KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Hajime no Ippo

Hajime no Ippo
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I want to see Takamura spar Ricardo Martinez now.

If Sendou can tag him..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 02:11 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm

If Sendou can tag him..
Takamura lost to David Eagle in my opinion, so I'd reckon Ricardo Martinez is better contrary to the author's claims otherwise. laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 08:45 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

In other news, just read the latest chapter. For the first time in a long time, I am seriously considering dropping this manga. I am convinced the author has nothing but hatred and contempt towards the title character. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 08:46 PM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I'm fine with the manga right now. It just feels worse cause it is a wait for chapters instead of the massive back catalogue.

If Sendou can tag him..

We don't really know enough about Martinez frankly. Date is the closet person to give him a "challenge" but even he basically failed to make the world champ break a sweat.

Takamura has Word of God on his side and the advantage of a higher weight class so there is that.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 11:08 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Originally posted by AuraAngel
I'm fine with the manga right now. It just feels worse cause it is a wait for chapters instead of the massive back catalogue.

We don't really know enough about Martinez frankly. Date is the closet person to give him a "challenge" but even he basically failed to make the world champ break a sweat.

Takamura has Word of God on his side and the advantage of a higher weight class so there is that.
Takamura cheated to beat David Eagle and would've lost by TKO had the ref been doing his job. wink

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 11:15 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

That is probably true but the ref is Japanese so it could have been an inside job~

I wish more fights took place outside of Japan.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 11:21 PM
AuraAngel is currently offline Click here to Send AuraAngel a Private Message Find more posts by AuraAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

That is probably true but the ref is Japanese so it could have been an inside job~

I wish more fights took place outside of Japan.
It's totally unrealistic for a world champion to do multiple world title fights in Japan. That would never happen in real life. They would've dragged Takamura to Las Vegas or there would have been no fight. The only reason Mori does it is because it makes it easier Ippo, Itagaki, Miyata, Sendo or Mashiba simultaneously being on Takamura's undercard, thereby allowing him to do multiple fights in the same arc.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 11:27 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Pros need to cheat. The brats soft. Look at that awesome cheating."

mad

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 03:11 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Haha, no I get that wasn't even about "Hammer Nao", but about Ippo's soft spot.

Was kind of a sad reunion.. I also thought Coach Kamogawa was unusually focused on keeping them from having a proper catching up. His excuse that winners have nothing to say to losers rings hollow, given all the times Sendou or Date or Vorg or Speed Star visited Ippo after a match. Wonder if he was hurt more by losing a student then he let on, and nursed a bit of a grudge..

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:22 PM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

Kamogawa does have a sore spot about stuff like that. It's not apparent yet but he is still very mad about Miyata and his dad leaving.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2017 10:37 PM
vansonbee
Isee

So you guys caught up w/ the manga? I'm disappointed that the author didn't go down the route where Ippo kills the current opponent by accident and drags out the manga more more story lines.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 07:16 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AuraAngel
Hegemon

I don't think Ippo would continue boxing if he actually killed someone lol.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 08:06 AM
Bentley
Seitei

I don't think Ippo would continue boxing if he actually killed someone lol.

What if he killed someone in his boat instead of in the ring? Would he stop boxing?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 08:37 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably, knowing Ippo even at chapter 300+. laughing out loud

If Ippo hasn't had a freak out over a near death experience yet, but does it later, then that's likely one case of Kenichi inspiring the manga that inspired it..

Old Post Oct 20th, 2017 12:47 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

So am I right to call Itagaki "Mini-Miyata" and Imai Kyousuke "Mini-Ippo"?

Although Itagaki seems the more inferior copy. Ippo beat him a lot easier then Kyousuke in spar, that's for sure.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:06 AM
AuraAngel
Hegemon

That comparison isn’t too bad but don’t get too confident in calling Itagaki and inferior Miyata. He has some showings later that are frankly ridiculous lol.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2017 01:50 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like how he flipped off the audience and said "kiss my ass" at Takamura's first world title win.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 04:18 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Up to the man of the sea. So Ippo ends another boxing career.

Is he in competition with Mashiba or something? smile

I saw the Rising version not long ago, and there was a lot left out. Almost no real build up, some scenes completely cut, and a lot of the tension and drama didn't make it in. Basically, he was an unmemorable "monster of the week" in the show, compared to the Eagle fight, the flashback to world war II, and that one fighter who's like a more sadistic Mashiba that talks about fights like they're steaks.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2017 06:19 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speaking of hard feelings, like Miyata leaving the gym, I wonder if Kamogawa kind of blames Ippo for driving him off, and considers him an inferior consolation prize.

He IS pretty hard on Ippo. Couldn't even stop calling him "Brat" when he won the national title. And then he crushed his confidence by claiming Miyata blew past him.

I doubt they'll ever "go there", but if Miyata is considered > Ippo, it's not much of a leap of logic.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:00 PM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

Speaking of hard feelings, like Miyata leaving the gym, I wonder if Kamogawa kind of blames Ippo for driving him off, and considers him an inferior consolation prize.

He IS pretty hard on Ippo. Couldn't even stop calling him "Brat" when he won the national title. And then he crushed his confidence by claiming Miyata blew past him.

I doubt they'll ever "go there", but if Miyata is considered > Ippo, it's not much of a leap of logic.
No way. Miyata actually uses his head whereas Kamogawa wants fighters who win after getting their brains bashed in (which is why he seems like Ippo more than Takamura).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2017 11:42 PM