KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I'd like to watch this. Not going to pay for youtube red, though.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 10:42 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd like to watch this. Not going to pay for youtube red, though.

Check out the first 2 eps at least. Worth it for the nostalgia.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:17 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

My fear there is that I will actually like the show and want to watch the rest, at which point I won't be able to (legally).

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:19 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

True, but damn it's a shame to miss any of it.

Even the people who made it are like "wtf how is this so popular?".

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

predictable af. already obvious how the whole stupid second season is going to go. bleh.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:32 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

If you remove nostalgia, is the show good?

Old Post May 14th, 2018 11:36 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Old Post May 15th, 2018 03:47 PM
BackFire

Eh, maybe I'll just pirate it.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 02:40 AM
Flyattractor

The Youtube Patrol will hunt you down for that.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 04:31 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I've only watched episodes 1 & 2 because they were free....ehh its ok.

Old Post May 16th, 2018 06:46 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I tell everyone the same thing:

This is a web series based off of a cheesy film from 1984. It’s not going to win an Academy Award, but the gooey nostalgia is warm and pleasant.

I thoroughly enjoyed this first season and can’t wait for season 2.

Also, I didn’t pay for YouTube Red; I just used the free one moth trial and then deactivated it.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post May 16th, 2018 09:51 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I really liked it. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It was interesting how Miguel shifted from being bullied to being the bully. And how in the end he chose not to do the right thing and won the tournament.

There is also a lot of great comedy in this series too, which I did not expect. I never laughed as much during any of the Karate Kid movies. The part where some SJW karate kid gives some weepy speech at a karate tournament before a fight and Johnny leans over to his student and goes "kick this pansy b*tch in the face" is hilarious.

Last edited by Surtur on May 22nd, 2018 at 04:36 PM

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 04:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment

This is a web series based off of a cheesy film from 1984. It’s not going to win an Academy Award, but the gooey nostalgia is warm and pleasant.

Also, I didn’t pay for YouTube Red; I just used the free one moth trial and then deactivated it.

I admit I kinda laughed at the final moment of the season finale. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: John Kreese is now in his 70s..he's not that intimidating.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 04:38 PM
BackFire

It's just a shame Pat Morita can't be in this. I watched the original Karate Kid the other night - first time in a long, long time - and it really is his movie. He's the reason it's good beyond nostalgia. Mr Miyagi is an excellent character with a surprising amount of depth.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 08:45 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just a shame Pat Morita can't be in this. I watched the original Karate Kid the other night - first time in a long, long time - and it really is his movie. He's the reason it's good beyond nostalgia. Mr Miyagi is an excellent character with a surprising amount of depth.

Yeah, but his presence is felt.

Though yeah, actually a scene with a grown up Johnny talking to Miyagi would have been amazing.

The show also made me watch the original movie again recently. I daresay I might even watch Karate Kid 2 again as well. Maybe. Hulu has all 3 movies.

The 2nd film does give a lot of Miyagi's backstory.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 03:10 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment

Pretty much the above, it's cheesy fun. I can understand if you didn't watch or grow up around the Karate Kid films where this would be shitsauce though.

I watched the first two on YT; then DL'd the entire season.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 04:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Think I'm gonna give this a go when I'm done watching Death Note. Will just do the free month trial of youtube red I guess.

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 08:40 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Saw the first few episodes and really enjoyed it

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post May 24th, 2018 10:16 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I'm so impressed with this show. Wow. I'm about 7 episodes in and am loving it so far. Funny and moving and hits all the right nostalgia beats. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:47 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm so impressed with this show. Wow. I'm about 7 episodes in and am loving it so far. Funny and moving and hits all the right nostalgia beats. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Told yew.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 12:59 PM