KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Boys (Amazon)

The Boys (Amazon)
Started by: Dreampanther

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 23 24 [25] 26 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

this show is fracking great.

i love the ultra-violence that the show has

tonight soldier boy when he butchered that guy.. hot damn

also delving into butchers past was good to see

never ever a fan of jurson urkles i mean jensen ackles but he has been real good

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2022 04:04 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So is the underlying theme here that Stormfront is technically Homelander's mother?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2022 12:16 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

A very disappointing final.

The biggest issue this season is the show tries so hard to make us side with Starlight and MM and I just... don't. Homelander is threatening to destroy cities, dismantle gov'ts, and conquer the Earth as a sorta god-king. He needs to be put down. I find this "moral high grounding" in the face of this apocalyptic threat to be ridiculous. Had they actually worked with Soldier Boy this episode, HL would have been defeated. Then the Boys could turn on SB and take him.

Which Leads to me next issue, the show keeps talking about how terrible and bad Soldier Boy is, but we never really see it. And the stuff it does mention is no worse then what most of the members of the Seven have done. Like in this episode, MM calls SB a racist but I don't recall see anything to indicate as such. In fact, quite the opposite considering he has a lot of respect for Bill Cosby and the Mujahideen fighters.

Finally, this entire season was just the show spinning wheels. Almost nothing was resolved and we are still at where we were at the start of the season.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 07:22 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

The only thing I can think of against SB in regards to racist was perhaps his throw away line of "Which one?" to MM after he told him that he killed his family. Maybe it was 'black people are rolling stones'?

Likely it wouldn't surprise me to find he said something about other races in America though.

So, why is anyone afraid of Homelander? Maeve seemed to have a little more trouble against Stormfront. And what was that random piece of metal that penetrated Homelander? "Every weapon on Earth." Really? Even a random Temp V user gives him trouble.

Will Black Noir be a clone next season? 😄

Finally, if Homelander is a marginally tougher version of SB and Homelander is far from invincible, why not dismantle SB once they incapacitated him?

Last edited by lft4ded on Jul 8th, 2022 at 01:10 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 01:04 PM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Maybe I missed something but I still don't know where the SB being a racist angle came from. Considering Noir take of SB being an indiscriminate bully towards his team the most I took away from M.M's situation is that his family just had the misfortune of having Soldier Boy cross their path. Collateral damage from Supes is known to be common in the series.

Idiot Deep and Irredeemable A-Train we're fun for a bit but didn't go anywhere.

I do find it funny how things are sort of worse than before now as a result of the moral high road Starlight and M. M are on. Homelander now know that the public will love him regardless of his unhinged behavior and he even has Ryan back.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 03:51 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

So, let me get this straight. SoldierBoy accidentally kills a few civilians he's suddenly a mass murderer who can't be trusted. He wants revenge on the people who betrayed, and tried to kill him so he's a psychopath.

Meanwhile, M.M. is completely okay person, who wants to kill SB because he killed his father... Or Homelander needs to die because he's okay with killing people to get what he wants. BUT using SB to kill Homelander is somehow wrong, because others might get hurt...in Vought.. the people who cover up countless murders by supers all the time, who show even less remorse than SB did over him exploding when he first got back to America.

I get M.M.'s point of view. Because it would be like Butcher working with Homelander. But I can't get behind Starlight being able to work with Maeve but not SoldierBoy.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2022 04:06 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Arachnid1
It was a fun episode to watch, but it honestly feels like the story writers are just kind of making things up as they go. At least the comic felt like things were more connected with a point to it all.
This finale just reinforced this same point for me. TBH I've felt like this since season 2. There is no real plan. Everyone raving about how the show improves on the story from the comic is completely wrong (not that the comic was really amazing on this front either, but it's leagues beyond the show).

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Jul 9th, 2022 at 01:08 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 01:06 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

pretty good season finale.. starlight had some power finally. Soldier Boy, well glad he done. I suspect Homelander's kid will be pat of the boys spin off show.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 03:03 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

Originally posted by Arachnid1
This finale just reinforced this same point for me. TBH I've felt like this since season 2. There is no real plan. Everyone raving about how the show improves on the story from the comic is completely wrong (not that the comic was really amazing on this front either, but it's leagues beyond the show).

The comic at least makes sense, this show is all over the place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 02:37 PM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

It's funny how this landed in my YouTube recommendations right after finishing season 3 of The Boys.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2022 06:10 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Originally posted by Kento
So, let me get this straight. SoldierBoy accidentally kills a few civilians he's suddenly a mass murderer who can't be trusted. He wants revenge on the people who betrayed, and tried to kill him so he's a psychopath

No, no. I remember reading in the show notes. SB was quite casually against civil rights for blacks. Reference his actual appearances as told by The Legend when he revealed the truth to Hughie.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 01:35 PM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

GOD, GUNS, & HOMELANDER!

It was a good finale, but not a great one. I would have actually preferred a little less boom, punch, pow, and more tense acting.

But the political satire with Homelander in the last scene is spot on.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2022 08:23 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
GOD, GUNS, & HOMELANDER!

It was a good finale, but not a great one. I would have actually preferred a little less boom, punch, pow, and more tense acting.

Rightist are crying over the show cos they've just recently realized Homelander is a bit of a parody of Trump, zero scruples, super-massive ego, has power, but completely insecure and whines like a little b*tch.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ghtwing-fanbase

But the political satire with Homelander in the last scene is spot on.

Bingo. I legit laughed out loud.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Jul 11th, 2022 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 09:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Robtard
Rightist are crying over the show cos they've just recently realized Homelander is a bit of a parody of Trump, zero scruples, super-massive ego, has power, but completely insecure and whines like a little b*tch.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...ghtwing-fanbase

Yeah, I saw an article about that a while back. It makes the show just that much sweeter. It's crazy because you could tell he was the "bad guy" a long time ago. Like the plane going down, which became an important plot element. And he's obviously a parody of American patriotism just looking at his costume. So I feel like you had to be damn near brain dead not to see it coming.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2022 09:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

So it was kind of dumb that Butcher suddenly changed his mind because the kid got in the way.

I get that the writers needed a way to save Homelander, but it seems to me that Butcher would have seen it as taking out two birds with one stone.

Because the kid will probably grow up to be another super powerful evil little shit anyway.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 02:11 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Also reminder that Butcher had no issues with blowing up Madelyn's kid in season 1.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 07:26 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Kento
So, let me get this straight. SoldierBoy accidentally kills a few civilians he's suddenly a mass murderer who can't be trusted. He wants revenge on the people who betrayed, and tried to kill him so he's a psychopath.

Meanwhile, M.M. is completely okay person, who wants to kill SB because he killed his father... Or Homelander needs to die because he's okay with killing people to get what he wants. BUT using SB to kill Homelander is somehow wrong, because others might get hurt...in Vought.. the people who cover up countless murders by supers all the time, who show even less remorse than SB did over him exploding when he first got back to America.

I get M.M.'s point of view. Because it would be like Butcher working with Homelander. But I can't get behind Starlight being able to work with Maeve but not SoldierBoy.
It's made even worse by the fact that as Starlight and friends are pearl clutching over Vought workers getting killed in the crossfight, Kimiko is actively slaughtering Vought security guards four floors down at the exact same time, with pop music in the background.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 07:32 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

So it was kind of dumb that Butcher suddenly changed his mind because the kid got in the way.

I get that the writers needed a way to save Homelander, but it seems to me that Butcher would have seen it as taking out two birds with one stone.

Because the kid will probably grow up to be another super powerful evil little shit anyway.

Yeah, and Butcher even told Maeve in an earlier episode that "all" supes had to go. Butcher is a hypocrite. He is more than happy to kill anyone who doesn't matter to him, personally, even if they don't deserve it (like trying to murder Starlight with a high-powered rifle in an earlier season) but will lie to and backstab his own allies when someone he actually does care about is in trouble.

And chances are that the blast wouldn't even have killed Ryan, seeing as both Maeve and Kimiko survived and only lost their powers. It was only the weaker supes who were outright killed by it, while Ryan is a 3rd generation supe from Soldier Boy and Homelander's lineage.

Overall, I liked S3, but the finale really was a bit of a mess.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 10:12 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I thought the whole thing with Butcher not wanting Ryan in the way was due to his wife Becca.

Which reminds me...I know why Hughie couldn't do it but I fell like his temp V teleport powers would've been more useful than whatever it was that Starlight did.

Considering he's be strong enough to get Ryan out the building once he turned up letting Butcher, Maeve and SB blow up Homelander...or depower him at least.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 08:17 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Also reminder that Butcher had no issues with blowing up Madelyn's kid in season 1.
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Yeah, and Butcher even told Maeve in an earlier episode that "all" supes had to go. Butcher is a hypocrite. He is more than happy to kill anyone who doesn't matter to him, personally, even if they don't deserve it (like trying to murder Starlight with a high-powered rifle in an earlier season) but will lie to and backstab his own allies when someone he actually does care about is in trouble.

And chances are that the blast wouldn't even have killed Ryan, seeing as both Maeve and Kimiko survived and only lost their powers. It was only the weaker supes who were outright killed by it, while Ryan is a 3rd generation supe from Soldier Boy and Homelander's lineage.

That's what makes me think that the show won't age well if you try to go back and watch it again from the beginning. Butcher being a bit inconsistent.

And yeah, I thought Maeve was going to be toast after her fall and explosion with Soldier Boy. Dead for sure. That was odd.

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Overall, I liked S3, but the finale really was a bit of a mess.

Same. The rest of the season was killer.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I thought the whole thing with Butcher not wanting Ryan in the way was due to his wife Becca.

Yeah, that's what the writers came up with. Something about him making a promise to her, but it's kind of dumb. If he was as serious about taking out Homelander as he has typically been, he shouldn't have cared about the kid. I don't think he was even that close to the kid, was he? Besides, the kid is basically Homelander's Mini-Me, so he needs to go too.

Basically it seems there could have been a way to keep Homelander from being killed without ruining Butcher's character. That really was disappointing.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2022 08:44 PM