KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Can ANYONE Go To Heaven?

Can ANYONE Go To Heaven?
Started by: JesusLovesYou

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by socool8520
Except their is Hell so at some point there is no forgiveness. Also, God did wipe out the world once if the Bible is to be believed so even God would have his limits. I've always found that to be highly contradictory.

I know many Christians believe in hell but not the intelligent and moral ones, few as they might be.

So says my favorite Bishop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2017 06:12 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Judgement would be pointless as God would always judge us all to be innocent because we would always be doing what we do thanks to those who interacted with us beforehand and set our morals or lack of morals.

Perhaps that is what Jesus meant with his ---judge not.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If Jesus was speaking of the spirit world, judge not applies.

If Jesus was speaking of the real world, then he is a fool as we must judge to weed out those who would do harm to us.

Regards
DL
hypothetical scenario: what if the reason Hitler turned genocidal turned out to be that nobody liked his oil paintings? who does god punish then, Hitler or the people who wouldn't buy his paintings?

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 05:09 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Surtur
I dunno, I figure someone could be an unforgiving d-bag without being worthy of hell.

Yeah but violent and unforgiving? That's a no-no
lol... if Hitler gets to go to heaven then I'm pretty sure the guy that punches him in the face in heaven is in the clear as well.

This is the problem with this line of thinking to me. It renders morality utterly meaningless imo.

Last edited by Afro Cheese on Aug 3rd, 2017 at 05:17 AM

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 05:15 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
hypothetical scenario: what if the reason Hitler turned genocidal turned out to be that nobody liked his oil paintings? who does god punish then, Hitler or the people who wouldn't buy his paintings?

No one would get punished as in this case, the blame would have to be shared with those who contributed to Hitler being such a poor loser and having a character who could not take rejection.

We, at all points in time, all contribute to how we all end up.

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 08:44 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

lol... if Hitler gets to go to heaven then I'm pretty sure the guy that punches him in the face in heaven is in the clear as well.

This is the problem with this line of thinking to me. It renders morality utterly meaningless imo.

Not really. It just shows that we all contribute to each others moral sense and actions.

Again, you have to separate the standards here where we can kill each other with the standards of heaven where we cannot.

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2017 08:48 PM
Afro Cheese

No one would get punished as in this case, the blame would have to be shared with those who contributed to Hitler being such a poor loser and having a character who could not take rejection.

We, at all points in time, all contribute to how we all end up.

Regards
DL
maybe nobody made him a sore loser. maybe he was just a crazy person who devolved into madness once his dream was crushed.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 05:17 AM
Afro Cheese

Not really. It just shows that we all contribute to each others moral sense and actions.

Again, you have to separate the standards here where we can kill each other with the standards of heaven where we cannot.

Regards
DL
so what if someone in heaven breaks the rules?

Old Post Aug 4th, 2017 05:17 AM
Greatest I am

maybe nobody made him a sore loser. maybe he was just a crazy person who devolved into madness once his dream was crushed.

If crazy, he does not pass mens rea, an evil mind or intent standard, and a just court would find him not guilty due to insanity.

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:03 PM
Greatest I am

Would a supernatural heaven have rules?

Sin has a victim. How can a soul victimize another soul in a non-physical supernatural heaven?

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:06 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

I was under the impression that if you pass the Heaven test, you are above rule breaking at that point and also, since heaven is supposed to be a place of paradise, love, and comfort, you wouldn't want to.

Unless of course you're Lucifer. He's not down with the hugs and kisses.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 04:19 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Emperordmb
My stance is that when everyone dies they get a knowledge of how they've lived their lives that proportionately punishes them for their sins and equips them to move past their remaining flaws, and once the person chooses to take personal responsibility for who they are and progress individually they get into heaven.

Basically everyone gets into heaven IMO, but if you're an evil prick in your ligthats gonna come back to bite you in the ass and you'll have to take personal responsibility for who you are before you get in.

Why is there no religion with this kind of philosophy?

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 05:55 PM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Isn't reincarnation like this. Keep trying until you become a good person. If you are a POS, it'll take you awhile.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 06:36 PM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn... Man hasn't seen such a controversial thread for time.

As for the question itself, I'm gonna say no and just leave it at that without participating in this discussion with walls of text.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 10:08 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

I was under the impression that if you pass the Heaven test, you are above rule breaking at that point and also, since heaven is supposed to be a place of paradise, love, and comfort, you wouldn't want to.

Unless of course you're Lucifer. He's not down with the hugs and kisses.

If Lucifer and a full third of the heavenly host rebelled against God, what makes you think some humans would not?

Do you think we will all like the tyranny of god in heaven?

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 03:59 PM
Greatest I am

^ Isn't reincarnation like this. Keep trying until you become a good person. If you are a POS, it'll take you awhile.

Reincarnation is a supernatural belief.

Are you comfortable believing in what intelligent people think is a fantasy world?

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 04:02 PM
Greatest I am

Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Damn... Man hasn't seen such a controversial thread for time.

As for the question itself, I'm gonna say no and just leave it at that without participating in this discussion with walls of text.

Before you cop out, why not tell us why you said no?

Regards
DL

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 04:04 PM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Reincarnation is a supernatural belief.

Are you comfortable believing in what intelligent people think is a fantasy world?

Regards
DL

Lol. My stance is that it is all a supernatural belief. I put as much stock in it as I do any other religion, which is to say none.

Many intelligent people believe there is no God at all.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 07:11 PM
Greatest I am

Lol. My stance is that it is all a supernatural belief. I put as much stock in it as I do any other religion, which is to say none.

Many intelligent people believe there is no God at all.

Indeed. Most.

Regards
DL

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 05:23 PM