KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Though people do seem to think Terry returning means Barnes will too, but why? Not that I would be against seeing him come back, but Terry was using Barnes for his crazy revenge plot. It's not like he had any reason to continue to associate with him after he lost to Daniel.

Oh and in KK3 Terry says he bought TWENTY f*cking Cobra Kai dojo's lol. What happened to them all?

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 03:54 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well Silver gave a speech about fairness and shit, but then after seeing how his student Mike fought, who would go to them? The dojo locations probably just went out of business. lol

And yeah, Barnes doesnt have a particular reason to return like Silver does, but if it happens, is whatever I guess.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 06:55 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty much. The 20 dojo deal was dead at the end of KK3, when Barnes fought dirty and lost, then everyone in the audience threw back their free Cobra Kai shirts signaling that.

There's also a rumor that Terry Silver is Miguel's estranged father.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 07:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

so they're bringing more folks from the films??

so then will jade smith and hilary swank return then

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Smith's character isn't connected, it was a poorly thoughtout reboot banking on the KK name and it flopped. The character didn't even learn Karate.

I doubt Swank would get involved, even for a cameo.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 08:27 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Smith's character isn't connected, it was a poorly thoughtout reboot banking on the KK name and it flopped. The character didn't even learn Karate.

Will Smith is a producer on Cobra Kai though.

But I have no idea if that reboot could connect canonically.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 10:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Well Silver gave a speech about fairness and shit, but then after seeing how his student Mike fought, who would go to them? The dojo locations probably just went out of business. lol

And yeah, Barnes doesnt have a particular reason to return like Silver does, but if it happens, is whatever I guess.

If they bring back Barnes I don't want him to be redeemed.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 10:27 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I recently read the original plot writers wanted for KK3 was Daniel and Miyagi in the 1600s meeting Miyagi's ancestor that gets mentioned in KK2.

It would all turn out to be a dream Daniel has after bumping his head.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 10:30 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Will Smith is a producer on Cobra Kai though.

But I have no idea if that reboot could connect canonically.

Basically those behind cobra kai have said only the 4 movies are canon.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2021 10:31 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Surtur
Basically those behind cobra kai have said only the 4 movies are canon.

So the Next Karate Kid chick could show up.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2021 12:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes and IMO if Hillary Swank was offered a cameo she would take it.

Seems these days everybody loves Cobra Kai so why not.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2021 10:56 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder if that bully robby fought in juvy will show up in season 4 and join kreese and robby?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 03:39 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Robtard

You didn't like the KK remake?

I thought it was phenomenal and one of the best remakes for a classic film ever.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Feb 7th, 2021 10:12 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I also think the remake sucked.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 07:49 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Surtur
Yes and IMO if Hillary Swank was offered a cameo she would take it.

Seems these days everybody loves Cobra Kai so why not.

Someone asked her about it in an interview last year, I think, and she said she'd do it if asked.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2021 08:04 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tory and and Miguel's mom have now been made main cast members.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 12:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Jmanghan
You didn't like the KK remake?

I thought it was phenomenal and one of the best remakes for a classic film ever.

Didn't care for it at all. I also find Jaden Smith's acting to be extremely annoying, so that probably didn't help.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 09:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've seen After Earth.

I still carry the spiritual wounds.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 10:46 PM
cdtm

The age difference killed it.

Jackie Chan kicking the butts of 8 year olds doesn't have quite the same impact as an old handyman beating up punk teens.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2021 10:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It is time!

Old Post May 31st, 2021 10:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote