KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » The Official Episode 8 Countdown Thread

The Official Episode 8 Countdown Thread
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

You guys hear that Disney bought Star Wars and Lucasfilm?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 07:17 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

FAKE news. SAD

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

So sad. We will never ever...like never.....just so u know.....ever.........see Luke fight again after Rotj.....
Hmm. Is that so bad really.....

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 01:45 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JediRobin23
So sad. We will never ever...like never.....just so u know.....ever.........see Luke fight again after Rotj.....
Hmm. Is that so bad really.....

Watch out for New cartoons stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
oh you're still doing this? not many feats to go by, but with what little he showed, i don't doubt that he was the most powerful sith. though luke's feat was arguably the most powerful force-feat ever.

Not sure how he's more powerful than Sidious or even Vader (who he seems to idolize) for that matter. Palpatine blitzed several Jedi Masters at the same time, mitigated the Force senses of the entire Jedi Order, fought Yoda to a standstill, etc. All Snoke did was fling Rey's lightsaber around and pull off some impressive TP feats.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:25 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

dragging hux across the floor, by his face, from lightyears away. that was the feat i was referring too. second would be that he was clearly more powerful than rey and kylo combined, thus subterfuge was needed to kill him. in terms of raw force power, snoke was the most impressive in film cannon. dueling is a whole other matter.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:28 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

dragging hux across the floor, by his face, from lightyears away.

Vader chokes someone through a hologram in ESB and if we count the rest of canon, Sidious chokes Dooku through a hologram from light-years away too.

I mean, Hux is just a random general.

quote:

that was the feat i was referring too. second would be that he was clearly more powerful than rey and kylo combined, thus subterfuge was needed to kill him.

I'm pretty sure Palpatine is more powerful than Rey and Kylo combined.

quote:

in terms of raw force power, snoke was the most impressive in film cannon. dueling is a whole other matter.

I still think Darth Sidious is far more impressive than Snoke. Taking on Yoda and everything else he's done beats playing keep away with Rey's lightsaber.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:42 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Snoke has nothing on Palpatine.

But that was the point. He wasn’t supposed to be the new Palpatine.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 12:54 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah Snoke has nothing on Palpatine.

But that was the point. He wasn’t supposed to be the new Palpatine.
Iyo but in terms of power he's clearly more powerful than Palpatine ever was. Force bridge, utter domination of Rey to the point of undeniable domination, etc. That and Serkis states he's more powerful since it's rather obvious unless you're talking to an Ot fanboy who can't handle it.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:58 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Vader chokes someone through a hologram in ESB and if we count the rest of canon, Sidious chokes Dooku through a hologram from light-years away too.

I mean, Hux is just a random general.

I'm pretty sure Palpatine is more powerful than Rey and Kylo combined.

I still think Darth Sidious is far more impressive than Snoke. Taking on Yoda and everything else he's done beats playing keep away with Rey's lightsaber.
Dooku took on Yoda.

laughing out loud

Yoda had the clear edge in force power and dueling skill yet he didn't win. Yoda rules, eh ? How did Sidious fare against Windu ?

smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2017 05:59 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by The Ellimist
[B]Vader chokes someone through a hologram in ESB and if we count the rest of canon, Sidious chokes Dooku through a hologram from light-years away too.

vader choked someone on another ship within his fleet. snoke attacked someone from presumably lightyears away. hardly a detail that can be pooh-pooh'd from the debate.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2017 08:17 PM
Darth Thor

vader choked someone on another ship within his fleet. snoke attacked someone from presumably lightyears away. hardly a detail that can be pooh-pooh'd from the debate.

If we just look at films then yeah Snoke's feat would seem more impressive, (although that wouldn't necessarily mean Vader can't replicate the same thing).

But in the wider canon, just on Tv in fact, Palpatine's version is wayyyy more impressive given who he's doing it to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeg7K9NrCw

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 02:50 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Iyo but in terms of power he's clearly more powerful than Palpatine ever was.

LOL no, just look at the above clip.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2017 02:54 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

If we just look at films then yeah Snoke's feat would seem more impressive, (although that wouldn't necessarily mean Vader can't replicate the same thing).

But in the wider canon, just on Tv in fact, Palpatine's version is wayyyy more impressive given who he's doing it to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDeg7K9NrCw

yes, i was going by live action movie feats. i wish neither lucas nor disney canonized anything outside of the films, tbh.

i rather enjoyed the irony of seeing snoke demonstrate the most powerful feats on film (including the fact that he repeatedly used an ability which ended up killing luke when he did it once), and then get murdered by someone obviously weaker. furthermore, i hope we never see another villain as powerful as snoke. i just think that constantly powering up heroes and villains in order to one-up previous episides can really dumb down a story.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:18 AM
queeq
Chaos

True. They should work more from the characters instead of evil inflation.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 11:53 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

LOL no, just look at the above clip.
Dude, the films made it clear and plainly obvious that Snoke is the ultimate in force power. That's fine you're still in denial and do mental gymnastics to still somehow pretend otherwise but I live in the real world. You're free to live with Trump in the land of delusions.

Your rage and tear induced outrage at Snoke's clear and utter dominance in the film with force powers is the icing on my Star Wars cake.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

Take a bite.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:46 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

I think it was great when they killed snoke out so early.....

No one can beat palpatine especially one who went through six movies....

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:01 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Whoops.

Sry. Anh didn’t count. Reference only....

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:27 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
Dude, the films made it clear and plainly obvious that Snoke is the ultimate in force power. That's fine you're still in denial and do mental gymnastics to still somehow pretend otherwise but I live in the real world. You're free to live with Trump in the land of delusions.

Your rage and tear induced outrage at Snoke's clear and utter dominance in the film with force powers is the icing on my Star Wars cake.

Yeah he was amazing. Outstanding. Clearly above anything they’ve shown us in the movies before him:

Originally posted by Surtur

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 14th, 2018 01:41 AM