KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Recent Video Game Purchases

Recent Video Game Purchases
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Is a bot.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2018 04:10 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Got a big craving for some retro games so I'm picking up a bunch of games for both my PSP, and a few games for my Switch.

So far on my PSP next month looking to get:

Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Mega Man Powered Up
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (remixed is cool but reloaded is the clear better collection)

For my switch, only 1 physical and 1 digital:
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package
Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Can't wait.

Thought about getting Mario Maker 2 but I can't imagine I'd play it that often and I don't feel like shelling out tons of money for a single game these days, the build-up for getting first-party switch games and third-party is overwhelming on top of balancing other games for other systems that I want AND worrying about important stuff not related to leisure time. June can't come quick enough.

Last edited by Jmanghan on May 29th, 2019 at 05:00 AM

Old Post May 29th, 2019 04:55 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Got a big craving for some retro games so I'm picking up a bunch of games for both my PSP, and a few games for my Switch.

So far on my PSP next month looking to get:

Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles
Mega Man Powered Up
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded (remixed is cool but reloaded is the clear better collection)

For my switch, only 1 physical and 1 digital:
Saints Row The Third: The Full Package
Castlevania Anniversary Collection

Can't wait.

Thought about getting Mario Maker 2 but I can't imagine I'd play it that often and I don't feel like shelling out tons of money for a single game these days, the build-up for getting first-party switch games and third-party is overwhelming on top of balancing other games for other systems that I want AND worrying about important stuff not related to leisure time. June can't come quick enough.

Only picked up the PSP titles mentioned, but next month I wanna pick up Astral Chain, Witcher 3 on switch, saints row the third on switch.

Can't remember the last physical game i bought.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:50 AM
cdtm

Picked up the Atgames Legends 2018 collection.

A steal at the 20 dollar clearance. I think the Genesis style Dpad is better suited for these types of games then the Sony or MS style Dpads. People complain it's a little loose, but you really need that give to spare your fingers, and it isn't imprecise.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 04:44 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I just bought Dragon Quest XI: Definitive Edition and Fire Emblem: Three Houses on Switch.

Bought Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics for PSP. (Said to be one of the most accurate D&D games, and well-reviewed, so I'd pick it up if you're a D&D fan)

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon, and Chrono Trigger for DS.

Then finally Fire Emblem on GBA (A.K.A. Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade).

Yeah I'm trying to get super into the Fire Emblem series as well as Dragon Quest, in fact I just beat DQ1, thought it was pretty good but was disappointed with how short it was, but given the time it's from, I can forgive it.

Last edited by Jmanghan on Feb 14th, 2020 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2020 06:35 AM
Jmanghan

I picked Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2 for GBA, got me a nearly full westernized Fire Emblem collection now that I have Sacred Stones, Echoes, and Fates: Birthright.

I'm only missing Fates: Revelations, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn. The latter two are ungodly expensive so I may have to skip those.

I may take a pic of my Fire Emblem games collection eventually to show ya'll.

Also just wanna say if you enjoy FF: Tactics, Tactics Ogre, or even Disgaea, you'll love the FE series.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 12:19 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Picked up Hollow Knight for PS4 on an impulse.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 01:57 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Probably the way to get it, pc version doesn't seem too well optimized.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2020 02:45 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

I just learned the second part won't be on PS at launch. Phuck's sake.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2020 09:35 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Been buying TONS of PSP games, but I'll just bring up my most recent purchases.

Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade
Untold Legends: Warrior's Code
Kingdom of Paradise
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Samurai Shodown Anthology (Comes with every 2D Samurai Shodown game except for 5-Special)

I take great pride in my PSP collection, it, my Switch Collection, and my PS3 collection are near the 70-game range.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2020 04:33 AM
Jmanghan

My PSP collection HAS to be nearly at 100 physical games by now.

Went ahead and picked up Ys Seven, a BUNCH of sports and wrestling games, etc, all physical. There's a charm to older sports games that the ones of today don't really get down. I'm talking besides the fact that most of them are half-assed and objectively shit games now-a-days, which is also true.

Want a tip? If you get a used UMD off eBay, and the UMD casing is open, get some super-glue, possibly on a Q-Tip or a paintbrush with only a few dozen bristles, and lightly run it over the inside of the casing. DO NOT put it in too far or you'll ruin the game, I bought my nephew Lego Batman physical and the game got ruined because I went overboard with the glue. (Am big dumb, I know.)

The next 2 times I tried it, the games got no glue on them and played wonderfully with the added security of having the UMD casing permanently closed.

Sidenote: Also got Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, and Minecraft, all on Nintendo Switch.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2020 07:28 PM
Jmanghan

Was considering picking up DOOM Eternal on Switch which is $59.99, but gotta buy the kiddies their gifts.

I did buy a few other games.

Bounty Hounds on PSP, Cyberpunky Sci-Fi game where you explore different planets:
(please log in to view the image)

Fifa 09 on PSP, supposedly the best Fifa game on PSP according to Metacritic, not getting screwed over when live sports go away again, and portability is convenient:

NFL Street 2: Unleashed on PSP, great game on the main consoles as well, there's no NFL Street 1 on PSP so got this one:

Now, for the big one, the PSP game I'm most excited for that I've bought:

EA Replay for PSP, literally the best thing EA has ever done, a collection of some classics like Ultima VII: The Black Gate, Syndicate, and Road Rash 1-3, game was a PSP exclusive:

Bought the cult classic RPG "Drakkhen" on Steam.

Bought Katana Kami: A Way of the Samurai Story on Switch, as well as Baldur's Gate I & II on there, and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & The Blade of Light, these were digital downloads.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:25 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by victreebelvictr
Can’t wait for Warframe on the Switch.

It’s coming out November 20th, 2018.

Dat grind. thumb up

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:34 PM
cdtm

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
I just learned the second part won't be on PS at launch. Phuck's sake.

Isn't that a Switch exclusive?

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2020 06:35 PM
Jmanghan

Update: Dude who sold me Fifa 09 refunded me due to the fact the case was more damaged then he initially thought, oh well.

Instead I bought some other games.

Coded Arms for PSP, cyberpunky arena-based FPS game:

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 for PSP, military-themed FPS game, ya'll know Medal of Honor:

Old Post Dec 4th, 2020 11:02 AM
Jmanghan

Mmkay so EA Replay may not be as cool as I thought, it has the SNES version of Ultima VII, which many people consider to be a piece of garbage.

So that sucks. :/

Old Post Dec 6th, 2020 01:20 PM
Jmanghan

I bought a bunch of games.

Physical:

Trials of Mana Remake on Switch:

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology on PSP:

Digital (PSP only so far):

Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy V
Crash Bandicoot 2
Spyro Year of the Dragon
Alundra
Legend of Mana
Crash Bandicoot 3: WARPED
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
Suikoden 1
Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV
Brandish: The Dark Revenant
Vagrant Story
Warriors of the Lost Empire
Valkyria Chronicles 2
Ys I & II Chronicles
Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Those are just the ones bought so far. Yeah you can also play the PSone Classics on a PS3 and PS Vita but I really doubt I will.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 02:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

From the PS3 store with what's about to happen to it

Tomba!
Alundra
Vagrant Story
40 Winks

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2021 02:21 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Parasite Eve 2
Alter Echo

Old Post Apr 9th, 2021 07:39 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Lot of physicals this time around.

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories (GBA) and Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded:

Various PSP games:

Kingdom's of Amalur: Re-Reckoning on Switch:

I got a few digital games, there are some I can't remember, but here's what I can:

Shadow Tower (PS1 on PS Store)
Tecmo's Deception: Invitation to Darkness (PS1 on PS Store)
SoulCalibur VI (Steam)

Woot-woot.

Old Post May 10th, 2021 05:51 PM