KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » David... Brings Death to Marvel!!!

David... Brings Death to Marvel!!!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

He arrived in their ship, so presumably broadcast a signal. 'Hey guys, I've got tons of hentai here!!!'

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Talon Fang
How did David get the entire race of Engineers to stand in just one spot like that?
They noted an Engineer vessel was inbound, and the entire populace rushed to meet it near the city's landing platform(obviously thinking it was the Engineers themselves; not David) -- this appeared to be some sort of ritual of theirs. Once they were all crowded in, David released his payload of Black Goo.

However, I am still of the opinion that was NOT the true Engineer homeworld, but rather, one of the thousands/millions of planets the Engineers have seeded with life over the millennia. The civilization/culture looked much too archaic to have spawned Engineer-level technology, imo. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 7th, 2017 at 11:02 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 10:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Talon Fang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh...So it was Lazy Plot Convenience then....

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 11:51 PM
Talon Fang is currently offline Click here to Send Talon Fang a Private Message Find more posts by Talon Fang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Pretty much.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 12:25 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Magnon
Man-Thing
Warlock (technarch) / Ultron / Vision / Danger / etc.
Iron Man / Dr. Doom / etc.
Wolverine / Sabretooth / etc.
Mr. Sinister
Mr. Immortal
Shadow King / X-Ray / Photon / etc.
Dust / Rockslide / Mercury / Emma Frost (diamond form) / etc.
Elixir / Wither / etc.

Too many to list them all.

Don't think Man Thing, Ironman, Doom, Mercury or Emma Frost would survive this. I'm sure the black mass would probably live within her diamond form until she turns human and once that happens, it is a done deal. Same with Ironman. As soon as that suit is off, it's over. The others would probably get overwhelmed by the aliens and either ate or outright destroyed. No way they survive a planet full of aliens and looking at the clips, more than one was jumping into people mouth which probably means 5 or 6 (probably more) was hatching out of one human. I know that was an ongoing sentence but I'm driving and didn't have enough time for a period, comma, etc...

stick out tongue

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 12:31 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

By the way, that girl that was in the dome healing her wounds with some type of ointment was dumb as hell. Why would she wonder off by herself? She deserved to get chewed up (even though i felt bad for her).

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 12:35 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Covenant was chalk full of dumb decisions and glaring inconsistencies. I'm usually quite forgiving to the Alien franchise(because it's great), but damn, RS made this film really hard to enjoy...on any level.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 12:47 AM
carver9

Got a question...after David finished fighting his other half and we see him pop back up at the end when they was running for the space ship, did anyone else besides me know that wasn't the Android that showed up with the crew. Was I the only who knew she was carrying David back to the mother ship with the rest of the crew?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 01:26 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I thought it was pretty obvious that it was David. Typically if the villain and hero are fighting...and we don't *see* the villain die...it means he is still alive.

...Not to mention that Ridley Scott isn't just going to waste such a fantastic antagonist before he completes this leg/installment of the Alien franchise. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 01:49 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Covenant was so shit, pissed me off how they wrote off the Engineers like that.
There are still Engineers out there bro, calm thyself.

I'm surprised about how many characters you like that I like as well, Galan. Though in this time there's not a lot more to like about Covenant, lol.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Jul 8th, 2017 at 01:59 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 01:54 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Galan007
I thought it was pretty obvious that it was David. Typically if the villain and hero are fighting...and we don't *see* the villain die...it means he is still alive.

...Not to mention that Ridley Scott isn't just going to waste such a fantastic antagonist before he completes this leg/installment of the Alien franchise. thumb up

I was surprised she didn't even think about it being him. She knew they were fighting, why wouldn't she take the safe route and contain him until she knew for sure who she was flying with. That was retarded.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:13 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by carver9
That was retarded.
= Alien Covenant.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 02:46 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd expect everyone tangible and their outer layer of skin composed of cells to die, unless they're capable of erecting magical or telekinetic shields.

I don't see Wolverine surviving it because he relies on his X-gene for his healing factor, and his X-gene is part of his DNA which would be rewritten by the goo.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 07:54 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
I don't see Wolverine surviving it because he relies on his X-gene for his healing factor, and his X-gene is part of his DNA which would be rewritten by the goo.
Great point, actually. thumb up

Doesn't Deadpool's HF work much the same way..?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 04:54 PM
carver9

Thought Deadpool got his healing factor from Wolverine and if that is the case then yeah.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 05:19 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed.

For anyone unfamiliar, this is what happens at a molecular level upon exposure to the Black Goo:
(please log in to view the image)

Literally unmakes your entire being... And IF your DNA is rewritten via external variables, it is significantly altered as a result.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 05:39 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 05:29 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Agreed.

For anyone unfamiliar, this is what happens at a molecular level upon exposure to the Black Goo:
(please log in to view the image)

Literally unmakes your entire being... And IF your DNA is rewritten via external variables, it is significantly altered as a result.
what about blue marvel? Isn't he made out of anti matter? What would happen then?

Also, are the people on Earth allowed to try to destroy the goo?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 11:00 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not sure. He'd either detonate due to the interaction of matter/anti-matter, OR it would mutate his DNA just the same, OR he'd shrug it off. /shrug

They cannot destroy the Goo because they wouldn't have the chance. All they can do is use personal shields and such to protect themselves.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 11:05 PM
carver9

Don't see how they can battle the goo, es0ecially considering how fast the attack happened

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 11:50 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Not sure. He'd either detonate due to the interaction of matter/anti-matter, OR it would mutate his DNA just the same, OR he'd shrug it off. /shrug

They cannot destroy the Goo because they wouldn't have the chance. All they can do is use personal shields and such to protect themselves.
how long do they have to survive the goo then?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 11:59 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote