KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Started by: Nemesis X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Fair enough on the character suggestions, but Castlevania fans are lucky to get a character at all, let alone two, so I wouldnt be that picky about Richter. I mean I wouldve liked if Dark Samus was executed at her fullest unique potential, but yknow, still happy to have her. The whole echo fighters branding was a good way of painting moveset clone characters in a more acceptable light, IMO.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 09:37 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Fair enough on the character suggestions, but Castlevania fans are lucky to get a character at all, let alone two, so I wouldnt be that picky about Richter. I mean I wouldve liked if Dark Samus was executed at her fullest unique potential, but yknow, still happy to have her. The whole echo fighters branding was a good way of painting moveset clone characters in a more acceptable light, IMO.
true, but one is enough other than a character that is in te same exact game with the same abilities pretty much. at least dark samus has more variety in games that it starred in.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 10:23 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

bump

Old Post Sep 17th, 2018 05:03 PM
victreebelvictr is currently offline Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

And here is Smash Ultimate's first DLC character:

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Nov 2nd, 2018 at 07:21 AM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:07 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Taken from the older previous Smash thread...

Bathing in the salt of K. Rool and Ridley haters will probably never stop being satisfying, at least until Ultimate's release anyway.

I'm a known unrepentant Smash hater, I only cared before because I'm a pokemon freak and I have pokken now

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 07:58 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bentley
I'm a known unrepentant Smash hater, I only cared before because I'm a pokemon freak and I have pokken now

Well, now you got Incineroar for Smash, whose actually a pretty cool addition if I say so myself.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 05:28 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

WHERE IS FAWFUL?!?:

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2018 05:38 PM
ares834

After playing the game for a few hours, it was amazing seeing this. I didn't see it coming...

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 10:16 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I technically own this game for now, it came in the mail today, but it's a gift for my gf's brother.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 11:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Bought it yesterday.

Send me some friends codes in PM so we can smash it up! smile

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 09:13 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Now that that's outta the way...

Adventure mode is fun, but disappointing, where's all the modes where you take down baddies on a huge stage?

I loved taking down henchmen in the original adventure mode on melee and in Smash Run on the 3DS, it was awesome and addictive, and Ig I always DO have that if I ever wanna go back but... C'mon man, you went all out with everything else, you couldn't give us that original adventure mode where it felt like you were going through actual stages instead of just boss fights with stipulations?

Sure this is a lot longer, but I wanna kill some Goombas with Marth, or Redead's with Mega-Man.

Not to say it isn't fun, and I enjoy the new spirit system a lot, but ugh, so much missed potential.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 09:17 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Anyone hoping for Sephiroth DLC? We have Cloud, let's complete this shit.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 12:51 PM
cdtm

Kind of surprised Cloud even beat Sephiroth in.

Judging by other crossover games like Kingdom Hearts, not to mention listening to the fan base, I gathered Sephiroth was much more popular of a character then Cloud.

Same way nobody would want to play
Luke Skywalker over Darth Vader.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 03:15 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Now that that's outta the way...

Adventure mode is fun, but disappointing, where's all the modes where you take down baddies on a huge stage?

I loved taking down henchmen in the original adventure mode on melee and in Smash Run on the 3DS, it was awesome and addictive, and Ig I always DO have that if I ever wanna go back but... C'mon man, you went all out with everything else, you couldn't give us that original adventure mode where it felt like you were going through actual stages instead of just boss fights with stipulations?

Sure this is a lot longer, but I wanna kill some Goombas with Marth, or Redead's with Mega-Man.

Not to say it isn't fun, and I enjoy the new spirit system a lot, but ugh, so much missed potential.
t

Does anyone really play Smash for a story mode, though?

Best template for a GOOD story mode might be Abyss Odyssey. Game was more or less 70% Smash in gameplay style.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 03:19 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by cdtm
t

Does anyone really play Smash for a story mode, though?

Best template for a GOOD story mode might be Abyss Odyssey. Game was more or less 70% Smash in gameplay style.
I may be the only person on earth that has Smash and doesn't play it for the multiplayer.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 04:51 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Haven't played that much World of Light yet and mostly been doing the character unlock grinding through Classic mode and other means. I hear ya though @ Jmanghan on what could've been more. WoL is a grindfest, but at least I'll be getting my hours/days worth before I eventually play online...

Old Post Dec 9th, 2018 02:49 AM
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by ares834

After playing the game for a few hours, it was amazing seeing this. I didn't see it coming...

And this makes me finally decide...that I don't want to buy this game now.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 02:14 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
And this makes me finally decide...that I don't want to buy this game now.

Wait, that was a dealbreaker for you, when it already included Simon Belmont and pretty much everyone else you/we wanted?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 09:45 AM
ares834

Yeah, it seems really stupid to not buy a game because a character you don't like is playable in it. Anyway, my biggest issue with the game is how they handle rules in Vs mode. You can't change them in the Character select screen like you have always been able to do before, instead you have to create and save a ruleset and use that. Rather tedious.

I'm also not a fan of how the CSS and SSS are sorted. THey really need to allow us to sort them by franchise.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 10:01 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I think Incineroar was a nice addition. But I'm among those players that don't care about having such an expansive roster and rather have modes that emulate other fighter series for differrent gameplay styles.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 12th, 2018 10:19 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote