KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Southern Poverty Law Center in a Credibility Crisis

Southern Poverty Law Center in a Credibility Crisis
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait Adam, have you addressed the money transfer story? Cuz it's fully of shady shenanigans lol.

Let me help you out, here some stuff from the article:

"Additionally, the nonprofit pays lucrative six-figure salaries to its top directors and key employees while spending little on legal services despite its stated intent of "fighting hate and bigotry" using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy."

Hmm, well that is curious.

"Tax experts expressed confusion when being told of the transfer.

"I've never known a US-based nonprofit dealing in human rights or social services to have any foreign bank accounts," said Amy Sterling Casil, CEO of Pacific Human Capital, a California-based nonprofit consulting firm. "My impression based on prior interactions is that they have a small, modestly paid staff, and were regarded by most in the industry as frugal and reliable. I am stunned to learn of transfers of millions to offshore bank accounts. It is a huge red flag and would have been completely unacceptable to any wealthy, responsible, experienced board member who was committed to a charitable mission who I ever worked with."

"It is unethical for any US-based charity to invest large sums of money overseas," said Casil. "I know of no legitimate reason for any US-based nonprofit to put money in overseas, unregulated bank accounts."

Well that certainly isn't alarming.

Last edited by Surtur on Sep 4th, 2017 at 04:41 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2017 04:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Do you feel your position is dishonest as hell or do you believe your own bullshit?

2014, SPLC removed from the FBI as a resource (and the FOIA indicates it is definitely not about "feeling left out", at all. I don't think you read the article, at all):

http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/03/e...er-of-concerns/

And this relationship has been in a passive-aggressive simmer. It's not as simple as stating "they are chums!" Because they are not. The relationship has been rocky and there are clearly documented credibility issues going on right now with them. Severe, factual, credibility issues. Denying that just makes you look like an idiot.

But, go ahead and pretend they are the best of intimate chums. Go ahead and pretend the relationship is intimate and close like it was decades ago.

And, Sable, don't be quick to throw in the towel just because the FBI still has them listed on one place on their site. The FOIA release clearly indicates there is more going on there than just simple "policies" about internal sources. Obviously, they won't be clear about it. Why would they? The quiet and truthful back room discussions won't show up in a FOIA release.

The internal FBI communications obtained via the Freedom of Information Act request indicate no such thing, the innuendos of The Daily Caller article notwithstanding.

It is literally one email that paraphrases, "Upon review, please remove these organizations from this section."

It appears someone took the article at face value and did not read the actual documents.

Last edited by Adam_PoE on Sep 5th, 2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:48 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Adam you got owned

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:49 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Sable
Oh I didn't throw in the towel, I was giving him a smug victory for stating that they have a "partnership" with the SPLC listed as their LAST ONE on their extremely long list. Without them offering any sort of explanation or details of what it actually means.

He understood that which is why he ran off.

The organizations are listed in alphabetical order.

Last edited by Adam_PoE on Sep 5th, 2017 at 08:54 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:51 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Surtur
Wait Adam, have you addressed the money transfer story? Cuz it's fully of shady shenanigans lol.

"Additionally, the nonprofit pays lucrative six-figure salaries to its top directors and key employees while spending little on legal services despite its stated intent of "fighting hate and bigotry" using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy."

"I've never known a US-based nonprofit dealing in human rights or social services to have any foreign bank accounts," said Amy Sterling Casil, CEO of Pacific Human Capital, a California-based nonprofit consulting firm. "My impression based on prior interactions is that they have a small, modestly paid staff, and were regarded by most in the industry as frugal and reliable. I am stunned to learn of transfers of millions to offshore bank accounts. It is a huge red flag and would have been completely unacceptable to any wealthy, responsible, experienced board member who was committed to a charitable mission who I ever worked with."

"It is unethical for any US-based charity to invest large sums of money overseas," said Casil. "I know of no legitimate reason for any US-based nonprofit to put money in overseas, unregulated bank accounts."

Source?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:53 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
The organizations are listed in alphabetical order.

Besides lip service provide proof of this amazing partership the FBI relies on.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:00 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Source?

Article was posted in the OP's original post.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:34 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

The SPLC currently holds a gold rating from charity watchdog groups for its financial transparency and accountability. Approximately 68% of its revenue goes directly to programs. Its annual report provides a complete breakdown of how its funds are allocated. What is the curious part?

Sterling-Casil insinuates that there is something improper about the finances of the SPLC, because she can think of no reason for them to be "owners" in a foreign investment company. But anyone who invests in a mutual fund, that in-turn holds an investment in a foreign fund, would be an "owner" in a PFIC, so that is not at all unusual. Again, what is the alarming part?

By the way, you should choose better sources:

quote:
Media Bias/Fact Check: Washington Free Beacon

The Washington Free Beacon is an American politically conservative political journalism website that publishes news and opinion commentary. It has a very strong right wing bias and often publishes misleading headlines that do not match the content of stories. Has published a completely fake story as recently as 6/23/2017.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:59 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed? So please explain why they transferred the funds?

Also, just answer me this: you agree with everything on the SPLC site? As in, you agree every single person, every single group they list as being hate groups...deserve to be listed as such? Just curious.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:01 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

"The SPLC is dedicated to fighting hate and bigotry and to seeking justice for the most vulnerable members of our society. Using litigation, education, and other forms of advocacy, the SPLC works toward the day when the ideals of equal justice and equal opportunity will be a reality."

And Surtur hates these guys. laughing out loud

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Because they blatantly slander people.

Anyone can type up a well worded positive description of themselves and their intentions, that doesn't invalidate any and all criticism towards them.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:06 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

They slander Nazi lions and Nazi tigers and Nazi bears, oh my

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
They slander Nazi lions and Nazi tigers and Nazi bears, oh my

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is not a nazi lol. The group Jihad Watch are not nazis.

Was Ben Carson a nazi? They had him on there at one point as well lol.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:11 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who's more dangerous, the about 10,000 white supremacists in the country or the terrorist organization known as Antifa?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:12 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Ayaan Hirsi Ali is not a nazi lol. The group Jihad Watch are not nazis.

Was Ben Carson a nazi? They had him on there at one point as well lol.

[citation need]

I don't know what "Jihad Watch" is, but honestly, it sounds like another "religionofpeace.com' hack website made to wind up the hayseeds like yourself

[Citation Needed]

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:13 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Who's more dangerous, the about 10,000 white supremacists in the country or the terrorist organization known as Antifa?

Who's murdered people? Exactly

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
[citation need]

I don't know what "Jihad Watch" is, but honestly, it sounds like another "religionofpeace.com' hack website made to wind up the hayseeds like yourself

[Citation Needed]

You need a citation that Ayaan Hirsi Ali is not a nazi?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:14 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have never seen anything on either of those websites. But there is about 10,000 WS in the country of 333 million people.

Do you know what fraction of the population that is?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

You need a citation that Ayaan Hirsi Ali is not a nazi?

^What a retard

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:15 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I have never seen anything on either of those websites. But there is about 10,000 WS in the country of 333 million people.

Do you know what fraction of the population that is?

It only took 1 white supremacist to run over a bunch of people and luckily only murdering one

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:17 PM