KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'm kind of excited about this. Could be very cool if done right. That's a big if, though.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 08:47 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow if this is actually happening I'm amped.

It will ultimately all depend on if they hire the right creative team to spearhead the project. Gotta get the best in the business to not fuk this up.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2017 09:08 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So Christopher resigned as the head of the Tolkien Estate.

Suddenly, everything is explained.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2017 04:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Who's in charge now? Oh God, it's Kathleen Kennedy isn't it? We've given you enough Kate, what more can you want?!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:20 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Apparently, Amazon has committed to five seasons and is expected to spend over a billion on this series... Christ.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...netflix-1099213

I wish amazon was adapting a different fantasy series rather then attempt to create some fan-fiction set in ME.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 03:19 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Also reporting that Peter Jackson may produce.

I really really really want this to be good. A middle earth TV show could be so damn cool. I just hope they put some of that budget into hiring world class writers/directors and not just CGI, costumes and environment.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 09:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

F*ck yes! With over 200million being the budget per season, I'd expect some fairly top notch writers, directors and actors.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 6th, 2018 10:56 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

So they revealed the title:

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power

Fairly decent "trailer". Apparently the voice over is done by the new Galadriel actress. Quite a downgrade from Cate Blanchett. Hopefully she does better in the show proper.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 07:16 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Yeah agreed, that voice didn't do it for me, didn't carry any weight. Not sure if it's the voice itself or because Blanket did it so well and it's what's been ingrained in my head as proper.

Still f**king hyped over this. They better not sodomize it like they did with The Wheel of Time.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 08:33 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

I'm starting to feel the hype as well despite my reservations.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 10:39 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Agreed, the voice isn't great.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 11:10 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
I'm starting to feel the hype as well despite my reservations.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 11:15 PM
ares834

I wish it wasn't. I know it's likely going to suck. Heck, since it's LotR, even if it's merely mediocre I'll be disappointed.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 05:18 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Won't be watching...

Tom Bombadil's Songs - First line: Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dildo -or some ****ing twee shite.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 08:53 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You know you're going to end up watching it because it's LoTR and that was written by a proper Englishmen and Englishmen are into Englishmen stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 09:21 PM
Stringer

I always thought the movies were highly over-rated. Whatever though. Maybe the tv show would somehow be better

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 09:30 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
You know you're going to end up watching it because it's LoTR and that was written by a proper Englishmen and Englishmen are into Englishmen stick out tongue
I read the books, lost tales, silmarillion, Hobbit when very young, then read Dune, the Saga of exiles, Thomas Covenant etc snd realised Lord of the rings is overated the films were too long and part of my life i will never get back. Give me Conan over Hobbits dwarves and elves any day. Hed have sorted all these magic problems out in no time and not touched anyones ring, unless it was an elven girl that is.
Originally posted by Stringer
I always thought the movies were highly over-rated. Whatever though. Maybe the tv show would somehow be better
Agreed thumb up

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 09:52 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Now a proper Conan show... that should happen. Could be epic with the right directors, writers, actors.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 10:42 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
Watch this be nothing but "The Adventures of Tom Bombadil", and other characters no one ever asked to learn about or care for.
Tom Bombadil is a ****ing treasure.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jan 20th, 2022 10:50 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Originally posted by Robtard
Now a proper Conan show... that should happen. Could be epic with the right directors, writers, actors.

Did you ever see the live action TV show from the 90's? It was so bad it actually improves if you watch it in black and white, the hammy acting and effects feel right at home.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Jan 21st, 2022 02:00 AM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote