KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy

Epiosde 7, 8 or the prequel trilogy
Started by: redpill

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
Anyone defending the Sequels is actually a homosexual, it's in the Talmud. Bashar is a stupid boomer.

your butt hurts?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2018 12:36 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kickballjedi

I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but I wanted to log in after a few years absence to see how KMC was reacting to the New Trilogy. Very entertaining as usual.

Here is my opinion- The New Movies have made the PT look better to me. I know, I know, but hear me out. 1 thing the PT did was explain EVERYTHING. By the end of RotS you know the Death Star is under construction, the Jedi are all but extinct, the Empire is in control, the stormtrooper clone army enforces the Empire, and there is the hint at a Rebellion starting. You knew the wonder twins are split up on Tatooine and Alderaan, you know Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out. When Episode 4 begins, you know where everything stands, why the Galaxy is the way it is.

I have no f-ing clue what has happened between RotJ and TFA. How is the First Order so powerful? Where did they get the funds to build a planet-sized, sun-sucking weapon? How did the "resistance" allow it to be built under their noses? Why doesn't the New Republic have a massive military force to keep the peace? Why isn't Han a general? Why isn't Leia the Chancellor of the New Senate? I'm so confused!

When I look at how much I've changed over the last 30 years, I think to myself- "Wow I've grown and achieved a lot!" An awesome job, cool car, beautiful wife and son, a big house. 20 years ago I was single living in a 1 room efficiency. These characters are the heroes who helped Save the Galaxy- they should be leaders and celebrities, they should guide the future of the republic and squash any evil Empire that threatens the new peace they created. It makes no sense! By the end TLJ when the "Rebels" are seeking help from other worlds, I'm thinking to myself "What are they rebels of? The New Order hasn't taken over the Galaxy. They just blew up a whole system, billions of lives, nobody would want to join with that!" Then I wonder how the New Order had enough funds for The Starkiller Base (destroyed), the Dreadnought (destroyed), the Supremacy a Mega-Class Star Destroyer (destroyed). This trilogy makes no sense so far and I really can't see any way of saving it in the single remaining movie of the trilogy.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2019 11:20 PM
Click here to Send Kickballjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Kickballjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kickballjedi
I haven't been on the forums in a long time, but I wanted to log in after a few years absence to see how KMC was reacting to the New Trilogy. Very entertaining as usual.

Here is my opinion- The New Movies have made the PT look better to me. I know, I know, but hear me out. 1 thing the PT did was explain EVERYTHING. By the end of RotS you know the Death Star is under construction, the Jedi are all but extinct, the Empire is in control, the stormtrooper clone army enforces the Empire, and there is the hint at a Rebellion starting. You knew the wonder twins are split up on Tatooine and Alderaan, you know Obi-Wan and Yoda are hiding out. When Episode 4 begins, you know where everything stands, why the Galaxy is the way it is.

I have no f-ing clue what has happened between RotJ and TFA. How is the First Order so powerful? Where did they get the funds to build a planet-sized, sun-sucking weapon? How did the "resistance" allow it to be built under their noses? Why doesn't the New Republic have a massive military force to keep the peace? Why isn't Han a general? Why isn't Leia the Chancellor of the New Senate? I'm so confused!

When I look at how much I've changed over the last 30 years, I think to myself- "Wow I've grown and achieved a lot!" An awesome job, cool car, beautiful wife and son, a big house. 20 years ago I was single living in a 1 room efficiency. These characters are the heroes who helped Save the Galaxy- they should be leaders and celebrities, they should guide the future of the republic and squash any evil Empire that threatens the new peace they created. It makes no sense! By the end TLJ when the "Rebels" are seeking help from other worlds, I'm thinking to myself "What are they rebels of? The New Order hasn't taken over the Galaxy. They just blew up a whole system, billions of lives, nobody would want to join with that!" Then I wonder how the New Order had enough funds for The Starkiller Base (destroyed), the Dreadnought (destroyed), the Supremacy a Mega-Class Star Destroyer (destroyed). This trilogy makes no sense so far and I really can't see any way of saving it in the single remaining movie of the trilogy.

As per TLJ, the FO basically controls the galaxy now after wiping out pretty much the entirety of the New Republic back in TFA which conveniently the entire NR fleet was at the capital. The NR also demilitarized themselves because, so of course it was easy to wipe them all out in one go and everything goes back to square 1. So much for all the sacrificing the Rebel Alliance did throughout the GCW.

Also all of your questions are basically answered in a bunch of supplement novels, games and so on.

Although even if you looked into them for the info, it's pretty....ehhhh....no one really in the NR gave a **** about a supposed FO building power because they weren't believing it, hence why Leia started the Resistance. Han just became a deadbeat dad and left everything after Kylo fell, it's just all.....ugh.

Legends has just been basically better in the aspect of moving on and showing changes without destroying pretty much everything that came before it.

Also the GCW didn't end in a total of 1 year after the Battle of Endor, that really irritates me to no end that this New Canon did that.

Last edited by Zenwolf on Feb 7th, 2019 at 01:02 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2019 12:53 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote