KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2018 World Cup Russia

2018 World Cup Russia
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Good result from Russia under pressure but the Saudis aren't exactly a challenge, Portugal V Spain today though.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jun 15th, 2018 12:04 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Panzerlock

yo mexican goalie got it down af

Old Post Jun 17th, 2018 05:27 PM
Panzerlock is currently offline Click here to Send Panzerlock a Private Message Find more posts by Panzerlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

JFC England, stop picking Jordan Henderson. He's not good enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 05:20 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kane was the star today, England was about to do the expected draw in their WC opening game, but his head saved them from that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 09:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
JFC England, stop picking Jordan Henderson. He's not good enough.

I think Henderson suffers from the same thing that a lot of players like him do, his performances are only noticeable when he plays badly, if he does his job, he doesn't stand out and he doesn't grab the headlines. Carrick suffered the same thing for 10+ years at Utd, a lot of 'water carrier' type players do.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 10:18 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Robtard
Kane was the star today, England was about to do the expected draw in their WC opening game, but his head saved them from that.

I don't rate Kane as highly as a lot of people do, but even I can admit the dude just seems to know where to be when crosses come in.

Originally posted by samhain
I think Henderson suffers from the same thing that a lot of players like him do, his performances are only noticeable when he plays badly, if he does his job, he doesn't stand out and he doesn't grab the headlines. Carrick suffered the same thing for 10+ years at Utd, a lot of 'water carrier' type players do.

I would agree that it does happen to players, but I still don't think that Henderson is World Cup material. And I didn't like him in the CL this year either. I think he's a liability, and funny you mention Carrick, I think England desperately needed someone like him today.

This is arguably the weakest England team I've seen compete in a tournament in years too. I think if they play the way they did tonight against Belgium, they'll get destroyed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

I think it's an inexperienced team but that might be a good thing for England, it's not like they've won a tournament in over 50 years so why not put some newbies out there.

Depends on how the next fixtures go for England and Belgium really, if they both win, they're both through and don't need to risk star players in a nothing game relatively speaking. They'll both want to top the group for sure but you also have to play fringe players when you get the opportunity otherwise they're not up to tempo when brought on as an impact sub or to cover injury/suspension.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 11:04 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think it's an inexperienced team but that might be a good thing for England, it's not like they've won a tournament in over 50 years so why not put some newbies out there.

Depends on how the next fixtures go for England and Belgium really, if they both win, they're both through and don't need to risk star players in a nothing game relatively speaking. They'll both want to top the group for sure but you also have to play fringe players when you get the opportunity otherwise they're not up to tempo when brought on as an impact sub or to cover injury/suspension.

Yeah true; if they both win their next matches, i'd expect reserve teams put out in the last fixture.

I think that having a young team is great, but I worry about the quality of a fair number of them. Rashford is great; Loftus-Cheek looked busy when he came on. Trippier played well. But they have a dodgy defence and I really don't rate the likes of Dele Alli or Ashley Young that highly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 18th, 2018 11:51 PM
Insane Titan

England deserved the win, Tunisia was nothing more than moaning , niggling team that went down far too easy under any challenge

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 09:58 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Tunisia passed the ball around quite well I thought, also I didn't know they are the highest ranked African team, higher than Senegal, Nigeria and the Ivory Coast who didn't even qualify.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2018 11:31 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

WORLD CUP MOTHERFUCKERS!

Going for Brazil

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 02:43 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Tunisia passed the ball around quite well I thought, also I didn't know they are the highest ranked African team, higher than Senegal, Nigeria and the Ivory Coast who didn't even qualify.

Yeah, they played really well and kept the ball better than England did.

==

Argentina... Jaysus. The first goal, woeful mistake. Second one I don't blame anyone but the third? Them all just standing there hoping to get a flag? No. Terrible.

It's not Egypt. It's not one really good player and everyone else is shit. They've got some really good players, and yet again their over-reliance on Messi is costing them.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:34 AM
Insane Titan

Yeah, they played really well and kept the ball better than England did.

==

Argentina... Jaysus. The first goal, woeful mistake. Second one I don't blame anyone but the third? Them all just standing there hoping to get a flag? No. Terrible.

It's not Egypt. It's not one really good player and everyone else is shit. They've got some really good players, and yet again their over-reliance on Messi is costing them.
you are joking about Tunisia. They was awful, they offered nothing all game. They didn’t have a single shot on target other than the penalty iirc.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 09:13 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

their over-reliance on Messi is costing them.

It's like they rely on Messi but don't play to his strengths.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 11:10 AM
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Nigeria just gave Argentina a massive chance at making the KO stages. The last round of fixtures in that group will be interesting.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 05:06 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yup. I'm fairly confident CRO won't lose to ICE, ether win or tie. So ARG only need win their first game of this WC against NGE to guarantee their spot/survival.

I have little hopes for ARG though at this point. I'm thinking it's going to be CRO (obviously) and NGE moving forward. Which sucks for me, as I'm both a fan of ARG/Messi and I wanted ICE to perform well in their first WC.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 06:51 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

The Argies will have a hard time against Nigeria though, they're not playing with a lot of confidence and Nigeria can send themselves to the knockouts if they win.

Agree on Messi, was heartbroken for him at the last WC, if he wants to be there to be no doubt he's the G.O.A.T. then he really needs a winners medal.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 08:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Also have a weird feeling GER might lose to SWE 1-0, going to be crazy if the reigning champs don’t crack out of eliminations

MEX vs KOR is a hot mess, fouls, yellow cards and general mayhem for the Koreans

Last edited by Robtard on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Insane Titan
you are joking about Tunisia. They was awful, they offered nothing all game. They didn’t have a single shot on target other than the penalty iirc.

I said they passed the ball better. Which they did. They were definitely lacking, such as in their defending from set-pieces and making chances. England were pretty lacking themselves, which was why the game was as close as it was.

It's like they rely on Messi but don't play to his strengths.

Yup. And leave great players on the bench.

==

Poor Sweden. They're entitled to feel robbed.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 09:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

England, even with a couple of decisions that could have gone the other way, absolutely battered Panama. Wonder what they'll think going in to the next match or two.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 02:47 PM