KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tkitna

Was cool to see Maeve finally do something

By Stoic

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2020 05:12 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So who do we think the head popper is? I have two possible theories: one is Mr. Edgar. He was curiously absent from the courtroom.

The other is that church of collective leader. He wants to get A-Train back on the 7 and I noticed the only Supe that got popped was Supersonic. With Starlight also gone, that leaves 2 spots open for A-Train and Deep.

Yet it is highly suspicious Edgar was not there.

Last edited by Surtur on Oct 4th, 2020 at 09:05 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 09:03 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, Church Guy is my guess. Him or the lady that recruited The Deep in.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 09:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
So who do we think the head popper is? I have two possible theories: one is Mr. Edgar. He was curiously absent from the courtroom.

The other is that church of collective leader. He wants to get A-Train back on the 7 and I noticed the only Supe that got popped was Supersonic. With Starlight also gone, that leaves 2 spots open for A-Train and Deep.

Yet it is highly suspicious Edgar was not there.

well he does possess the darksaber big grin

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 4th, 2020 10:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The head popping scene was such a homage to scanners.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 11:58 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I liked Ashley screaming "DO SOMETHING YOU'RE SUPERHEROES". I was expecting her to get her head exploded, but she made it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 01:50 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Surtur
So who do we think the head popper is?
Kimiko.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 02:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be a weird twist.

Tho you would think she'd pop Stormfront then.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2020 09:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

If Mr. Edgar can pop heads from long distance, that would be a great power. I don't think he's a supe though, unless you consider being a massive dickhead a super power.

I'd assume Alastair Adana, or another member of his church doing it under his orders.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 05:09 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

It’s Mesmer back from the dead and with new and improved powers.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 05:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was Vought trying to create a supe that could pass on his powers? Was that why Homelander turned out so powerful? And was able to have a super powered kid, when nobody else ever has. Since Stormfront has been alive for over a century and his son was the first natural supe she had met.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2020 07:02 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

loved the season finale.. as a whole i loved this season

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 02:47 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well, I didn't see that coming. Good ep.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 03:11 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Overall this season was a disappointment. It was decent but a big downgrade from Season 1.

And the way everything was resolved [SPOILER - highlight to read]: through blackmail was ridiculous. Why didn't Homelander kill Maeve right there and destroy the evidence?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 04:03 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ares834
Overall this season was a disappointment. It was decent but a big downgrade from Season 1.

And the way everything was resolved [SPOILER - highlight to read]: through blackmail was ridiculous. Why didn't Homelander kill Maeve right there and destroy the evidence?

He probably assumed she had made arrangements to make it public if anything happened to her. That would be the smart thing to do, although she made no mention of it.

I suppose it is also possible he didn't want to straight up murder someone in front of his kid. It's hard to figure out if he cares about the kid or if he wants the kid to like him because he wants *everyone* to like him. He did sort of look uncomfortable when Stormfront was talking to Ryan about "white genocide".

Old Post Oct 9th, 2020 01:14 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

What makes me laugh is there is a far more solid argument for a "SJW", liberal and feminist agenda in the boys (there is none of that in it either) than in most of the supposedly SJW/Feminazi shows and films, but no one makes it because they like Butcher and Co. We have toxic masculinity exposed, we have females in charge everywhere and constantly turning men to "cucks" etc. we have a Trumpist s/white supremacist agenda etc. Funny stuff/great show and I love the political messages. "We shouldn't have to say Nazi's are bad in 2020, but Nazi's are bad!", says the African American guy! Love it!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2020 12:22 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Homelander when he hears Stormfront use the term "white genocide" :

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 02:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
What makes me laugh is there is a far more solid argument for a "SJW", liberal and feminist agenda in the boys (there is none of that in it either) than in most of the supposedly SJW/Feminazi shows and films, but no one makes it because they like Butcher and Co. We have toxic masculinity exposed, we have females in charge everywhere and constantly turning men to "cucks" etc. we have a Trumpist s/white supremacist agenda etc. Funny stuff/great show and I love the political messages. "We shouldn't have to say Nazi's are bad in 2020, but Nazi's are bad!", says the African American guy! Love it!

What makes me laugh is they took their version of AOC and made her evil. I shit you not: folk are whining cuz of that. Cuz it was so obviously a take on AOC(Homelander saying she was cute dancing to walk like an egyptian, etc.) that making her evil just is "problematic".

At least according to articles written on the Mary Sue and Slate. Lol. These people can rob the joy out of anything. They'd take a bite of the best tasting hamburger in the world and worry about if the cow suffered. Makes me smile.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 02:06 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!

I honestly felt like the show was trying to do a South Park-esque "we'll take shots at everyone" kind of thing.

Like the "girls get it done" part... when it wasn't the girls that beat Stormfront in the end. It was a little boy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:05 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

So am I incorrect in thinking that Homelander’s kid is probably more powerful than he is based on the fact that his laser eyes were able to really **** up Stormfront, while Homelander’s didn’t really do much to her?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2020 08:26 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote