KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Can ANYONE Go To Heaven?

Can ANYONE Go To Heaven?
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote:
Wrong. That’s “not” my claim, nor has it ever been.

You:
quote:
You both totally IGNORED the most important point that made:

NONE of the NUMEROUS people that I listed (i.e. Budda, Muhammad, Confucius, etc.) EVER ROSE FROM THE DEAD, and/or REMAINED ALIVE--like the Lord Jesus.

Your assertion is that Jesus was resurrected. Your proof thus far is the Bible. You cannot show me more direct proof for Jesus being resurrected because no such proof exists. But you're welcome to try.

quote:
You see, I’ve given you “extra-biblical” evidence, and “scientific” revelations in the Bible that were revealed “thousands” and “hundreds” of years before modern scientists discovered them (101 to be exact)—but you “run” in the other direction so to speak, every time I bring these “irrefutable”, “claim-proving facts” up.

1. The Bible cannot provide irrefutable scientific evidence, because it does not use scientific method to provide actual theories, and its claims cannot be independently replicated or verified. It is, by definition, a tool of mythos and therefore any 'predictions' it makes about scientific knowledge are luck.

Being right about a conclusion despite a lack of evidence or faulty premises does not make for an irrefutable argument.

2. Youtube links to people claiming things aren't convincing. I will not entertain a multitude of external videos taking up my valuable time simply because you cannot concisely and easily convey your point. Videos themselves do not provide evidence, but present it. Find readable sources. If they exist.

quote:
You see, your source for Thor’s goats does not have the “track record” that the Bible has. The Bible has “archaeological” weight, “extra-biblical” credence, scientific “foreknowledge”, and predictive (i.e. prophetic) power.

1. Archaeological weight is a misleading term. The walls of Troy were uncovered; this does not mean the Iliad is entirely fact or even mostly fact.

2. I don't think you know what scientific really means. In order for a claim to be scientific, it must withstand the scientific method. Anything else is an untested claim, which may ring true or false, and may be either for entirely different reasons.

If I say that the earth is round because people have round eyes, I am right for the wrong reasons.

3. Thor's goats are mythos; by attacking their credibility you miss the obvious point - that Jesus cannot be substantiated without claims that beg for real evidence. "The Bible says so" is not evidence. "Youtube supports Bible's such and such" is not evidence. Evidence is something tangible that substantiates he even existed, much less that he is of divine parentage.

quote:
1. My last post to Adam_PoE was not a wall of text. Go back and look for yourself.

I ignore your walls of text largely because I don't always want to sift through your verbal diarrhea just to find something to respond to every single time we debate. I can present my arguments simply; why can't you?

quote:
2. YouTube links aren’t proof? Then someone should break the news to Patience_Leech.

Unless the Youtube video shows Jesus facetiming in 33 AD, I don't thing you have reason to claim it's proof of anything but that a video exists which claims such and such. I'm sure if I spent valuable time I could find Youtube videos which support hidden Illuminati lizard people in the Denver International Airport if I wanted. But I don't.

quote:

3. I “keep” giving you “proof” but you won’t examine it (i.e. links to “scientific” facts revealed in the Bible thousands and hundreds of years before modern scientists discovered them, and prophecies which predict historical events with “better-than-laser-precision”, and “accuracy”).

It’s not my fault that you appear to be “afraid” of finding out the truth.

You barf Youtube videos on me I won't watch. An idiot can youtube anti-vaxxer 'proof' or 'proof' that Tupac is alive. The internet is filled with disinformation. Provide me something concrete. Remember the burden of proof is on you for making the large claims.

quote:
Also, I didn’t know that “eyewitness” testimony was not acceptable.

Eyewitness testimony, depending on the circumstance, can be very unreliable. Human memory is susceptible to stress, bias, fatigue, external influences, and even heat. 12 Angry Men does a better job of showcasing how unreliable it is than anything I could say further.

quote:
1. Wrong. The Bible is “not” a human construct.

If you examined the information in my links you would “know” this by now—but it appears that you are “afraid” to do this.

1. The Bible is printed/written by individuals. It did not come into being through supernatural means. If you believe this, you must provide proof for this exceptional claim, as no other books in our world come from anything other than living beings.

If you intend to argue that the Bible is divinely inspired, you could elaborate on why God seems to be suffering a personality change between OT and NT, or why it's okay to have bears eat children, treat women as objects, sell slaves, or why parts of Matthew, Mark and Luke are basically retellings of the same stories with variation.

2. Again, your saturation of biased videos does not sway me. I've done plenty of my own sifting through the garbage over the years. Unless you have Jesus's social security number on photocopy, I'm not interested in apologist shit.

quote:
2. Wrong. “God” divinely, and providentially compiled “His” Word into what we call the Bible.

The link below provides insight into His process.

Click and scroll down https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/canon.cfm

What specifically am I looking for? Excerpts from religious individuals who conclude the books are divinely inspired do not an argument make. I could start pulling out scholarly articles which refute their divine nature. Would the existence of block quotes invalidate your claim?

quote:
Also, here’s the approximate “dates” that the various Books of the Bible were written.

“Not” one gospel was, as you erroneously claim, was written,

“…over a hundred years after Christ apparently lived….”

Click and scroll down to New Testament since you mentioned “gospels”, or scroll down to Old Testament (depending on which Books you want the approximate date for) https://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2...-bible-written/

Well, this source notes that the book of Matthew was likely not written by him at all and dates near the end of the first century. Comparatively, this would be like an adult today writing about Winston Churchill with only collected oral and written stories from a small group of people which have endured the telephone game for a few generations.

Damning proof indeed.

quote:
3. Wrong. Peter, James, John, Matthew, and possibly Jude were five of the original twelve apostles of the Lamb (i.e. Jesus Christ), “and” His disciples.

All “five” were given divine inspiration to pen Scripture—and “personally” knew Jesus in life.

See above. The gospels are named for apostles, but cannot be accurately traced to them. It's particularly concerning that nothing exists even in Jesus' own hand. Can you explain that?

quote:
4. Wrong. Whether I bold, highlight, italicize, or underlined—what you fail to admit is that I have “not” altered, nor changed the “meaning” of any translated word in the Bible in any way.

I know it’s difficult for you to come to terms with the Words of the Lord Jesus regarding a “majority” of people going to Hell, but it’s the “truth”.

"Truth" is either subjective or objective. In order for it to be "objective", the proof must be universal. "Gospels" "say" "so" is not objective. Try again.

Also, ancient tongues in which the Bible was originally composed do not translate perfectly into English. Greek, for example, has multiple meanings and cultural differences in word usage. When you "literally" ascribe meaning to Bible passages which are several times translated, you risk being off because of liberties or errors on behalf of human translators.

It's so simple it's axiomatic.

quote:
5. I don’t “think” that the Bible is the end-all.

I “know” that the Bible is the Word of the living God.

You're confusing knowledge with blind faith and belief. They are not the same. If I have blind faith and belief that I will win the lottery and tomorrow be a rich man, this is not knowledge. If a book my parents pushed on me which told me I should bet on certain numbers because they would win influenced my belief, I couldn't rightly say I knew anything.

And hell, more Youtube videos of preacher types pushing their idiocy. I'll pass, thanks.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 09:31 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Poor Christ child get butt blasted. sad

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 09:48 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Can ANYONE Go To Heaven?

Yes. All one needs do is open ones third eye. That third eye is called a single eye in scriptures.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

The Gnostic Christians say it this way.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.
If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.
But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.
"It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions at hand. That is an irrefutable statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOG...player_embedded

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:18 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Moose

You:

Your assertion is that Jesus was resurrected. Your proof thus far is the Bible. You cannot show me more direct proof for Jesus being resurrected because no such proof exists. But you're welcome to try.

]1. The Bible cannot provide irrefutable scientific evidence, because it does not use scientific method to provide actual theories, and its claims cannot be independently replicated or verified. It is, by definition, a tool of mythos and therefore any 'predictions' it makes about scientific knowledge are luck.

Being right about a conclusion despite a lack of evidence or faulty premises does not make for an irrefutable argument.

2. Youtube links to people claiming things aren't convincing. I will not entertain a multitude of external videos taking up my valuable time simply because you cannot concisely and easily convey your point. Videos themselves do not provide evidence, but present it. Find readable sources. If they exist.

1. Archaeological weight is a misleading term. The walls of Troy were uncovered; this does not mean the Iliad is entirely fact or even mostly fact.

2. I don't think you know what scientific really means. In order for a claim to be scientific, it must withstand the scientific method. Anything else is an untested claim, which may ring true or false, and may be either for entirely different reasons.

If I say that the earth is round because people have round eyes, I am right for the wrong reasons.

3. Thor's goats are mythos; by attacking their credibility you miss the obvious point - that Jesus cannot be substantiated without claims that beg for real evidence. "The Bible says so" is not evidence. "Youtube supports Bible's such and such" is not evidence. Evidence is something tangible that substantiates he even existed, much less that he is of divine parentage.

I ignore your walls of text largely because I don't always want to sift through your verbal diarrhea just to find something to respond to every single time we debate. I can present my arguments simply; why can't you?

Unless the Youtube video shows Jesus facetiming in 33 AD, I don't thing you have reason to claim it's proof of anything but that a video exists which claims such and such. I'm sure if I spent valuable time I could find Youtube videos which support hidden Illuminati lizard people in the Denver International Airport if I wanted. But I don't.

You barf Youtube videos on me I won't watch. An idiot can youtube anti-vaxxer 'proof' or 'proof' that Tupac is alive. The internet is filled with disinformation. Provide me something concrete. Remember the burden of proof is on you for making the large claims.

Eyewitness testimony, depending on the circumstance, can be very unreliable. Human memory is susceptible to stress, bias, fatigue, external influences, and even heat. 12 Angry Men does a better job of showcasing how unreliable it is than anything I could say further.

1. The Bible is printed/written by individuals. It did not come into being through supernatural means. If you believe this, you must provide proof for this exceptional claim, as no other books in our world come from anything other than living beings.

If you intend to argue that the Bible is divinely inspired, you could elaborate on why God seems to be suffering a personality change between OT and NT, or why it's okay to have bears eat children, treat women as objects, sell slaves, or why parts of Matthew, Mark and Luke are basically retellings of the same stories with variation.

2. Again, your saturation of biased videos does not sway me. I've done plenty of my own sifting through the garbage over the years. Unless you have Jesus's social security number on photocopy, I'm not interested in apologist shit.

What specifically am I looking for? Excerpts from religious individuals who conclude the books are divinely inspired do not an argument make. I could start pulling out scholarly articles which refute their divine nature. Would the existence of block quotes invalidate your claim?

Well, this source notes that the book of Matthew was likely not written by him at all and dates near the end of the first century. Comparatively, this would be like an adult today writing about Winston Churchill with only collected oral and written stories from a small group of people which have endured the telephone game for a few generations.

Damning proof indeed.

See above. The gospels are named for apostles, but cannot be accurately traced to them. It's particularly concerning that nothing exists even in Jesus' own hand. Can you explain that?

"Truth" is either subjective or objective. In order for it to be "objective", the proof must be universal. "Gospels" "say" "so" is not objective. Try again.

Also, ancient tongues in which the Bible was originally composed do not translate perfectly into English. Greek, for example, has multiple meanings and cultural differences in word usage. When you "literally" ascribe meaning to Bible passages which are several times translated, you risk being off because of liberties or errors on behalf of human translators.

You're confusing knowledge with blind faith and belief. They are not the same. If I have blind faith and belief that I will win the lottery and tomorrow be a rich man, this is not knowledge. If a book my parents pushed on me which told me I should bet on certain numbers because they would win influenced my belief, I couldn't rightly say I knew anything.

And hell, more Youtube videos of preacher types pushing their idiocy. I'll pass, thanks.

Part 1/7

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
Wrong. That’s “not” my claim, nor has it ever been.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
You both totally IGNORED the most important point that made:

NONE of the NUMEROUS people that I listed (i.e. Budda, Muhammad, Confucius, etc.) EVER ROSE FROM THE DEAD, and/or REMAINED ALIVE--like the Lord Jesus.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

Wrong. I provided “extra-biblical” support (i.e. witnesses, documents, archaeological evidence, etc. ) for my affirmation.

What do you mean by “direct proof”?

Do you mean Jesus Himself?

Tell you what, you give me “direct proof” that has been proven using the “scientific method” that the big bang occurred, that all life came from a primordial soup, and that the hypothesis of evolution (as taught in schools) is “factually” true--and I’ll give you direct proof of Jesus.

How about that?

But the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB) doesn’t count because there’s problems with it:

Click https://www.hindawi.com/journals/physri/2015/503106/

1. Also, there’s the Horizon Problem.

2. Flatness Problem.

3. Monopole Problem.

4. Plus, you cannot prove where the electromagnetic energy from the CMB came from using the scientific method.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
You see, I’ve given you “extra-biblical” evidence, and “scientific” revelations in the Bible that were revealed “thousands” and “hundreds” of years before modern scientists discovered them (101 to be exact)—but you “run” in the other direction so to speak, every time I bring these “irrefutable”, “claim-proving facts” up.

Stealth Moose:

1. The Bible cannot provide irrefutable scientific evidence, because it does not use scientific method to provide actual theories, and its claims cannot be independently replicated or verified. It is, by definition, a tool of mythos and therefore any 'predictions' it makes about scientific knowledge are luck.

JesusLovesYou:
Wrong. Many of the scientific facts (that were “first” revealed by, and in, the Bible) are “still” being practiced, recognized, taught, and/or used “today”.

For example, the Bible revealed the sphericity of Earth “thousands of years” before Pythagoras, and modern astronomers/cosmologists.

Here’s more,

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...hX7vOpbGaY/edit

My claim isn't that the various authors of the Bible understood anything that they wrote about. In fact, my claim presupposes the opposite.

I believe that the writers were being given divine inspiration to write. So as they wrote, they revealed knowledge, perspectives, facts, and truths that only God would know.

Stealth Moose:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:48 AM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 2/7

JesusLovesYou:

Wrong. I have given you evidence, but you refuse to acknowledge it as such.

I think that you are “afraid” to examine my evidence (i.e. facts).

I think that deep down you “know” that if you click on my links, it will explode your entire worldview.

But most importantly, you will have no more “excuses” to keep living the way that you live—because you will be face-to-face with the Truth.

Go ahead, keep running if you want to. You will find out soon enough that I was (and "am") right all along.

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...8H0j8iAJGE/edit

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

A link is as “concise” as I can get—and you “refuse” to click on that.

I don’t think that you really want to know the Truth.

You just want to wallow in self-pity, and blame God for all of your shortcomings, failures, and sins.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
You see, your source for Thor’s goats does not have the “track record” that the Bible has. The Bible has “archaeological” weight, “extra-biblical” credence, scientific “foreknowledge”, and predictive (i.e. prophetic) power.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

Well, I’m not talking about the Iliad, or the writings of Shakespeare, Twain, Hemingway, or Steinbeck either.

I’m talking about the number one bestseller of all time: the holy Bible.

No other Book predicts the future with 100% accuracy.

Click http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible

No other Book speaks of scientific facts thousands and hundreds of years before modern science confirms them.

Click http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

No other Book has changed so many lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major...rgest_religions

It is the number one, best-seller of all time.

Click http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com...of-non-fiction/

Second, this person disagrees with you about the importance of archaeology.

Click http://anthropology.msu.edu/anp203h...logy-important/

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

I do know what scientific means, and I’ve been saying what you said about the scientific method for years.

The hypothesis called the big bang, the hypothesis known as the primordial soup, and the hypothesis referred to as evolution—cannot be proven empirically using the scientific method.

Hence, neither qualifies as scientific.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:49 AM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 3/7

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

I have given you “real” evidence, but you deny it.

Do you understand what an “eyewitness” is?

Plus, I set out to support my claim that the Bible is the Word of God based on prophecy, the knowledge of scientific facts long before modern science confirmed them, and extra-biblical evidence—yet instead of “examining” my evidence you poke fun at them, and find a way to “avoid” dealing with the “Truth”, and the “facts”.

What are you “afraid” of?

Evidence is not "limited" to just something “tangible”.

Evidence can take the form of “sworn testimony”.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
1. My last post to Adam_PoE was not a wall of text. Go back and look for yourself.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

I have presented my evidence and claims simply “numerous” times, but you keep running from the facts.

As a result, I have resorted to lengthier posts in an effort to substantiate my claims further.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
2. YouTube links aren’t proof? Then someone should break the news to Patience_Leech.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

YouTube videos have “testimonies” of people who claim that their lives have changed as a result of encountering the Lord Jesus in a vision, dream, or other experience.

Many of these people were sick, paralyzed, blind, deaf, mute, crippled, addicted to drugs, sex, alcohol and other forms of addiction, demon-possessed, Muslims, Buddhists, Hinduists, dead—and have been “healed” or set free from all of these things.

Many of these people have become ardent followers/believers of the Lord Jesus Christ, and suffered torture and even death for their faith in Christ Jesus.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:

3. I “keep” giving you “proof” but you won’t examine it (i.e. links to “scientific” facts revealed in the Bible thousands and hundreds of years before modern scientists discovered them, and prophecies which predict historical events with “better-than-laser-precision”, and “accuracy”).

It’s not my fault that you appear to be “afraid” of finding out the truth.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

I have given you “non-YouTube links”—and you still run.

You keep telling me to provide you proof, then flee in the other direction when I deliver it.

It’s like the old cliché,

You can bring a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
Also, I didn’t know that “eyewitness” testimony was not acceptable.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

True, but I’m not talking about those that are unreliable. I’m talking about the eyewitness testimonies that “are” reliable—like mine, and many others in the present, and throughout history.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:49 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 4/7

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
1. Wrong. The Bible is “not” a human construct.

If you examined the information in my links you would “know” this by now—but it appears that you are “afraid” to do this.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

How do you “know” that the Bible did not come into being through supernatural means?

Let me guess, you were “there” to witness how it came about right?

What do you think that I’ve been doing all of this time? I’ve been providing link after link that proves that the Bible is given by inspiration of God. If you stopped running from my “facts” you would have known this in my “first” post on this subject.

God is not suffering a personality change. You just don’t understand how God operates.

Here’s my response to Surtur on this same subject:

Click https://docs.google.com/document/d/...Ais72JpOgs/edit
1. why it's okay to have bears eat children,

• It’s not. But God’s judgment can fall on anyone, even “rebellious” youths who insolently, violate the Law of Moses without remorse.

2. treat women as objects,

• It’s not okay to treat women like objects. But cultures and times were different back then than they were today.
But I don’t hear you talking about how corrupt the United States is[/b.]

You want to point your finger at God.

3. sell slaves,

• Things were [b]very different
in Bible times. Slavery in the Bible was nothing like the Atlantic Slave Trade practiced by the fledgling America.

Many times a person would “willingly” become an indentured servant because of the lifetime security that it afforded. At times it was easier to do that than try to survive on your own wits. Sometimes people did what the felt that they had to do.

To each his own.

Did not the U.S. make the Fugitive Slave Act that legalized the arrest and return of runaway black slaves? Did not the U.S. have to make amendments to the U.S. Constitution for women to have the right to vote? Did not the U.S. have to make amendments to the U.S. Constitution for blacks to be emancipated? Did not blacks have to fight for so-called equal, civil rights, and an end to discriminatory Jim Crow Laws—just one generation ago? I mean we’re not talking ancient history.

4. or why parts of Matthew, Mark and Luke are basically retellings of the same stories with variation.

• The four gospels (i.e. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) were like eyewitness accounts. Two were written by actual disciples/apostles of the Lord Jesus (i.e. Matthew and John). Mark and Luke were written by people who knew people who “knew” or “encountered” the Lord Jesus in either a vision, dream, or actual appearance. But the accounts (which were all written at different times) each provide some detail of the life, ministry, words, miracles, teachings, crucifixion, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus with amazing similarity which serves to confirm, substantiate, and reinforce the accuracy of these true events.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

What will sway you?

There’s more evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ than there is for Alexander the great.

Click https://jesusonline.com/discover-ev...s-of-history/2/

In addition, here’s a quote,

“…Professor Sherwin-White is not a theologian; he is a professional historian of times prior to and contemporaneous with Jesus. According to Sherwin-White, the sources for Roman and Greek history are usually biased and removed one or two generations or even centuries from the events they record. Yet, he says, historians reconstruct with confidence the course of Roman and Greek history. For example, the two earliest biographies of Alexander the Great were written by Arrian and Plutarch more than 400 years after Alexander’s death, and yet classical historians still consider them to be trustworthy….”

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-...s#ixzz4mUnClRMC

3. Jesus’s Trial and Crucifixion. According to the gospels Jesus was condemned by the Jewish high court on the charge of blasphemy and then delivered to the Romans for execution for the treasonous act of setting himself up as King of the Jews. [b]Not only are these facts confirmed by independent biblical sources like Paul and the Acts of the Apostles, but they are also confirmed by extra-biblical sources. From Josephus and Tacitus, we learn that Jesus was crucified by Roman authority under the sentence of Pontius Pilate. From Josephus and Mara bar Serapion we learn that the Jewish leaders made a formal accusation against Jesus and participated in events leading up to his crucifixion….”

Read more: http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-...s#ixzz4mUo8xYak

There’s more evidence accessible via the above link (and as part of quote 3), but I don’t recommend, respect, or acknowledge the Babylon Talmud, so I did not include it.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:50 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 5/7

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
2. Wrong. “God” divinely, and providentially compiled “His” Word into what we call the Bible.

The link below provides insight into His process.

Click and scroll down https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/canon.cfm

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

Then do so, but it doesn’t change the fact that the Bible is like no other book in history based on its ability to predict the future with 100% accuracy, reveal scientific facts thousands and hundreds of years before modern science, serve as the premier guide in terms of helping to regulate morality (many of the U.S. Constitutions concepts came right of the Bible—“not” the Quran, not the Vedas—or Bhagavad Gita.

No, your block quotes won’t invalidate any of my claims. It’s going to take “irrefutable facts” to invalidate my claims.

Have at it though, if you think you can.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
Also, here’s the approximate “dates” that the various Books of the Bible were written.

“Not” one gospel was, as you erroneously claim, was written,

“…over a hundred years after Christ apparently lived….”

Click and scroll down to New Testament since you mentioned “gospels”, or scroll down to Old Testament (depending on which Books you want the approximate date for)

https://www.biblegateway.com/blog/2...-bible-written/

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:50 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 6/7

Stealth Moose:

Damning proof indeed.

JesusLovesYou:

Wrong. The Book of Matthew, like the Book of Mark and Luke date approximately 17 to 27 years after the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus.

Again, “not” 100 years after.

Wrong. The Bible was written by 40 separate authors.

There are over 20,000 manuscripts of the New Testament alone.

I quote,

“Interestingly, this manuscript evidence far surpasses the manuscript reliability of other ancient writings that we trust as authentic every day.

Look at these comparisons:

Julius Caesar's The Gallic Wars (10 manuscripts remain, with the earliest one dating to 1,000 years after the original autograph);

Pliny the Younger's Natural History (7 manuscripts; 750 years elapsed);

Thucydides' History (8 manuscripts; 1,300 years elapsed);

Herodotus' History (8 manuscripts; 1,350 years elapsed);

Plato (7 manuscripts; 1,300 years);

and Tacitus' Annals (20 manuscripts; 1,000 years).”

Click http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible-manuscripts.htm

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
3. Wrong. Peter, James, John, Matthew, and possibly Jude were five of the original twelve apostles of the Lamb (i.e. Jesus Christ), “and” His disciples.

All “five” were given divine inspiration to pen Scripture—and “personally” knew Jesus in life.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

The Lord Jesus chose/called twelve men from various socioeconomic backgrounds to be His “personal eyewitnesses”. This was a “strategic” decision on the Lord’s part—because every one of them except Judas (who committed suicide after betraying the Lord), and John, who was perhaps the only disciple to not die as a martyr (only because his persecutors couldn’t kill him)—all died excruciating deaths for the Lord Jesus.

These men, who forsook the Lord Jesus on the night of His arrest for fear of losing their own lives—became bold witnesses after Jesus Christ rose from the dead.

But what you fail to understand is that the Lord Jesus told His disciples,

Matthew 10:19-20
But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what you all shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what you all shall speak. For it is not you that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaks in you.

The “Spirit of your Father” is another Name for the Spirit of Christ. The Holy Spirit, Whom the Lord Jesus imparted to His disciples (and Who spoke through His disciples), is the same Spirit Who gave them the words to speak when they were arrested for their faith in the Lord Jesus. He is also the same Spirit who gave the various writers of the Bible the words to write.

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
4. Wrong. Whether I bold, highlight, italicize, or underlined—what you fail to admit is that I have “not” altered, nor changed the “meaning” of any translated word in the Bible in any way.

I know it’s difficult for you to come to terms with the Words of the Lord Jesus regarding a “majority” of people going to Hell, but it’s the “truth”.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

That wasn’t the “issue” in the above quote that you responded to. You've resorted to a straw man argument.

The original issue was your “false” accusation that I was somehow “changing” the Bible because I used bold format. Your accusations are unfounded, and based on ignorance.

The 39 Books of the Old Testament were written in Hebrew with some parts in Aramaic.

The 27 Books of the New Testament in Greek.

The entire Bible has been translated into 636 languages, the New Testament alone into 1,442 languages. Your claims about “multiple meanings and cultural differences in word usage” is both trivial and negligible.

God has preserved His written Word for “thousands” of years. The King James Bible is a very accurate, literal, word-for-word rendering/translation from the original Hebrew/Aramaic Old Testament, and Greek New Testament.

But like I told you before, “Whether I bold, highlight, italicize, or underlined—what you fail to admit is that I have “not” altered, nor changed the “meaning” of any translated word in the Bible in any way.

I know it’s difficult for you to come to terms with the Words of the Lord Jesus regarding a “majority” of people going to Hell, but it’s the “truth””.

In addition, “a dog returns to his vomit” is axiomatic to.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:51 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Part 7/7

JesusLovesYou:

quote:
5. I don’t “think” that the Bible is the end-all.

I “know” that the Bible is the Word of the living God.

Stealth Moose:

JesusLovesYou:

Your rehashed, unfounded, baseless accusations are just that: rehashed, unfounded, baseless accusations.

I have “not” demonstrated blind faith.

I have cited archaeology, proven prophecies, extra-biblical substantiation, and scientific facts that were revealed in the Bible “thousands” and hundreds of years before modern scientists scratched the surface.

That doesn’t sound like blind faith to me.

The holy Bible was written over a period of 1500 years, by approximately 40 diverse authors from various socioeconomic walks of life, on 3 different continents—yet maintains harmony throughout, and contains many historically verified facts in it.

Click on link http://www.learningscriptures.info/...bible-facts.htm

The Bible contains numerous scientific facts (or facts that are consistent with empirical scientific discovery).

Click on link http://www.eternal-productions.org/101science.html

The Bible is a supernatural work. It is God-breathed. In short, the Bible is the Word of the living God. It has many prophecies (i.e. predictions) that corroborate it’s divine origin.

Click on link http://www.reasons.org/articles/art...ty-of-the-bible

Extra-biblical proof of the Lord Jesus and other Biblical facts:

For "extra-biblical" evidence of the Lord Jesus' existence, click the link and scroll down to:

"Hostile Non-Biblical Pagan Witnesses

There are a number of ancient classical accounts of Jesus from pagan Greek sources.

These accounts are generally hostile to Christianity and try to explain away the miraculous nature of Jesus and the events that surrounded his life. Let’s look at these hostile accounts and see what they tell us about Jesus:"

Click http://coldcasechristianity.com/201...side-the-bible/

The Bible mentions "numerous," "real," historical people such as "Pontius Pilate" (the fifth prefect or "governor" of Judea, a Roman province, from AD 26–36, who sentenced the Lord Jesus to die), Herod Antipas (ruler of Galilee and Perea from 4 B.C. to 39. A.D., who mocked the Lord Jesus, treating Him with contempt, and had His cousin, John the Baptist, beheaded), Tiberias Caesar (Emperor of Rome from 14 AD to 37 AD, a contemporary of the Lord Jesus), this is just to name a few.

List of biblical figures identified in extra-biblical sources

Click https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...iblical_sources

50 People in the Bible Confirmed Archaeologically

Click http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...chaeologically/

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:51 AM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Poor Christ child get butt blasted. sad

Christ child?

I'm a "son" of God.

You can tell your boy Stealth Moose I replied to his post. (Just look up).

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jul 11th, 2017 at 08:02 AM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 07:57 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
Christ child?

I'm a "son" of God.

You can tell your boy Stealth Moose I replied to his post. (Just look up).

No, you are a Christfag.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 08:30 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope, I’m definitely NOT a troll.

As far as non-Christians going to Hell no matter how GOOD they are. I think I should put this in the appropriate thread.

Here’s the thing: not even CHRISTIANS are GOOD enough to go to Heaven.

Let that sink in.

The Bible states that there is NONE righteous. In other words, NO ONE (Christians included) is GOOD enough to go to Heaven. The ONLY One Who was ever good enough to go to Heaven is the Lord Jesus Christ—because He NEVER sinned.

Also, the Bible teaches that people DO NOT go to Heaven based on their good WORKS, because ALL of our BEST EFFORTS (or RIGHTEOUSNESS) are like FILTHY RAGS. We can NEVER do or be enough to go to Heaven. Again, the STANDARD is not you compared to Adolf Hitler, or some serial killer, or some rapist or child molester.

God’s BAR or STANDARD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS is the Lord Jesus Christ (and He NEVER sinned).

Let that sink in.

The Bible says that there is NONE who does good (i.e. NO person other than Christ Jesus who meets His standard of righteousness). So our GOOD DEEDS (i.e. good WORKS) do NOT save us, or grant us entry into Heaven.

The Bible says that through GRACE (God’s UNDERSERVED and UNEARNED favor) are we saved (or fit to enter Heaven), and NOT of ourselves (i.e. NOT our OWN EFFORT, GOOD DEEDS, GOOD WORKS, OR ACTS OF RIGHTEOUSNESS)—it is the GIFT of God.

The authority (or right), and ability to enter Heaven when we die is a GIFT from God, wrapped and packaged as it were in the Person of Jesus Christ. All you have to do is RECEIVE CHRIST into your HEART and LIFE by CONFESSING (i.e. by ACKNOWLEDGING or ADMITTING) that JESU CHRIST IS LORD (i.e. your PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOR WHO RESCUES YOU FROM YOUR SINS SO THAT YOU CAN ENTER HEAVEN).

ALL of the sins of EVERY person who has ever lived, is living right now, or will ever live has ALREADY been PAID FOR through the death by CRUCIFIXION, BURIAL, and RESURRECTION FROM THE DEAD OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

It’s like being on DEATH ROW, and on the DAY OF YOUR SCHEDULED EXECUTION, an INNOCENT MAN (who has MIRACULOUSLY received PERMISSION from the state to DIE FOR YOUR SINS) walks into the prison, TAKES YOUR PLACE on the execution table, receives the lethal injection, DIES on the execution table, and SATIFIES THE STATE’S DEMAND FOR JUSTICE—FOR YOU. Now, you are FREE to leave. Those at the prison in charge of overseeing your out-processing follow all procedures to see to it that you are released as smooth as possible. They return any and all of your belongings that you entered prison with, and any other items that you accumulated while there. They escort you outside, buzz the gate, the gate opens, and you proceed toward a car filled with people who love you. The whole time that you are walking toward them you are TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT JUST HAPPENED, and HOW you escaped THE PUNISHMENT THAT YOU DESERVED. Your family is both overjoyed and just as perplexed as you are about your release.

