecting it (Doomsday Clock) to be as groundbreaking or original.

TBH the reason i’m getting it is I like the artist, and I know good or bad it’s one of those “must read” books someone who collects comics needs to have under his belt to understand certain conversations.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2019 07:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote