KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Admiral Holdo respect thread

Admiral Holdo respect thread
Started by: Big Gerald

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

thumb up

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 08:54 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
What makes the situation even worse though is that her plan was gay as **** and relied entirely on the writers bending the universe to her will. Since WHEN are capital ships unable to detect small ships? ANH opens with a SD detecting life-pods- the sensors are so accurate they can even detect life-forms inside them. In ESB Vader's fleet had no problem tracking the Millennium Falcon for lightyears. Where is this bullshit that the FO needs Non-union Brad Pitt to tell them that there's 100-foot long troop transports flying around in front of their ****ing faces coming from?

"Dude we can only scan for one or the other lol"

One of the worst things about this movie is how contrived the plots were. It's like they had a major idea of what they wanted (we need a ESB style run from the Empire for most of the movie) but had neither the skill nor the understanding of the universe to actually fill out why it will happen.

The ships were cloaked, lol. You must have missed that line.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 09:29 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Its stated in the film that the first order "is scanning for our large ships but not our smaller ones", to paraphrase.

Furthermore, if the transports were cloaked then why was the FO able to shoot them down? H1B1Brad Pitt gave them a hunch that the transports were out there, but he didn't track them himself.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

They started scanning for cloaked vessels and found them. They weren't doing that before.

Also the FO were freaking miles away from the Rebels, they aren't going to be able to freaking eyeball the transports out the window, lol.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 11:17 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
They started scanning for cloaked vessels and found them. They weren't doing that before.
So the admirals plan was to gamble on the first order having the technology and the capability to detect her ships, and simply choosing not to do so?

quote:
Also the FO were freaking miles away from the Rebels, they aren't going to be able to freaking eyeball the transports out the window, lol.

I did not assert that that is what they should have done, but do you not realize how incredibly retarded your statement here is? Like this is legitimately one of the dumbest things I've ever seen you say, which is a milestone in of itself.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Dec 18th, 2017 at 12:19 AM

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:17 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, they can tell what the FO is scanning for.

I looked up and saw your comment that "Where is this bullshit that the FO needs Non-union Brad Pitt to tell them that there's 100-foot long troop transports flying around in front of their ****ing faces coming from?" and thought it was dumb enough to respond to.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 12:22 AM
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

well I will say this; its good to see Ellie Sattler in more films let alone a juggernaut like Star Wars

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:31 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote