KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lor...zon-1202606519/

quote:
Warner Bros. Television and the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien are in talks with Amazon Studios to develop a series based on the late author’s “The Lord of the Rings” novels. Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is said by sources with knowledge of the situation to be personally involved in the negotiations, which are still in very early stages. No deal has been set.

The studio and the Tolkien estate have been shopping a series based on the classic fantasy novels and their assortment of hobbits, wizards, and warriors, sparking a competitive situation from which Amazon has emerged as the frontrunner. Representatives for Amazon and Warner Bros. declined to comment. [snip]

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:20 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

okay that was attempt #2 and i got thread glitched again, i give up.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:21 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm gonna be nice and help you out: do not paste the title into the title box. Type it out.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also: this is lame. These folk do know there are other stories in that universe besides the tale about the ring, right?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 05:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Fixed the title because OP can’t even do that right.

SMH.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Nov 5th, 2017 at 02:15 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 07:01 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like I said before...there are other stories to tackle. Gimme some 1st age shiznit.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 03:37 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Fixed the title because OP can’t even do that right.

SMH.

thanks

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 04:42 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

There's already like 9+ hours worth of movies for LotR.

And even if it's done well I don't think it would have nearly the same amount of intrigue as Game of Thrones.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 06:28 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They could tell the story of Morgoth. It would be cool to see Feanor.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 07:45 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'm up for it, but it will probably spend years in development he'll before we get anything due to rights wrangling with the Tolkiens

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:04 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

If they do a new story and if it's done well this could be pretty sweet

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 03:45 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
They could tell the story of Morgoth. It would be cool to see Feanor.
The Silmarillion could possibly be done

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 07:50 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Watch this be nothing but "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil", and other characters no one ever asked to learn about or care for.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2017 08:59 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Adapting the Silmarillion would be a huge mistake. Though there are some individual stories from it that could be adapted such as the tale of Turin or Beren and Luthein. Unfortunately, we won’t get those for a while. Christopher Tolkien will never sell the rights to these stories.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2017 10:03 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

It's official now. Here is the press release: http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix...&ID=2316587

"Set in Middle Earth, the television adaptation will explore new storylines preceding J.R.R. Tolkien’s The Fellowship of the Ring. The deal includes a potential additional spin-off series."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2017 07:40 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I hope "preceding Fellowship" doesn't mean the years just immediately before the War of the Ring. I can't imagine anyone wants to watch the exact same characters, played by younger actors, go off on adventures that the writers have to make-up, like the Shadow of Mordor games. Actually no, there's probably too many people who wouldn't discern that huge drop in quality.

But I would watch with glee a Rome-style gritty imagining of The Sexy Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:39 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

interesting

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 03:56 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I hope "preceding Fellowship" doesn't mean the years just immediately before the War of the Ring. I can't imagine anyone wants to watch the exact same characters, played by younger actors, go off on adventures that the writers have to make-up, like the Shadow of Mordor games. Actually no, there's probably too many people who wouldn't discern that huge drop in quality.

But I would watch with glee a Rome-style gritty imagining of The Sexy Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

Awhile back the Amazon CEO said he wanted a GoT-style show. If I had to guess, I'm assuming this will deal with the fall of Arnor or perhaps the kinstrife and other events of Gondor history. Either of them would allow for political intrigue and the like.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 04:04 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

That's gonna require the invention of personal storylines, characters, characters arcs, dialogue, and plot that don't come from a Tolkien place. Nailing that down is gonna be super hard. GoT-style... f*ck. How many rewrites of the pilot episode are gonna have the word 'f*ck' in it? Or some t*ts. Or some really shitty, forced, uninteresting drama between sexy elf A and sexy man B? No wait, that was the Hobbit...

F*ck they're gonna just copy the Hobbit.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 06:51 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Ancalagon the Black would be cool to see.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 02:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote