KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Women

Women
Started by: Kurk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Women

I'm not sure if this is because I'm approaching the age where my testosterone naturally peaks or for some other reason, but I've found that I've been increasingly distracted by girls in my day-to-day life.

Although I've actually been masturbating less frequently than I was 3 years ago, I'm having recurring, invasive thoughts of performing sexual acts on my classmates that I've never really had until now.

Even when I was a horny teenager, at most I would see some exposed skin, tight leggings, whatever, and have a brief happy thought about it. It usually wouldn't reoccur again on the same person.

Now I'm finding that these invasive thoughts are occurring multiple times throughout the day involving the same 5 or so women who I see around campus, in class, etc. I can't even say with 100% certainty that these are unpleasant thoughts. The rational, logical half of me cringes and tries to eject these thoughts the moment they occur. I try to meditate when I can, but my tight schedule means that it offers limited relief from these images. But then there is the animal side of me; The neanderthal behaviors stemming from the hypothalamus and amygdala that I've been managing to suppress just barely through intense self-discipline and meditation for the past few years. That part of me enjoys these lascivious visions, and it's a constant struggle as my rational being fights against it.

I'm somewhat indecisive about how to approach this entire situation. I really would like these occurrences to end as they're starting to affect my well being.

Perhaps one of you can counsel me with some philosophical sayings or something.

I'm fine with companionship but, these lewd thoughts need to end.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 06:48 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

"I want to have sex. How do I fix this?"

See how short that was? It'll be like this when you finally get there, not this long drawn out nonsense and rambling that's basically you wanking about wanking.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 07:10 PM
FreshestSlice is currently offline Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Try and get a girlfriend. Until then, control the "wild animal" inside you(lol).

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 08:01 PM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Rape one of them.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:03 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Kurk's balls finally dropped all the way it seems. Bout time.

Kurk, ask one of them out for coffee/tea/something and go from there.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:08 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

****ing Christ dude stop being such a goddamn loser

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:11 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

laughing out loud at this thread and the responses.

You need to go get laid, dude. Simple as that.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:18 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
****ing Christ dude stop being such a goddamn loser

He's never going to find his way out of the closet with responses like that sad

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Women

Originally posted by Kurk
I'm fine with companionship but, these lewd thoughts need to end.
Holy f*ck... You're living in the wrong era, kid. The Victorian age is back thattaway.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:43 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

He's more a Puritan. Victorians were into threeways, orgies, ass gangbangs, sadism etc. and they liked to think about it all the time, if rarely expressed outwardly not behind closed doors.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:54 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Well, the easy way out is to go to a place where prostitution is legal and get a hooker.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 09:59 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Or just do that despite it being illegal.

Go to a stripclub with a few hundred bucks and you'll probably leave a happy man.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
Try and get a girlfriend. Until then, control the "wild animal" inside you(lol).

See, controlling that neanderthal part of me is analogous to Raven controlling Trigon's influence on herself. Now do you understand why I enjoy her?

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
"I want to have sex. How do I fix this?"

See how short that was? It'll be like this when you finally get there, not this long drawn out nonsense and rambling that's basically you wanking about wanking.

No. I do not want to have sex—at least the rational part of me doesn't. The problem—what I think it is—is that I'm starting to lose this battle. My self-discipline is starting to slip, my intelligence is beginning to crystallize, my neuro-plasticity beginning to solidify. I'm feel as though I am beginning to die mentally and succumb to my animal instincts.

(aka Trigon is beginning to possess Raven.)

My meditation and workout routines are no longer addressing the problem like they have for the past few years. They are slowing down the rate of this 'destabilization', but soon won't be effective.

Testosterone peaks at about age 20, and I'm quickly approaching that mark. I want to think that this is only a hormonal issue, but I'm not sure. I don't know enough about neuroscience to tell if my brain is truly beginning to solidify.

I have aspirations beyond what 99% of the population is interested in. To have the best chance of achieving those goals, I need my mind to stay sharp for as long as it can.

Me having these "issues" raises red flags for me as I believe I'm starting to lose control over myself and that my brain deteriorating or some shit.

We as humans have portions of our brain that doesn't exist in any other animal, or at least not to same level of development. These regions of the brain are what gives us the ability to be "rational" and perform some of our greatest achievements. But irrational urges, like sex, stem from the more rudimentary portion of the brain—the portion shared with the majority of mammals. That is why we've only had a handful of John Von Neumann's throughout history but a shit-ton of promiscuous people. We need to keep evolving.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:11 PM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Being "horny" doesn't amount to deterioration of the brain, Kurky.

Look at Stephen Hawkins, one of the greatest modern day minds and that guy thought about sex 24/7.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh so much cringe

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:20 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will need to explore this topic (not the sex) in depth before I can determine my stance.

While testosterone does have its "side effects", it's also responsible for cognitive abilities:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17132744

https://www.health.harvard.edu/pres...rone-and-memory

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:35 PM
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bingo. Found what I was looking for. This is why I will never marry or "settle down":

quote:
I argue that this is because both crime and genius
stem from mens evolved psychological mechanism which compels them to be highly competitive
in early adulthood but ‘‘turns off’’ when they get married and have children. Fluctuating
levels of testosterone, which decreases when men get married and have children, can provide
the biochemical microfoundation for this psychological mechanism.

https://personal.lse.ac.uk/kanazawa/pdfs/JRP2003.pdf

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:43 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

TIL: Competitiveness "turns off" after men get married.

Bill Gates - Married during the height of his career/expansion
Michael Jordan - Married during the height of his career
List goes on and on...

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:55 PM
BackFire

Originally posted by Nephthys
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh so much cringe

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 10:56 PM
BackFire

Kurk reminds me of that crazy general in Dr Strangelove that starts a nuclear holocaust and starts ranting about how he hates ejaculating because it represents a loss of essence.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2018 11:00 PM