KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » What Killed KMC?

What Killed Star Wars debate?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Azronger 2 6.90%
Ant's Anakin/Gillard tier system wank 6 20.69%
Tempest forsaking us 0 0%
New Guy's apathy 1 3.45%
Wolfmyth joining 5 17.24%
Zenwolf being pedantic 1 3.45%
Lack of new members 10 34.48%
Blasphemers refusing to show the headsite manager ( Bart ) proper respect 4 13.79%
Total: 29 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What Killed KMC?
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Lack of new characters. And yeah there's a lot but no one really cares about most of them

Old Post Nov 25th, 2017 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ant's Gillard obsession, Azronger's everything and lack of new members.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:03 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

you have a member that's new to star wars that is actually telling you one thing that killed it from a new person's perspective but you idiotic retards continue to do the same shiit to kill the boards.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Account Restricted

we dont want people believing Bane > Aayla Secura on the forums here
its better for it to die

They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:17 AM
Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raisen
you have a member that's new to star wars that is actually telling you one thing that killed it from a new person's perspective but you idiotic retards continue to do the same shiit to kill the boards.

Shut the f*ck up.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:20 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:21 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

lol. alright

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 12:22 AM
Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Kurk
Absolutely. Members here have their heads stuck so far up the asses of top tier force users that every thread is more-or-less a pissing contest between between X and Y (valk and sids jk). It's rare to see threads made on "fodder" characters or non force-sensitives.

Dunno why you jabbed at me with that one, if it was such.

But I mean here's what I've been seeing regarding it. The most talked about characters seem to be.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Valk/Vitiate, Sidious, Vader, Dooku, Anakin, Ventress, Kun and Maul.

From what I've seen mostly, these are the characters that are usually mixed and matched in just about every matchup and scenario more than once in some kind of fashion.

There's barely or hardly any talk about any other Force Users by comparison, when there is plenty of material regarding such characters, which usually these guys are just put as opponents or just dismissed altogether or just used as 'jokes'.

You're right though, discussions usually revolve around the high tier Force Users and it's generally recycling information that's been said. Where do you have a discussion if there's nothing new? There's a whole universe and many look at a very, very, very small fraction of it.

Among other things that come around here.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 01:17 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Dunno why you jabbed at me with that one, if it was such.

But I mean here's what I've been seeing regarding it. The most talked about characters seem to be.

Obi-Wan, Yoda, Valk/Vitiate, Sidious, Vader, Dooku, Anakin, Ventress, Kun and Maul.

From what I've seen mostly, these are the characters that are usually mixed and matched in just about every matchup and scenario more than once in some kind of fashion.

There's barely or hardly any talk about any other Force Users by comparison, when there is plenty of material regarding such characters, which usually these guys are just put as opponents or just dismissed altogether or just used as 'jokes'.

You're right though, discussions usually revolve around the high tier Force Users and it's generally recycling information that's been said. Where do you have a discussion if there's nothing new? There's a whole universe and many look at a very, very, very small fraction of it.

Among other things that come around here.
No that was a jab at the likes of other users. (*ahem* Azronger)

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 01:27 AM
Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, that's what.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:26 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vixas

Well, now is as good a time as any to break my years-long lurking to simply say that a more apt title would be what led to KMC's decline and that would lead me to simply say a lot of things did. No one real cause there.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 04:40 AM
Click here to Send Vixas a Private Message Find more posts by Vixas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zenwolf is the best thing about KMC. I'm not even trolling.
Why do people hate the guy?

The same old Force sensitive 'versus battles' get old.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 05:02 AM
Click here to Send godemperortrump a Private Message Find more posts by godemperortrump Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
As people are still posting here. KMC, is by definition, not dead.

Unfortunately, this is true.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:12 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Originally posted by Kurk
No that was a jab at the likes of other users. (*ahem* Azronger)

Funny that you mention it, since I've been trying to branch out recently (Exar Kun vs Galen and 'Killer, anyone?) but it really isn't my fault if all my favorite characters happen to be the most powerful ones (Sheev, Luke, Vader, Plagueis etc.) and from the era with the best-written stories. Those are the ones I've invested most of my time researching and developing arguments for, and as such arguing for them is only a logical choice. If this pisses you off, then it isn't my problem, really.

Besides, there are plenty of non-Force users/fodder level Force users I like, but due to their nature as low-tier combatants, talking about their combat abilities in a versus setting is a bit boring to me. If it was literature analysis, I'd be on board with them, but in VS matches I strongly gravitate towards the more powerful characters.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:33 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

Also, as far as I know, there's never been a big Kun vs Krayt debate, despite that apparently being a really contested fight. There's still room for something new even among the higher tiers.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 07:35 AM
Click here to Send Azronger a Private Message Find more posts by Azronger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ I don't think people really care enough about Krayt tbh. And the Kun debate's a bit old, with Nai making virtually every single argument possible for him over the years.

If you haven't been convinced that Kun is > Vader or Palpatine or whoever after reading through his posts, you never will be. He's a polarizing character and only has some scaling and quotes, with little (albeit impressive) feats.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 09:47 AM
Azronger
Azronger Reborn

There's plenty of Krayt fans here: me, ILS, Unbowed, Wollf, NewGuy etc. All have pretty much retired, though. I might be the only one active, but I think Kun wins that fight, albeit narrowly.

Last edited by Azronger on Nov 26th, 2017 at 10:15 AM

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:12 AM
Haschwalth

Kotor was my first Legends material I saw outside the movies.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:16 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godemperortrump
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure ILS is also a TOTJ fanboy. I think he'd back Kun.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 10:55 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

Nah, ILS has Krayt > Kun.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2017 11:01 AM
Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote