KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Ranking Canon Force-Users

Ranking Canon Force-Users
Started by: Geistalt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1
lol soo many people missed that

I missed that the first time. And it made me hate the movie.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Provided you can afford to waste bunch of massive capital-class cruisers, yeah.

Regardless in Legends lightspeed ramming can fracture planetary cores, an active fusion reactor impacting at faster than the speed of light would do that, kek.

One cruiser for an entire fleet and a dreadnaught? Works.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 04:52 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Nephthys
I still prefer the explanation that going to hyperspace takes time to set up and the enemy can sense you do it so its a pretty easy thing to just move slightly out of the way and laugh as they pancake into a moon.

Hux just ignored it through overconfidence.

Or being a dumb***...probably both...both. Hell that one random Imperial captain in ESB when his ISD was about to crash right into another was better at making quick calls than Hux who by comparison had all the time in the world.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 04:55 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Nonsense

Are you saying Rey isn't the master we've always wanted, Ellimist?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 06:36 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It honestly seems like you put these names into a random assortment generator and posted the results.

It's my ranking, feel free to disagree.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
It honestly seems like you put these names into a random assortment generator and posted the results.

Eh, I don't see how the first half of his list is implausible.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 07:23 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Eh, I don't see how the first half of his list is implausible.

No worries mate, he is just trying to troll me because I didn't accept his non-canon ranking system.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:09 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Ah, shit, I actually forgot that was that guy.

I knew the list sounded familiar, LOL.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2017 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Not including entities or Talzin/etc. ('cause not sure), using realized power:

Luke Skywalker
Darth Sidious
Yoda
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Vader
Mace Windu
Snoke
Dooku
Obi Wan
Rey/Kylo
Ahsoka/Maul

Question: Why is Snoke beneath Vader if Rey and Kylo are above Ahsoka and Maul? In the context of canon, I don't think there's a chance in hell ROTJ Vader would treat Maul or Ahsoka in the way Snoke treated Rey. Unless you're gonna argue Rey's power level is inconsistent/unreliable.

Anyways, my list is something like:

Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sidious
Master Yoda
Luke/Snoke
Snoke/Luke
Master Windu
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku
Rey/Kylo

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 03:29 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

I still don’t know where to place TLJ Luke, so I’ll leave him out for now. Same goes for Bendu because I didn’t watch the episodes where he appears. So, hoping I i’m not forgetting anyone:

1)Darth Sidious
2) Yoda
3) Talzin (Dathomir amp)
4) Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
5) Mace Windu
6) Darth Tyranus
7) Quinlan Vos
8) Obi Wan Kenobi
9) Darth Maul
10) Ahsoka Tano
11) Assajj Ventress
12) Savage Oppress
Etc
Tbh I still view Rey/Kylo and the Inquisitors below councilors such as Plo Koon, Fisto etc

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 03:50 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthDuelist9

Painful.

Check out my new Kylo Ren Site! http://darthduelist9.wixsite.com/kylo-ren

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 03:58 PM
Click here to Send DarthDuelist9 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthDuelist9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordOfTheLight

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Question: Why is Snoke beneath Vader if Rey and Kylo are above Ahsoka and Maul? In the context of canon, I don't think there's a chance in hell ROTJ Vader would treat Maul or Ahsoka in the way Snoke treated Rey. Unless you're gonna argue Rey's power level is inconsistent/unreliable.

Anakin Skywalker
Darth Sidious
Master Yoda
Luke/Snoke
Snoke/Luke
Master Windu
Darth Vader
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku
Rey/Kylo

Why do you have Obi Wan above Dooku? And why is Maul so low so as to be below Kylo/Rey( assuming you didn't forget him in the list)?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 05:47 PM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

1. Father

2.Son/ Daughter

4. Yoda/Sidious
6. Anakin (Zonakin)
7. Talzin

8. Peak Vader
9. Dooku/Mace Windu

Honorable Mention: Luke Skywalker, Snoke

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 10:33 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Lord Stark
1. Father

2.Son/ Daughter

4. Yoda/Sidious
6. Anakin (Zonakin)
7. Talzin

8. Peak Vader
9. Dooku/Mace Windu

Honorable Mention: Luke Skywalker, Snoke

How is Luke below Dooku? In RotJ he was matching blows with Vader with like a year and a half of training.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 10:59 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

How is Luke below Dooku? In RotJ he was matching blows with Vader with like a year and a half of training.

1. That's pretty much prime Luke in canon.
2. That was a sabers only contest, at no point (even off screen or in Legends) does Luke contend with Vader's force prowess. For example, TCW Kenobi can match and indeed defeat Maul in raw sabers but is inferior force wise.

That being said, this does not preclude Luke or Snoke for that matter from being added to the list once the canon embellishes their feats a bit.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:05 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I do sort of expect future canon material to end the "Luke is weak" claims, but I could be wrong.

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Rey's power level is pretty inconsistent, likely as a result of having such a high lantent power : training ratio. I mean she defeats Kylo Ren in a duel but then when she's practicing in TLJ awkwardly swings her lightsaber around and looks like she might hurt herself.

I'm also not sure if Rey really understands how to defend herself in the Force, though given she learns everything else magically I guess she may know that too.

But you do make a good point - not sure if we should move Snoke up or Rey/Kylo down. It's sort of implied that Vader > Snoke but hey, maybe Snoke admires Vader despite being stronger than him. Kylo might be weaker than Maul or Ahsoka but it seems contrary to his potential + training.

quote:

Anakin Skywalker

It really depends on what metric you're using. If the metric is "who would win in a fight" or "who has greater mastery of the Force?", there's a reason Yoda thought Obi Wan could go kill Vader but would never stand a chance against Palpatine. But Anakin likely has more Force power than Sidious.

quote:

Darth Sidious
Master Yoda

Uh, unless if Disney comes out to retcon Luke's Force potential (unlikely as they ran with the Skywalker-uber-potential line with Kylo), I don't see how he hasn't surpassed these two by TLJ or whenever he was in his prime. A scarcity of feats doesn't mean we conclude weakness, it means we fall back on other sources like the aforementioned.

quote:

Luke/Snoke
Snoke/Luke

The Visual Dictionary says that Snoke thinks only a Skywalker can kill Luke, which not only implies Luke > Snoke but also that Luke has reached enough of his potential that the likes of Yoda likely can't beat him.

quote:

Master Windu
Darth Vader

How is Windu > Vader in canon?

quote:

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Count Dooku

Huh?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:08 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Lord Stark
1. That's pretty much prime Luke in canon.

Based on Mark's statement? Because I see no reason to think that actor statements are canon, and if they are we might as well use George Lucas's words that more or less state that Luke > Yoda/Sidious (he doesn't own Star Wars anymore...but neither does Mark).

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:10 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

More importantly, Mark can easily be referring to Luke's situation at the start of the film, not at the end.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Based on Mark's statement? Because I see no reason to think that actor statements are canon, and if they are we might as well use George Lucas's words that more or less state that Luke > Yoda/Sidious (he doesn't own Star Wars anymore...but neither does Mark).

Eh I mean Mark's statement is part of it, but more along the lines of we don't really have many feats for Luke at this point, and his greatest ones are certainly as of ROTJ.

The North Remembers

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2017 11:22 PM