KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » David... Brings Death to Marvel!!!

David... Brings Death to Marvel!!!
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Comic Continuity... I don't remember that, but then I've not read every issue of WWH, He obviously overcame it though was that on Sakaar?

No, it wasn't on Sakaar.

Saint is talking about the Gamma Corps mini. The special squad under Ryker's command.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 02:27 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 02:44 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

X-man or a sufficiently powerful TK could purge it, like he did.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 02:54 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They'd have to keep purging it, though. As mentioned, the Pathogen isn't a one-time 'bug' that just stops after a while -- it keeps attacking/evolving/spreading endlessly.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 03:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Isn't that what Cable does constantly? With the TO virus?

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 03:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

@Galan and Stiltman, I'll have a look at that mini. Looks good.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 03:18 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Galan007
They'd have to keep purging it, though. As mentioned, the Pathogen isn't a one-time 'bug' that just stops after a while -- it keeps attacking/evolving/spreading endlessly.

Yes.

Nate neutralized something that merged with all life forms on earth though. It's pretty insane and specific. It might do the trick.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:00 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Isn't that what Cable does constantly? With the TO virus?
It is.

But as seen in X-Sanction(among a few other stories), the TO virus takes a considerable amount of time to fully infect Cable, even when he's not using TK to keep it at bay. A big dose of the Pathogen, however, can fully destroy the host at the molecular level, nigh-instantly.

But even if Cable's TK were able to purge the Pathogen, he(like everyone else who might be able to initially purge it) would still be under that sort of continuous molecular bombardment from the ever-evolving Pathogen, endlessly. Additionally, Cable would also be simultaneously fighting against hordes of those who were infected/mutated by the Pathogen on Marvel earth... And if Cable is forced to use his TK to defend himself from these creatures(which is very likely), it could sharply weaken any resistance he may have to the Pathogen:
https://i.imgur.com/Ju4Jjhp.jpg

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:02 PM
krisblaze

Tbh the TO virus is a something in favor of David's virus killing Marvel Earth.

****ing pathetic that they haven't been able to cure it yet lmao.

Apocalypse purged that shit in 20 seconds.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 04:12 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

What stops Franklin from erasing it?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 05:52 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm sure he could. But obviously the intent of this thread wasn't to have a universal reality manipulator *poof* the Pathogen out of existence, ftw. It's more about who would be able to survive if the entire planet was engulfed in this shit.

...Not to mention that when I first made this thread, Franklin hadn't been seen or heard from since the finale of Secret Wars -- so I didn't really plan on him being here regardless. /shrug

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:22 PM
darthgoober

Now that I think about it, there's a fair chance Marvel Earth would survive. I recognize that the goo's designed to evolve past normal human science, but then again we're talking about an Earth that's populated by guys like Reed and Doom... it's already well beyond what we(or the movie) consider human science. Marvel's top minds would likely put the Engineers and David to shame. Even their second and third tier brainiacs likely would. Have they really accomplished anything that we can't picture people someone like Mr Sinister accomplishing if he were the only super powered being on the planet? That's not to say a mass bombardment wouldn't sow chaos and confusion all over the planet because it totally would. The Earth would undoubtedly lose a large portion of it's population but between the brain's, mystics, and matter manipulators(who could simply turn the black goo to water) I think logically they'd most likely pull through in the end. Hell if nothing else, someone would go back in time and stop David from succeeding in his attack.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Putinbot1
@Galan and Stiltman, I'll have a look at that mini. Looks good.

thumb up

Of course, Hulk regenerated and destroyed them... but the Corps still did better than most heroes in that event.

Btw, fun fact: the third issue actually reveals that Logan did cut the Hulk in their original encounter.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 07:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by darthgoober
I recognize that the goo's designed to evolve past normal human science
Just want to point out that the Pathogen was created by the Engineers, whose technology/knowledge is vastly beyond normal human science.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:09 PM
darthgoober

Maybe the science of it's universes Earth, but Marvel Earth is a whole different story. A significant number of the "brains" in Marvel have technology/knowledge that's vastly beyond the their human science too.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 08:26 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

I think Sersi and possibly some other Eternals could survive

Then you have those with extremely high HFs who could potentially survive it (Wolverine, Hulk, etc)

Iceman, Sentry, Ghost Rider, Spectrum, Vision, Kitty Pride are some others I think would have a good chance of resisting or surving the goo.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 09:52 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Galan007
I'm sure he could. But obviously the intent of this thread wasn't to have a universal reality manipulator *poof* the Pathogen out of existence, ftw. It's more about who would be able to survive if the entire planet was engulfed in this shit.

...Not to mention that when I first made this thread, Franklin hadn't been seen or heard from since the finale of Secret Wars -- so I didn't really plan on him being here regardless. /shrug
Ok. In that case, people like Hulk, Wolvie, Sentry, Ethereal beings and etc should be able to survive the first attack. They could also probably kill all of the resulting Protomorphs/Xenomorphs/Mutants but the earth's population would be ****ed beyond repair.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2018 11:40 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Galan007. The only living Alien: Covenant fan.

alien

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:00 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Ehhh I liked it when I saw it the first time OW. But repeating views do the film no good

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:06 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I haven't seen it yet. I didn't give a shit about Prometheus, either.

Those gifs Galan posted are pretty sexy, though... so I might give those movies a chance. Fassbender delivered a good performance?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2018 12:10 AM