KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Recent Video Game Purchases

Recent Video Game Purchases
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Game Pickups

Basically, just talk about games you picked up, doesn't have to be current-gen, or next-gen, you can talk about a pick-up of NES games you picked up at a yard sale, just as well as PS3, NDS, Wii U, etc. Games that you picked up at Gamestop or another store also count.

I'll start off:

I don't have them yet, but I'm going to pick up a few PS3 games:

Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning, Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat (Had bad reviews, but it looks super fun), Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3: Full Burst, Dragon Age: Inquisition (Maybe I should wait till I have a PS4 for this one? I dunno), Brutal Legend, OverLord, and TES IV: Oblivion.

Also gonna be buying a New Nintendo 3DS XL to experience Ocarina of Time on it, as well as other old classic's I never got to play.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 08:29 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

You should wait on Inquisition and Naruto. A pack with the 3 (or 4 if you buy the special edition) Ninja Storm titles is coming out soon in ps4.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 02:56 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

You misunderstand, I don't have a PS4. lol

I mentioned Inquisition because it seems a primarily PS4 game.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 03:52 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Well, you said 'maybe I should wait til I have a ps4' so I assumed to were planning to get one in the near future. My bad.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 04:30 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jmanghan
You misunderstand, I don't have a PS4. lol

I mentioned Inquisition because it seems a primarily PS4 game.

I played through Dragon Age: Origins to 100% completion. One of the best games I've ever played, period.

I played through Dragon Age II to around, if not, 100% completion. Loved it too.

I downloaded Inquisition on the PS3, and it's almost unplayable. It looked like a crisper version of Superman 64. I've heard of it having so many issues from reviews online AFTER I downloaded, installed, and started playing it.

For sure wait on Inquisition if and when you get a PS4. Even if you never do get a 4, at least you won't get your hopes up to finish an acclaimed RPG trilogy only to be let down that the game is nigh-unplayable.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2017 06:26 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I picked up Drakengard for the PS2 recently, along with Deadliest Warrior: Ancient Combat for the PS3.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2017 03:53 AM
Jmanghan

Bought the Ultimate Collector's Edition of Dissidia NT, disappointing isn't even the word, it doesn't have the fun factor of the originals, which are years and years old in comparison. Next-gen experiences should be just that, next-gen, instead, this cutting-edge PS4 fighting game is being outshined by a PSP Fighting game from 2008-2011. If anything, I don't regret getting it, because of the fact it has the Warriorv

Today, I picked up the Nintendo Switch (Red/Blue), TLoZ:BoTW (for the switch), Super Mario Odyssey, Kingdom Come Deliverance (PS4), and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:10 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I bought Diablo 3 Eternal Collection for the PS4 a few days ago. Necro is a lot of fun. Game as a whole is really good on consoles.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Not a physical copy but I'm going to be picking up the Xbox Game Pass. I played Sea of Thieves with friends last weekend and it was a fun experience....If you pick up the pass, you can play Sea of Thieves without pay full price.

And after that, probably play Rise of the Tomb Raider because its part of the pass as well.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:49 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BackFire
I bought Diablo 3 Eternal Collection for the PS4 a few days ago. Necro is a lot of fun. Game as a whole is really good on consoles.
It got boring for me very quickly after there was no more story, personally.

But thats just me, after all.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:49 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Smasandian
Not a physical copy but I'm going to be picking up the Xbox Game Pass. I played Sea of Thieves with friends last weekend and it was a fun experience....If you pick up the pass, you can play Sea of Thieves without pay full price.

And after that, probably play Rise of the Tomb Raider because its part of the pass as well.

That gamepass is such a great deal. Wish they had something like that on PS4.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
It got boring for me very quickly after there was no more story, personally.

But thats just me, after all.

Yeah you have to get into the loot grind. Not for everyone. Usually, once the story is over I can only play it for maybe 15-20 minutes at a time.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:53 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by BackFire
That gamepass is such a great deal. Wish they had something like that on PS4.

Yeah you have to get into the loot grind. Not for everyone. Usually, once the story is over I can only play it for maybe 15-20 minutes at a time.

It is.

Especially if you haven't played the majority of the games. If I was a gamer and was planning on getting an Xbox, I would get the pass and play all the MS titles.

Unfortunately, I already played most of those games so the pass is less value for me. However, in the next 8 months, MS will release Sea Of Thieves, State of Decay 2 and Crackdown 3 on launch day...it's almost a no brainer if they turn out well.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:57 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Yeah I might grab it for a month to play Sea of Thieves.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 09:03 PM
Jmanghan

Got Skyrim & DOOM for the switch.

Also ordered Bayonetta 1 & 2 for it.

All are physical copies, hoping i don't gotta go outta my way to buy a micro sd card.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 10:29 PM
Jmanghan

I bought a micro-sd card.

I recently bought pretty much every console from the PS2 and up.

I'm only missing the 360 and the Dreamcast.

I even have the handhelds from those eras, recently picked up a PSP and already have over 20 games for it. Getting really into game collecting.

As for smaller pickups, I bought Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PS3, Tearaway for PS Vita, Super Bomberman R for Nintendo Switch, those are the main ones because if I was to last how many games I bought in the last 2 months it'd take a lot of time.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2018 06:23 PM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Hopefully getting Dark Souls on my switch within the next couple days. Might also download Extella for it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 12:12 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CroftAlice

Quantum break.I had the download code for a year,but never used it until few days ago

Good game so far

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 02:54 AM
CroftAlice is currently offline Click here to Send CroftAlice a Private Message Find more posts by CroftAlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Can’t wait for Warframe on the Switch.

It’s coming out November 20th, 2018.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2018 03:22 AM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by denisbill
Basically, just talk about games you picked up, doesn't have to be current-gen, or next-gen, you can talk about a pick-up of NES games you picked up at a yard sale, just as well as PS3, NDS, Wii U, etc. Games that you picked up at Gamestop or another store also count. Canon printer error b200
what.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 07:36 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Could be a bot.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2018 07:50 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote