KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Incest

Incest
Started by: Gideun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gideun

Incest

Why do you think incest is bad from a moral viewpoint? I'm not talking about the genetical stuff. We all know it's bad for the close genetic relatives to multiply, that one is obvious.

But what about the moral viewpoint? Why do you think it's bad in case of morals, assuming full consent of both parties of course and both being grown up (even more obvious)?

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:42 PM
Gideun is currently offline Click here to Send Gideun a Private Message Find more posts by Gideun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

I mean, morally I don't really think it's... wrong? Not any more than other sexuality's, assuming both adults are consenting.

I think it's seen as morally wrong because people like to demonize other people's sexuality or choices. Of course, there is the inbreeding problem, which is why it's certainly not a very healthy practice.

Regardless, it's not like it's zoophilia or pedophilia, or something like that. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I personally don't think it should be anyone else's business what you do in privacy... Regardless of how repulsive the idea would be to me personally. /shrug

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 08:45 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Incest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gideun
Why do you think incest is bad from a moral viewpoint?
It's not.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 12:41 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It just seems weird. I dunno. Plus if it is normalized, how long until they wanna be able to have their retarded babies?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 12:43 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Anyone who is against incest has never had a hot cousin.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 08:10 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by BackFire

Was that pun intentional?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 12:50 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Originally posted by BackFire

I've had your hot cousin *bah dum tis*

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 06:53 AM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The.D0minator
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Incest

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's not.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2018 03:33 PM
The.D0minator is currently offline Click here to Send The.D0minator a Private Message Find more posts by The.D0minator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Depends. In the case of parent-child incest, for example, I think there's certainly some moral questions that should be raised.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2018 02:38 AM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Nah. Legal ones, sure. Psychologically damaging, yeah. Moral... no.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:02 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

As others have pointed out, I think the landscape gets muddy around the consent issue. A parent-child relationship, even once the child can legally consent, is just a difficult relationship to examine.

We're talking potential situations where the life-long caregiver and primary authority figure raises their soon-to-be lover from birth. It's hard to imagine full agency from the child, even with a particularly conscientious parent.

It might be the most extreme scenario, but a possibility nonetheless.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 12th, 2018 at 01:47 AM

Old Post Apr 12th, 2018 01:44 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
I think it's seen as morally wrong because people like to demonize other people's sexuality or choices. Of course, there is the inbreeding problem, which is why it's certainly not a very healthy practice.

Regardless, it's not like it's zoophilia or pedophilia, or something like that. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I personally don't think it should be anyone else's business what you do in privacy... Regardless of how repulsive the idea would be to me personally. /shrug

Why isn't it like zoophilia or pedophilia?

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:40 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by ESB -1138
Why isn't it like zoophilia or pedophilia?
Because animals and children are not typically sufficiently mentally-equipped to consent to and handle a sexual encounter with a human adult is the reasoning I'd imagine.

Whereas my hot as phuck cousin Kim is perfectly mentally capable of handling a night with her sweet cousin Neme.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:45 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Sounds like there are going to be some webbed toed kids in somebody's future.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:46 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I doubt that, Kimmy has about two or three years before she gets her first ovulation so I have some time.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:51 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

About the same time you will be getting out of prison.

Which will probably NOT Help your Ovulation cycle...

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:53 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by NemeBro
Because animals and children are not typically sufficiently mentally-equipped to consent to and handle a sexual encounter with a human adult is the reasoning I'd imagine.

So one can't consent until their mid-twenties? That's when the frontal lobe (aka the rational part of the brain) is fully developed? Or do you draw the line earlier and if so, then where and why?

This may seem odd but when you have News Outlets like Salon who are trying to mainstream pedophilia (among others), you begin to see why we should question such things.

And just to avoid confusion, I'm 100% against incest and pedophilia.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 02:55 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by ESB -1138
And just to avoid confusion, I'm 100% against incest and pedophilia.

How brave.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 03:47 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is being a degenerate moral?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 03:53 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
How brave.

Thanks wink big grin

Old Post May 14th, 2018 04:05 PM