KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What gets you out of bed in the morning?

What gets you out of bed in the morning?
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

This isn't so much asking what you think the meaning of life is, although it's related. But what is your reason for living? Why do you do the things you do? Do you even think about it? You even need a reason? Is there a grand purpose in mind?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:26 AM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Re: What gets you out of bed in the morning?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
But what is your reason for living?
To have a good time, and reach my current goals. Like, I'm not living to becomea doctor in 15 years, but to do something with friends on the weekend, to watch a new interesting TV series etc.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 01:51 AM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Do you want me to answer your question and enlighten you ILS. You really don't deserve an answer since you promised a Trek/Wars debate but I'm feeling merficul right now.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:00 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you want me to answer your question and enlighten you ILS. You really don't deserve an answer since you promised a Trek/Wars debate but I'm feeling merficul right now.
Please grant me your merfy and enlighten me.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:01 AM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ILS
Please grant me your merfy and enlighten me.
Will you do the debate if I do ? Its just Ot vs three trek films. There's nothing to it.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:02 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

No bribes

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:05 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ILS
No bribes
That isn't a bribe you've agreed via pm. I still have it. Why won't you honor your word.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:07 AM
MythLord
Diamond

The fact that I can't sleep anymore and my stomach demands food.

Honestly, if I could, I'd prolly sleep forever.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 09:02 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
The fact that I can't sleep anymore and my stomach demands food.

Honestly, if I could, I'd prolly sleep forever.

There's a way to do that you know wink

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:00 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

generalplan ost

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Last edited by Tzeentch on Jan 10th, 2018 at 02:04 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:01 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I take the optimization of happy conscious states as an axiomatic moral good, so if getting out of bed will make myself and/or others happier in the long run, I see no reason not to do it.

More practically I think the five second rule combined with meditation, good sleeping habits and a morning routine is very helpful.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 02:24 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

5 second rule is a myth, the food gets contaminated instantly. Weird that you live by it though. Do you usually eat stuff off the ground? Do you drop alot of stuff?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:30 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
5 second rule is a myth, the food gets contaminated instantly. Weird that you live by it though. Do you usually eat stuff off the ground? Do you drop alot of stuff?
I do believe he's very uncoordinated and extremely clumsy. His internet status is what he continues to brag to his mother about. He also seems to be happy giving others what they want aka an unapologetic cuck.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 04:36 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Lord Lucien

For any readers and in the case that you're being serious, I linked to a different five second rule about how to get yourself to do something, not the food-on-the-ground one.

EDIT: also sufficient exposure to sunlight.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Jan 10th, 2018 at 08:05 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:00 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Re: What gets you out of bed in the morning?

Originally posted by ILS
This isn't so much asking what you think the meaning of life is, although it's related. But what is your reason for living? Why do you do the things you do? Do you even think about it? You even need a reason? Is there a grand purpose in mind?

What gets me out of bed in the morning? Why that is very simple. The desire to get back in again after taking a good long morning shit and a piss.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 09:10 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm a tad offended that the OP presumes I own a bed. Informing people on how wrong they always are gets me out of... floor.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 10:48 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

I sleep on a mattress on the floor, I have you know. What gets me out of “bed” at noon is usually the need to take a piss.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 01:48 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Originally posted by Kurk
There's a way to do that you know wink

I've tried, but someone usually stops me.

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2018 10:03 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alarm clock.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2018 10:01 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robtardshit
Restricted

Account Restricted

the fact that there are normies i can piss off

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 04:23 PM
robtardshit is currently offline Click here to Send robtardshit a Private Message Find more posts by robtardshit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote