KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Questions about Darth Krayt?

Questions about Darth Krayt?
Started by: Freedon Nadd

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zentrex
Hi!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
1. That's because they are Force accumulators, not conductors. They absorb Force energy and lifeforce.
2. I meant that the only reason their midi-chlorians are 'alive is due to the fact that these Wounds absorb lifeforce from outer sources.
3. No. Ysalamiri do not actually negate the Force; since all existence is infused with Force energy. Rather, they project a bubble inside which users were unable to exert any influence over the Force.

Basically it's like an anti-Force power field.

1. Yeah, but the Force they're absorbing isn't going INTO them, or supporting them. It's like saying a black hole is supported by all the stuff that goes into it. No, it's just sucking it all. It's nothing. It's made of nothing, and needs nothing. And I trust you're not going to get all technical with this imperfect analogy and start talking about Hawking radiation.
2. Well, in that case, see bullet point 1
3. If the influence of the Force does not exist around them, then the Force can't influence their midi-chlorians, can it? It can't influence their life. They must exist without the Force, if the Force can't impact them.

Old Post May 4th, 2018 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

1. Well, it also depends of the user's 'Woundness'. The Dark Side does indeed play a part at intensifying it. And the only reason why that happens is due to the fact that these Wounds expend the energy they steal to increase/keep their life force or power in the Force. However - we did see that prolonged use of Force drain does indeed lead to a vampiric appetite( e.g: Vitiate) even if the user is not a Wound in the Force.

2. See point 1

3. So? A Force sensitive scientist can build anti-Force power devices(which would be similar to a Ysalmiri). Users can cut each other from the Force. Not really that hard to see.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 5th, 2018 05:55 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Did you just admit that life could exist without the Force?

If the only reason wounds in the Force suck in the Force is to be force sensitives and could live without it, then life can exist without the Force. And if users can cut each other from the Force completely, then life can exist without the Force.

So, if life can indeed exist without midi-chlorians, one can use the Force to heal life, without having to manipulate the soul of that person or their midi-chlorians. Thus, bringing them back from the dead without using midi-chlorians manipulation. Thus, dark transfer is simply shatterpoint + Force lightning/heal. NOT midi-chlorians manipulation.

Old Post May 5th, 2018 10:51 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Re: Re: Questions about Darth Krayt?

So you've read, or at least read of, Traitor, Zentrex. Good job. The next step is to synthesize and apply the concepts you mentioned earlier to other material.

There are several sources that state Sidious went in Hell and came back.

Yes, but if Krayt had the ability to do so, he wouldn't have stayed dead when Cade incinerated his body. Since he did, I can only assume that traversing chaos is beyond Krayt's ability.

quote:
Can you post a scan?

(please log in to view the image)

quote:
Why not? I, mean, Krayt was able to fully heal his Mustafar'd body.

Because that's not how it's stated to work, schutta.

quote:
And we know that darksiders need to perform Life-drain to heal themselves because Force heal is a passive light side ability.

Muur didn't need to perform life drain to heal Krayt.

quote:
Well - it means Muur had a similar ability, then.

Indeed.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:25 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions about Darth Krayt?

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Since he did, I can only assume that traversing chaos is beyond Krayt's ability.

Yet not Marr's. smile

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

So you've read, or at least read of, Traitor, Zentrex. Good job. The next step is to synthesize and apply the concepts you mentioned earlier to other material.

So I'm guessing you're criticizing my analysis of "sever force" and life without midi-chlorians. I'm still not sure what you're suggesting, much less what your argument for that suggestion is.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:02 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Zentrex, NewGuy1 fears your rise to power. I doubt he's ever even read Traitor. Crush him and prove yourself. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

laughing out loud Go home Ant, you're drunk.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yet not Marr's.

Didn't he bullshit his way into being a legitimate force ghost or something, though? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Then again, BioWare doesn't seem to know the difference between force ghosts and sith spirits.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:24 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zentrex
Did you just admit that life could exist without the Force?

If the only reason wounds in the Force suck in the Force is to be force sensitives and could live without it, then life can exist without the Force. And if users can cut each other from the Force completely, then life can exist without the Force.

So, if life can indeed exist without midi-chlorians, one can use the Force to heal life, without having to manipulate the soul of that person or their midi-chlorians. Thus, bringing them back from the dead without using midi-chlorians manipulation. Thus, dark transfer is simply shatterpoint + Force lightning/heal. NOT midi-chlorians manipulation.

But Ulic later restores his bond with the Force in the Redemption arc.
They are not really without the Force. They are just rendered as non-sensitive individuals.
I don't know how to say it:
Think of the Force and Force powers like this:

The Force=the powersource
The Force abilities=the thing you use to shoot from the powersource.
Now - what Ysalmiri and Sever Force do is to prevent/disable your ability to attack or defend yourself with the Force. That's all.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 6th, 2018 07:01 AM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Yes, but if Krayt had the ability to do so, he wouldn't have stayed dead when Cade incinerated his body. Since he did, I can only assume that traversing chaos is beyond Krayt's ability.

The same can be said by Palpatine. He died during Return of the Jedi. Also he isn't present anymore after Dark Empire. Is he?
I know about Brand and the Empire's End ending. But we haven't seen any Jedi there. Therefore, it was just a figure of speech.

quote:

The lightning is still there as far as I can see.

quote:
Because that's not how it's stated to work, schutta.

Really now?

quote:
Muur didn't need to perform life drain to heal Krayt.

He didn't heal Krayt, though. Also, if we talk about Dark transfer. Then, technically this is a power defying the will of the Force. And we know that the 'will' of the Force are the midi-chlorians.

quote:
Indeed.

Indeed that it may be right that not only Plagueis could influence the midi-chlorians.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 05:49 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

But Ulic later restores his bond with the Force in the Redemption arc.
They are not really without the Force. They are just rendered as non-sensitive individuals.
I don't know how to say it:
Think of the Force and Force powers like this:

The Force=the powersource
The Force abilities=the thing you use to shoot from the powersource.
Now - what Ysalmiri and Sever Force do is to prevent/disable your ability to attack or defend yourself with the Force. That's all.

Well then manipulating life can be separate from manipulating midi-chlorians.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 06:17 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Zentrex
Well then manipulating life can be separate from manipulating midi-chlorians.

You would be technically correct. But one of Cade's masters said that his action was influencing the will of the Force. And we know that the will is communicated through the midi-chlorians.

Old Post May 6th, 2018 08:05 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

Do we? How? I thought the midi-chlorians were like kybercrystals or just things which connected the force and the physical world, except connected to living beings, so allowing them to use the Force.

Old Post May 9th, 2018 12:08 AM
Freedon Nadd

Didn't Jinn say that's the midi-chlorians' job? Isn't what/how Plagueis' power worked?

Old Post May 9th, 2018 01:47 PM
Zentrex
Hi!

I thought the will of the Force was a paradox which would come to fruition no matter what, though it needed a conscious soul to make it happen.

I've always interpreted the will of the Force as the basic goal/nature of all life (i.e. balance, harmony, peace, yada yada yada) whereas the dark side was the defiance of that for human desire. That's why Yoda said you must let go of your desire, yes?

If midi-chlorians are anything beyond living kybercrystals inside people's bodies, then you'd have to show me where it says that, because I could be wrong.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 10:17 PM
Freedon Nadd

And Dark transfer does exactly what you just said. It defies the will of the Force like midi-chlorian manipulation.

As about kyber crystals. I thought it was established that they are only permeated by the Cosmic Force, not the Living Force. And who knows, maybe non-biological things also have their own version of "midi-chlorians".

Old Post May 14th, 2018 09:07 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The same can be said by Palpatine. He died during Return of the Jedi. Also he isn't present anymore after Dark Empire. Is he?
I know about Brand and the Empire's End ending. But we haven't seen any Jedi there. Therefore, it was just a figure of speech.

The lightning is still there as far as I can see.

Really now?

He didn't heal Krayt, though. Also, if we talk about Dark transfer. Then, technically this is a power defying the will of the Force. And we know that the 'will' of the Force are the midi-chlorians.

Indeed that it may be right that not only Plagueis could influence the midi-chlorians.
how did you manage to say only wrong things

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 09:14 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by ILS

How did you expect him not too.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 09:18 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Originally posted by ILS

thumb up smile

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post May 14th, 2018 12:20 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

And Dark transfer does exactly what you just said. It defies the will of the Force like midi-chlorian manipulation.

As about kyber crystals. I thought it was established that they are only permeated by the Cosmic Force, not the Living Force. And who knows, maybe non-biological things also have their own version of "midi-chlorians".

But...lots of things defy the will of the Force. Anakin turned to the dark side, Sidious came back from the dead, Tenebrous' master opened up a rend in the Force. Doesn't mean they did it specifically by manipulating midi-chlorians.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 02:14 AM