Well, similarly you were on SPIRITUAL death row, and on your way to Hell when you die. Approximately 2,000 years ago an INNOCENT MAN (Who MIRACULOUSLY received PERMISSION from God the Father to DIE FOR YOUR SINS) walked into the prison of GUILT, CONDEMNATION, and SIN, TOOK YOUR PLACE on the execution CROSS, DIED on the CROSS—and SATIFIED GOD’S DEMAND FOR JUSTICE for EVERY SIN THAT YOU HAVE EVER THOUGHT, SPOKEN, AND COMMITTED (He has done this for the WHOLE WORLD TOO). The innocent Man (The Lord Jesus Christ) died on BEHALF OF THE WHOLE WORLD (including YOU). Now, you (and ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BE SAVED) are FREE to leave the prison of GUILT, CONDEMNATION, and the wages of SIN.

The Lord Jesus has WASHED away YOUR sins. All you have to do is RECEIVE what the Lord Jesus HAS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU. The MOMENT that you tell the Lord Jesus that you want to receive what He has already done for you, He will come and LIVE INSIDE OF YOUR HEART. You will KNOW that you are FORGIVEN for ALL of your sins. You will KNOW that ALL of your sins are WASHED AWAY—FOREVER, and will NEVER be remembered against you ever again. You will KNOW that the Lord Jesus is your Savior who has credited you with HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS so that you can enter Heaven as a RIGHTEOUS PERSON. It’s NOT your BEST EFFORTS. It is TRUSTING CHRIST’S RIGHTEOUSNESS which is given FREELY to you, thus making you a child of God forever.

So, how do YOU (OR ANYONE ELSE READING THESE WORDS RIGHT NOW) receive Jesus so YOU can be forgiven for all of YOUR sins, made righteous in God's eyes (or good enough to go to Heaven), and receive everlasting life?

Romans 10:9-10,13
that IF YOU CONFESS WITH YOUR MOUTH THE LORD JESUS AND BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART THAT GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, YOU WILL BE SAVED. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Romans 10:13
FOR "WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED."

1. God says you must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that He (God) has raised Him (Jesus Christ) from the dead, and you will be saved. You will be forgiven for all your sins, and declared righteous to go to Heaven.

2. WHOEVER (this INCLUDES ANYONE ELSE READING THESE WORDS RIGHT NOW, YES YOU!) calls on the Name of Lord Jesus Christ for salvation shall be saved. Whoever sincerely believes in, depends on, and trusts in Jesus Christ with all their heart will be saved. Ask Jesus Christ to save you from your sins, to declare you to be righteous, and to give you everlasting life. Thank Jesus for forgiving you for all of your sins, for declaring you to be righteous, for making you good enough to go to Heaven, and for dying to pay for your sins.

Say this prayer from your heart (YES, YOU READING THESE WORDS):

Lord Jesus, I confess that You are Lord, and I believe with all of my heart that God raised You from the dead. I call upon Your Name for salvation. Also Lord Jesus, I repent (i.e. I TURN AWAY) from all of my sins. Thank You for saving me and giving me everlasting life now.

How do you know Jesus never sinned?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2017 08:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by Surtur

Well, if nothing else, he definitely knows how to use bold and caps. His posts remind me of those ransom letters made out of different cutouts.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 06:49 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

He can't be a troll, because such pagan creatures don't exist in the book of The Señor!

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 06:56 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Surtur

I believe that Jesus never sinned for the following reasons:

1) The Bible says so.

2) If Jesus had sinned, His death on behalf of sinners would not have been accepted by God because He would be in need of a Savior Himself. His Blood would have been sinful. He would be in the same situation as Adam, and the rest of sinful humanity.

This is not a perfect illustration, but make an effort to get my point.

It's kind of like a group of people drowning in a whirlpool. You come by in your boat, hurl a life preserver out to the first person you see (being careful to avoid entering the whirlpool), but somehow in the process of saving this person you fall into the water. Now you need someone to rescue you.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 01:48 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

1) The Bible says so.
Might as well stop there mate. sad

Old Post Jul 12th, 2017 03:20 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe that Jesus never sinned for the following reasons:

1) The Bible says so.

The bible also doesn't exactly cover his entire life though.

quote:
2) If Jesus had sinned, His death on behalf of sinners would not have been accepted by God because He would be in need of a Savior Himself. His Blood would have been sinful. He would be in the same situation as Adam, and the rest of sinful humanity.

Interesting, what do you feel would have happened to humanity if Jesus had not died for us or if he did die but his blood wasn't good enough?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 01:25 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

quote:
JESUSLOVESUBRUH:

- Huge blocks of text, poorly spaced and formatted, with clumsy quoting method used. Makes rebutting a ridiculous chore.

- A complete misunderstanding of how science works.

- Ignores that 'the Bible said so, and thus I believe it' is not an example of an argument nor knowledge.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 04:53 AM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm curious why he used different colored fonts for different things and what that represents.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2017 05:10 PM