KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

Caught the first two eps. Was good. Pretty much hit the skip button when ever its about the LaRusso Family. That shit got old.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 06:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
I'm so impressed with this show. Wow. I'm about 7 episodes in and am loving it so far. Funny and moving and hits all the right nostalgia beats. It's a lot better than it has any right to be.

Good news, it was renewed for a 2nd season.

Though I can't see this show going being 3, if even stopping at 2.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 08:31 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Well seeing as this is the only show on youtube red that anyone has heard of, they'll probably want to keep it going for as long as possible. And I think the characters are strong enough to where they'd be able to go a while off their backs alone.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:00 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Juts don't know how much sexually frustrated angst between Johnny and Danial they can do.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 09:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I just finished the season. Really really liked how it ended. Think there's a lot they could still do with this series. Especially since they announced a couple weeks ago that Kreese will be a series regular in season 2.

Also read that the kid from Karate Kid 3 is interested in being in this.

Last edited by BackFire on Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:20 PM

Old Post Jun 4th, 2018 10:12 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Surtur
It's awesome. It's already getting a 2nd season.
It's alright, I don't really like the teenagers at all. But Johnny and Daniel are always the best parts of the show, imo.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 03:50 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I want Elizabeth Shue to have a role in season 2.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 18th, 2018 05:47 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm sure Terry Silver will be back, he was mentioned in season 1.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2018 02:37 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by BackFire
I just finished the season. Really really liked how it ended. Think there's a lot they could still do with this series. Especially since they announced a couple weeks ago that Kreese will be a series regular in season 2.

Also read that the kid from Karate Kid 3 is interested in being in this.
How is that possible though?

I imagine Kreese entered and Johnny proceeded to kick the ever-loving shit out of the old man.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 12:20 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
How is that possible though?

I imagine Kreese entered and Johnny proceeded to kick the ever-loving shit out of the old man.

Maybe, maybe not. Johnny at the end was realizing he was kinda like Kreese in a way, he didn't like the way Miguel won. Who knows what will happen. And hell, who knows...maybe Kreese has a gun on him? It would be dumb to think he could confront Johnny at his age.

Plus the last thing he needs is the consequences that would follow since he'd surely be arrested for it.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Caught the first two eps. Was good. Pretty much hit the skip button when ever its about the LaRusso Family. That shit got old.

Felt like an episode of The Goldbergs or something.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:17 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The show really picks up with the third episode.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 03:58 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Maybe, maybe not. Johnny at the end was realizing he was kinda like Kreese in a way, he didn't like the way Miguel won. Who knows what will happen. And hell, who knows...maybe Kreese has a gun on him? It would be dumb to think he could confront Johnny at his age.

Plus the last thing he needs is the consequences that would follow since he'd surely be arrested for it.
I thought the opposite, I feel the whole tournament he felt like he was promoting the wrong type of teaching, and that he was training his students the wrong way.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2019 07:13 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Did anybody see the season 2 trailer?

Looks good.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2019 01:05 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

New season out tomorrow.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2019 08:35 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damn, so much for Kreese being weak.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2019 05:07 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This season of Cobra Kai was so good I've upgraded it to 9/10, after rating it 8/10 for the first season. Season 3 should be epic.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2019 10:01 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Damn, so much for Kreese being weak.
Yeah it makes zero sense though.

No way Kreese should've been able to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: fight on par with Johnny.

Martin Kove himself is like 73 years old, not sure of Kreese's in-universe age but its probably around the same, granted Kreese is a bit bigger then Johnny physically but still.

Besides that I was really looking forward to Kreese being actually redeemed as opposed to the shit we got in [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the finale. He and Johnny had some heartfelt moments and even though Kreese was kinda playing him there had to have been moments where his heart was moved from the way Johnny was motivating him and not giving up on him.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 08:18 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I'm waiting for the eventual team up of Johnny and Daniel which should be epic if done right.

Old Post May 5th, 2019 12:32 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Yeah it makes zero sense though.

No way Kreese should've been able to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: fight on par with Johnny.

Martin Kove himself is like 73 years old, not sure of Kreese's in-universe age but its probably around the same, granted Kreese is a bit bigger then Johnny physically but still.

Besides that I was really looking forward to Kreese being actually redeemed as opposed to the shit we got in [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the finale. He and Johnny had some heartfelt moments and even though Kreese was kinda playing him there had to have been moments where his heart was moved from the way Johnny was motivating him and not giving up on him.

He's got the power of Cobra Kai in his veins. Don't you dare question it!

Old Post May 7th, 2019 10:57 PM