KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Ball Fighters

Dragon Ball Fighters
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 04:13 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

thumb up

Old Post Jun 25th, 2017 06:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 06:48 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's uncanny how DBF utterly destroyed MvCI.

http://www.gamesradar.com/dragon-ba...r-is-concerned/

Just going by the visual comparisons there as pointed out, MvCI looks like a joke compared to DB Fighters. Capcom rushed the game out which also resulted in its lackluster roster that has also been panned. Hopefully they learn from this, after getting their asses handed to them by a Dragon Ball game of all things.

Yeah, no doubt Capcom should be kicking themselves when they look at this game and then their own.

For a DBZ fan like me, this has been a dream come true. I'm really happy that at least one of these fighting game companies made a Dragon Ball Z game with this kind of gameplay. I remember when I first saw X-Men vs. Street Fighter at the arcades and one of the first things that came to mind was Dragon Ball Z. Long energy blasts? Super jumps? Air combos? Close ups before supers? Background changing (in MvC, that is)? I always thought that that kind of gameplay would be perfect for a DBZ game and now we're FINALLY getting it.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 4th, 2017 10:26 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

EPIC!!!

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 08:27 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Hit and Rose confirmed?

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2017 08:20 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Hit and Goku Black might be a bit of a reach. I don't know, it's anyone's guess right now, but still wondering about Beerus... and whether Goku having SSJB Kaioken there was really necessary.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 12:30 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Hit and Rose gotta make it if Blue is in. Also its nice to see Vegeta beatdown move in the game (the one he did on Black) and Goku's ultimate is what he did againt Hit when they battled for the 1st time. Kinda sad how Goku's ultra looks much cooler then Vegeta's. Btw cant recall what scene is Vegeta's ultra is from?

Bankai.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 08:13 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

They really need a Create a Wrestler function, so I can make Superman and beat down the entire cast.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Yeah, no doubt Capcom should be kicking themselves when they look at this game and then their own.

For a DBZ fan like me, this has been a dream come true. I'm really happy that at least one of these fighting game companies made a Dragon Ball Z game with this kind of gameplay. I remember when I first saw X-Men vs. Street Fighter at the arcades and one of the first things that came to mind was Dragon Ball Z. Long energy blasts? Super jumps? Air combos? Close ups before supers? Background changing (in MvC, that is)? I always thought that that kind of gameplay would be perfect for a DBZ game and now we're FINALLY getting it.

Watch the worst characters in the series become the Sentinel/Magneto/Cable/Storm... (Someone like adult Gohan or Yamcha..)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 02:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

(please log in to view the image)

The internet instantly fell in love with the newly introduced Android 21... 18's gonna have some serious competition.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2017 09:03 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Well..... I didnt. stick out tongue

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:08 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

The internet and DB fanbase at large in general loves her, was the point. Not sure why an Android would need glasses though but interesting design nonetheless.

And Yamcha definitely looks fun to play as here, but Tien... was more underwhelmed by. May as well be bottom tier to coincide with his treatment in Super, the only U7 fighter who didn't get a Toriyama handjob.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Sep 25th, 2017 at 07:59 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:56 PM
LordofBrooklyn

One word.

BROLY!!!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:32 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Imagining the shitstorm reactions if we got Kale instead of him...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 11:16 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Imagining the shitstorm reactions if we got Kale instead of him...

LMAO!

I hope not. This game, unlike the unholy abomination bearing the DB name, actually looks like a worthy addition to the franchise.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 09:02 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

GT? stick out tongue

In all seriousness, Kale would be fine as a skin/character alt for Broly. Aside from the obvious Beerus inclusion (who I’m gonna assume now is DLC), DBS characters in moderation would be fine too if they have good gameplay... Not sure about the fusion characters unless they find a way to balance them in the roster without being OP, though I’d rather not have them.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 09:25 PM
cdtm

Fusion was pretty awful in Budokai 3. You either had dance lasting long enough for one combo, or potera failing every attempt.

Best fusion character I've seen is from a freeware beat 'em up Little Fighter 2, where a fire and ice character run into each other and form Firzen, with about the same level as the op boss character but with a hidden time limit of some minutes (And hardly invincible, he can still be swamped.)

Actually, found a video:

That game was fun. smile

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 11:05 PM
Estacado
Legendary

We need Hit.
He is the coolest mofo in DB history...hell I almost like him more then Broly.

Bankai.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 03:52 PM
Estacado
Legendary

BOOM!

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2017 08:26 PM