KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » More pretentious and boring? Phish or Tool?

More pretentious and boring? Phish or Tool?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

More pretentious and boring? Phish or Tool?

Which one of these ridiculous bloated bands is the more pretentious and boring?

Old Post Aug 9th, 2017 09:20 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

omg phish holy crap not even close

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2017 04:13 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
omg phish holy crap not even close
They are like Pink Floyd without the style.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 05:17 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

many moons ago i was tricked by some friends into going with them to a weekend phish festival in upstate ny. i was in a phase where i kinda thought the grateful dead were okay and not boring as f*ck, and they were like "oh if you like the dead you'll love phish". NOPE. WRONG.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2017 05:33 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

many moons ago i was tricked by some friends into going with them to a weekend phish festival in upstate ny. i was in a phase where i kinda thought the grateful dead were okay and not boring as f*ck, and they were like "oh if you like the dead you'll love phish". NOPE. WRONG.

I had a not dissimilar thing done to me, I had a guy who worked for me about 15 years ago who knew I liked Marillion, he said, if you like Marillion you'll like Phish, now the first lead singer of Marillion was called Fish. So I thought, it's a sign. It wasn't. Good musicians mind.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 10:10 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i learned at this point that if anyone says "if you like ____ then you'll love ____", they should be roundly ignored and perhaps pelted with rotten lettuce.

but as for the overall topic: i can stomach tool in small dosages, so nobody has to fear being pushed out of a speeding vehicle if they play it in my car. but if anyone wants to try to play phish when i'm driving, they'd better learn the old "tuck and roll".

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 05:41 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

i learned at this point that if anyone says "if you like ____ then you'll love ____", they should be roundly ignored and perhaps pelted with rotten lettuce.

but as for the overall topic: i can stomach tool in small dosages, so nobody has to fear being pushed out of a speeding vehicle if they play it in my car. but if anyone wants to try to play phish when i'm driving, they'd better learn the old "tuck and roll".
Haha laughing About right smile

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 11:34 AM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I haven't listened to much Phish, but the dude's album with Les Claypool kinda sucked. But then again nothing Les Claypool is nearly as good as Primus.

Anyway, Tool is awesome. Just because they don't want to make nothing but 3-minute pop songs that you can tap your foot to doesn't mean they are pretentious. They live up to their ambitions. But I am currently annoyed with them taking 11+ years to put out new material. It's gotten ridiculous. So I gave up hope a long time ago.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 04:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Tool was a great band. Pretentious a holes for sure. They made great music though. PHISH, is more jazzy, nothing pretentious about their music, their fans certainly are though. The fans are equally pretentious though. Meh.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 09:22 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I'll listen to Phish and Tool for the entire day before I have to endure another second of the utter crap that is William Basinski

Old Post Aug 24th, 2017 11:04 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eon Blue
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ESB -1138
I'll listen to Phish and Tool for the entire day before I have to endure another second of the utter crap that is William Basinski

Basinski is a genius and his music is otherworldly.

I will never be a memory.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2019 05:00 PM
Eon Blue is currently offline Click here to Send Eon Blue a Private Message Find more posts by Eon Blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote