KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread

Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Discussion Thread
Started by: Darth Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (56): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarthSkywalker0
The Insane Jedi Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I just want it to be a series of Jedi missions before the Clone Wars. Kind of like Star Trek.

( A quote by Syndiciate )

"I killed them, of course. Just as I killed the Guardian. Just as I now kill you."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:23 PM
Click here to Send DarthSkywalker0 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthSkywalker0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

I hated how the mandalorians were treated in Rebels.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:01 PM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by TheIndyJedi
I hated how the mandalorians were treated in Rebels.

Don't even get me started, this all started in TCW with pacifying them! Also now looking bad on it...did anyone find the combat kinda....dead in the shows?

Maybe more Rebels with the blaster fights, but they seemed really...not all that interesting.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

So does this confirm that Bobba dies in ROTJ? I can't see them wasting Bobbas story on TV.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 12:35 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

ares834 is online now!

(please log in to view the image)

Looks nice.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 04:00 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

But it`s the new Star Wars, so it`ll be shit.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheIndyJedi

Reminds off the concept art for Boba Fett from the cancelled Star Wars 1313 game

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 05:56 AM
Click here to Send TheIndyJedi a Private Message Find more posts by TheIndyJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Nice

Old Post Oct 5th, 2018 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also looks like Filoni will be one of the executive producers for this.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 06:00 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

I’m still not sure on a live action TV series, I just can’t see it. I don’t know why I’m not getting into this new stuff, not from a lack of trying.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 06:15 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

*Since we now have an official name/premise for this series and a rough release date, I'm going to update this thread's title and move it to the proper forum.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 7th, 2018 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2018 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007
Also looks like Filoni will be one of the executive producers for this.

He is on the list of directors for the first season I believe. Which was always an obvious move for him. Hes been directing and producing on animation for long enough.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Oct 8th, 2018 at 03:36 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 03:33 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by Zenwolf
I’m still not sure on a live action TV series, I just can’t see it. I don’t know why I’m not getting into this new stuff, not from a lack of trying.

It's something I've been wondering too. Why is there so much outrage for Disney Star Wars? I know there's a fair share of people who think it's bad, but Star Wars has produced some of the worst content ever in the past. It never sparked anything on this level before. Star Wars has endured through so much, so why not this?
And it's not possible that Disney just happens to pool their money and most successful talents into work that just turns out to be garbage.

Maybe it's just to do with how the fanbase talks about star wars now. Maybe it's to do with the "political" direction Kathleen Kennedy has taken. I don't know. It seems there's something else going on than just the content being "bad".

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 04:26 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zentrex
It's something I've been wondering too. Why is there so much outrage for Disney Star Wars? I know there's a fair share of people who think it's bad, but Star Wars has produced some of the worst content ever in the past. It never sparked anything on this level before. Star Wars has endured through so much, so why not this?
And it's not possible that Disney just happens to pool their money and most successful talents into work that just turns out to be garbage.

Maybe it's just to do with how the fanbase talks about star wars now. Maybe it's to do with the "political" direction Kathleen Kennedy has taken. I don't know. It seems there's something else going on than just the content being "bad".
Because the bad content of Star Wars used to be for only fans of Star Wars. The bad content of Star Wars is now for everyone, and that makes them fans of Star Wars.

The main stuff is being blasted with shit and political agendas.

That's the difference. You used to have to read a shitty novel or a bad comic to find truly awful shit. Now you can watch a movie to find comparable things. The bad is thrown in your face a little bit more.

Obviously not all the canon is bad. But it doesn't help when people find the main attraction shit.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 05:03 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Zentrex

I guess it's a mix of what you're saying and what Mob said. I mean I'm not saying all the current Disney stuff is bad, I certainly liked Vader's first comic series and a few issues of the main Marvel SW series. But so far? That's really been it..the concepts they're bringing over from Legends certainly haven't been enticing either.

I haven't exactly followed what KK has done, but I have heard about what she's said, about what JJ and Johnson said and it's just.....ugh.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 8th, 2018 at 09:30 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2018 09:27 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

A few recently leaked set photos reveal extras in Stormtrooper armor:
https://i.imgur.com/FZxjhuC.jpg

Considering this series is supposed to take place 2 years after RotJ, it's interesting to see Stormtroopers still around. There are obviously several possible explanations, but one "?" posed by the producers was interesting...

quote:
"The idea of the story taking place in the aftermath of the Empire makes your imagination push further out and conceive of the troopers as extinct. But it looks more and more like the troopers were pushed to the outer rim. As the first press release stated, this story takes place far away from the reaches of the New Republic. Are these troopers controlled by the "Regional Governors" or are they just aimless militias taking from the people because there's no central Imperial government to fund their existence?"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 06:46 PM
Zenwolf

The 2nd seems more plausible. ....Still irked how they handled the aftermath of the war.../hiss. <.<

Also I have a bad feeling about this series..

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 06:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My major holdup is that I really don't give a shit about this random Mandalorian and his hijinks in the outer rim. The premise just isn't appealing to me at all, tbh.

Maybe it'll end up being good. Dunno. I just couldn't care less about it right now. /shrug

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 07:45 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

What if I told you the Mandalorian was a people of color woman? I bet your interest has piqued now, hasn't it?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 08:23 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Galan007
My major holdup is that I really don't give a shit about this random Mandalorian and his hijinks in the outer rim. The premise just isn't appealing to me at all, tbh.

Maybe it'll end up being good. Dunno. I just couldn't care less about it right now. /shrug

Yeeah...it's kinda hard to get into it when the Mandalorians haven't....really been great in this new Canon, least for me. Didn't really care much for them in Rebels....TCW the only good thing about em was the DeathWatch and even then it kinda was solely on Vizsla.

Much prefer the Mandalorians pre-Canon reboot.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Oct 27th, 2018 at 08:52 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2018 08:49 PM