KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » My Artwork

My Artwork
Started by: ESB -1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

My Artwork

So I've decided to upload some images here. Some are paintings. So will be quick sketches. Some are drawings I did using a Huion drawing pad. And I'll explain what needs to be explained for the drawings. Some may be looks into some magic routines I have been working on to include into my music set list. I'll give you my idea on how I approach the magic routine right now. I have two rules when it comes to forming that routine:

1.) It must be done from or near my piano/keyboard. This is more of a means to avoid having to take up too much space because not every venue is spacious. If I can be self-contained it makes things easier for me and also will prevent any unnecessary mistakes like tripping on some cord.

2.) It must be able to be performed solo and without explanation. In other words, silent. The reason is I'm focused on forward momentum when it comes to my set list. I pace it out like a movie. And you can't just pause the movie because it'll ruin the pacing. So instead I decided to focus on illusions that can be quick so I can splice them into the songs where I don't have to sing and play the piano. I'll let the backing tracks (bass and drums) serve to fill the silence.

So with that said, this first piece is a painting I did. I cleaned it up a bit using technology. Basically it'll serve as an album cover once I have worked out all the songs I want to put on it.

Attachment: 23795917_392544841179567_1886734432960724185_n.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:12 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

And I would be remiss if I didn't add some sketches out of my sketch book. This is of the retired wrestler Sting (Steve Borden). The former 6 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion and 2 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion (once under Jim Crockett Promotions and the other under TNA) was and still is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. His transformation from the surfer gimmick to the crow was probably the greatest reinvention of a character in all of professional wrestling. Because he took a character that was popular and worked so well and evolved it when he really didn't need to.

Attachment: sting.jpg

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:16 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

And this sketch is of the band REM from the music video "Losing My Religion." According to Michael Stipe, the title of the song came from the old Southern saying of "Lost my religion." But the song has nothing to do with religion, according to Stipe, but is about unrequited love. Someone reaching out to someone and then pulling away and all the while you have no idea if that someone even knows if you exist. The music video was gorgeous and I did a few sketches based on that music video.

I didn't add detail because I wanted to focus on the shadows instead. I wanted to see how much I could add to the depth of the drawing with just shadows.

Attachment: rem.jpg

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:18 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

A painting I did (using Huion drawing pad this time) of the guitarist from the beautycore band Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh.

Attachment: cj painting.jpg

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:02 PM
Vanguard

I really like Sting.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2018 10:03 PM
Vanguard is currently offline Click here to Send Vanguard a Private Message Find more posts by Vanguard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vanguard
I really like Sting.

He's still one of my favorites! Happy Dance Happy Dance

Another one from an REM music video

Attachment: losing my religion.jpg

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 02:56 AM
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Pretty good. I can only do pencil work myself. painting is hard and time consuming. Keep it up

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 08:28 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Comic book I'm working on titled: The Judgment of Celestial.

Attachment: untitled.jpg

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:02 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Main characters:
River Branford, a mildly Autistic man who is a skilled musician. River is an introverted, cold, and taciturn teenager who pushes away those who would otherwise be considered his friends. Age 17.

Leyna Rhodes, a compassionate, warm, and friendly teenager. Although she can act stubborn and naïve. Age 17.

Attachment: characters.jpg

Old Post May 19th, 2018 02:06 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I changed the art style up. Instead of an anime look, I've decided to make it more realistic.

Attachment: first look.jpg

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 09:44 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Cover page. Definitely going for that noir style look.

Attachment: cover.jpg

Old Post May 24th, 2018 01:26 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Just need to add text to this page and it's done

Attachment: page 01.jpg

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:44 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Just something I've been working on

Attachment: kidnapping in the park.png

Old Post Jul 6th, 2018 02:39 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Is that Spinelli from Recess talking to Bizarro Hey Arnold?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2018 12:13 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote