KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dragon Ball Fighters

Dragon Ball Fighters
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 7 8 [9]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm

That, and sales aren't much of a sale.

I don't want to spend 30 dollars on an old base game. I want to spend 7. 15, at the most.

This is why digital can't beat physical copies, popular digital games NEVER go down in price like used discs.

Granted, there's cases of impossibly expensive rare games as well, like Panzer Dragoon Saga or Einhander, but that isn't normal.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 02:08 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Tbh all the dlc is turning me off from buying the base game.

How much are you missing out unless you buy dlc? Looks like there's enough to make up a whole new game, just like they did with Killer Instinct.

While I got a certain fraction of the DLC characters out of the ones that appealed to me, wouldn't say it's quite comparable to Killer Instinct in that sense (and I have that game too which was where KI peaked by the end of its cycle). The base roster for this game has plenty in comparison, so wouldn't say you're missing too much if you don't get any DLC.

I get you though.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2020 11:23 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I’m considering checking this out. How does it play, it sort of looks like marvel vs. capcom 3

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 09:07 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I’m considering checking this out. How does it play, it sort of looks like marvel vs. capcom 3

It's an Arc game. You played Boaz Blue or Guilty Gear, you pretty much know what you're getting.

I doubt it's anywhere near as complex though, probably much closer to MvsC then GG.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 09:47 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by cdtm
It's an Arc game. You played Boaz Blue or Guilty Gear, you pretty much know what you're getting.

I doubt it's anywhere near as complex though, probably much closer to MvsC then GG.

Cool. Thanks thumb up

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2020 09:47 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Old Post May 6th, 2020 06:59 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

So, any recommendations for good base and season 1 character teams? Fact is I have no idea what to look for in a team game, or what separates a neutral from a point from an anchor.

Preferably without resorting to Bardock.

Ideally, I want something that can compete against all the tier whoring people, without tier whoring (Plus I'm not really planning on buying into season 3, or UI Goku individually.)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2020 11:43 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

^ I don't know as far as best teams, nor have I paid too much attention to the tier stuff, playing this game on and off, but based on just like basic observations,

ToP Android 17 looks decent for someone to play more defensively (tho I don't have him), Cooler has a good punish game... Merged Zamasu I wish I could recommend just as well, who I heard was like low tier, but he's fun at least imo.

And DBS Broly is fresh for a tank kind of fighter. GT kid Goku I guess is the Bardock of season 2 if you want to tier whore, but I didn't get him myself. Looks too versatile for his own good compared to most of the other cast.

Again though, I don't really know the best team setups, regardless of tiers. Wish I could be of more help there.

Also posting because I realized I forgot to post this earlier.

I might actually have to buy season 3 at some point, depending on what the rest of the characters consist of. So far though it's had some of my most wanted added. Kefla, UI Goku, and now Roshi...

Mind you, I didn't feel this way with season 1 and 2, who I only got a few characters for individually.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2020 08:26 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Not that I really play this game anymore, but have to say lab coat 21 is the most interesting DLC this game has seen in awhile. Aside from being more original than her Majin counterpart, her ability to nerf the opponent's damage and whatnot. A real meta changer.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Feb 24th, 2022 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2022 07:33 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I kinda liked the game but there was too many ****en Goku & Vegata variations.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2022 05:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote