KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Less than 3 weeks to go:

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
looks good.. can't wait
What Bruce said.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 17th, 2022 09:36 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

S03E01 So wrong, but so right! You'll be bummed if you miss it. shifty

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2022 07:12 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Oh man, this release snuck up on me!

Don't know when I'll have time to watch it, though.

I had no shows to watch for a long time, and now I have three... Stranger Things, The Orville, and The Boys!

I don't have time for any.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 05:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

watched the first episode last night.. will watch eppys 2 and 3 later this evening and give my opinion on all 3 episodes

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 4th, 2022 09:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

I don't know what it is with Ennis adaptations being changed so much from the source material that they're unlike anything Ennis would actually write.

Not to say The Boys is a bad show, I actually enjoyed every single episode. It simply lacks his stamp on it.

Homelander being a legitimate threat. Heroes actually having some dignity. Billy Butcher being an edge lord. Hughie losing his Scottish charm to become a milquetoast American yuppie.

Lot of changes, none of the Ennis touch to them.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 01:15 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

lol^^^^^

the level of violence this show has keeps me constantly coming back for more

the hope the entire season is just like the first three episodes

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 03:20 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol^^^^^

the level of violence this show has keeps me constantly coming back for more

the hope the entire season is just like the first three episodes
really enjoyed Homelanders monologue about what he could actually do to the world.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 11:47 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
really enjoyed Homelanders monologue about what he could actually do to the world.

homelander being unhinged is awesome

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 08:09 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

homelander being unhinged is awesome
it is indeed thumb up

Old Post Jun 5th, 2022 08:27 PM
wakkawakkawakka

Didn't think unhinged Homelander would be this early in the season but I'm down for it.

Wonder what Edgar's plan is for PR considering his actually thought on the Supes

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 04:07 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Was good, shows us he's been entertaining the idea and ironing out all the details in his head.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 08:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Was good, shows us he's been entertaining the idea and ironing out all the details in his head.
have you ever read miracle man 15 and 16 Rob?

https://comiconlinefree.net/miracleman-1985/issue-15

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 09:10 PM
cdtm

I have.

Was disappointed in the deus ex mechanica Warp Smiths tbh. Should have found some other way to stop him, that didn't rely on a newly introduced character with a perfect superpower.

Everything else was great though.

Everyone else sees the Pantheon end game as a warning. Me, I say bring it on. What's so bad about superpowered beings creating an actual utopia on earth, which is something mainstream heroes could have done but don't.

It doesn't need to be Injustice. Miracle Man is Injustice done right.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Jun 6th, 2022 at 10:02 PM

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 10:00 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

I've read zero Miracleman

Old Post Jun 6th, 2022 11:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The dick hole scene in ep.1 got me.

Digging it so far though.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 12:36 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Moore's is fantastic.

Gaiman is hit and miss.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 01:35 AM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is the definitive Superman gone mad book. Worth a look.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 06:54 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Galan007
The dick hole scene in ep.1 got me.

Digging it so far though.

that was the best part in ep 1

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 08:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Bunch of dick-hole lovers, the lot of you.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2022 09:55 PM
Stringer

I love it. I can’t wait for the new episode

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Jun 8th, 2022 04:06 AM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote