KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Mortal Kombat 11

Mortal Kombat 11
Started by: Ridley_Prime

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Mortal Kombat 11

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/994696075129868288

Boon already beginning to hint at it. Seems it's that time once again, so can probably expect to be revealed at E3... Hopefully it's less of a long term disappointment for me than MKX and especially Injustice 2.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 06:27 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

How do these games still make money?

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:32 PM
NewGuy01 is currently offline Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Because they are good?

At least in part it's for that.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 11th, 2018 08:36 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Granted, they were struggling during the 3D era, but gained back most of its audience along with a new crowd when MK went back to its roots with 2D.

Am just cautiously optimistic on the next entry though after how MKX was for me, and after how Injustice 2 disappointed me particularly, only way to go from there is up. MK I’m always at least more invested in as to give a chance compared to a (imo) lackluster DC roster.

Old Post May 11th, 2018 11:54 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:33 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KCJ506
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like for them to bring back more post trilogy characters rather than nearly the whole roster being characters from MK1-UMK3. I'm not one of those to buy or not buy a game for 1 or 2 characters, but when most of the post Trilogy characters keep getting shafted in favor for the same Trilogy characters, it gets boring and stale. The initial roster for MKX just ended up being MK9 + 8 new characters & Shinnok. The only post Trilogy characters added that weren't in MK9 were Bo Rai Cho and Tanya. Personally instead of always relying on nostalgia, I think NRS should include more characters that debuted in MK4-MKD and see which ones can be improved upon. Kenshi, Tanya and Shinnok have shown what success a redesign and solid moveset can do for a post trilogy character.

I'm not saying get rid of MK1-MK3 characters completely. Obviously characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Raiden are staples. Just make the roster more than basically a rehash of the previous games' roster and have more variety in it.

Agreed. I would definitely like to see some more from MK post trilogy myself. Nitara would be awesome.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 22nd, 2018 01:51 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Most post trilogy chars are beyond what's salvageable tbh.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 24th, 2018 02:10 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wouldn't mind seeing Havik & Shujinko again.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 03:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I forgot but Li Mei and Sareena are in MKX's story however briefly but the possibility is there they could be playable in MK11. Li Mei is a sai wielder and since Mileena got unfortunately killed off, she might be the replacement.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post May 24th, 2018 06:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

The post trilogy characters really weren't shown in the best light during their debut days. Some of their designs were... meh, a lot of the characters gameplay were generic and boring and some characters stories were so miniscule. What was bad was that these characters were very much underdeveloped, they had little time to grow which of course made everyone think they were automatically bad characters.

These are just some brief ideas of the play styles/gameplay potential for some of the post trilogy era characters that I had in mind

Sareena - They could give her the demon stuff that they gave Kenshi since it really doesn't fit him to begin with, transform her into her demon form for the variation since the gave Leatherface different costumes per variation and boom....cool character.

Fujin - Tornadic debris, wind guts, aerial combat, his crossbow from MK4 etc.

Frost - Nimble, ice weaponry, ice projectiles, raining icicles ect. This could work. Hell there are some moves that Sub-Zero had in MKvsDC that he never had in any other game they could give her.(some people might not be too fond of this idea though)

Li Mei - She should be the female Liu Kang of the game. Give her something more than just power blasts and spin kicks. Make her a real martial artist since she was trained to be one anyway. She should be the fastest and most nimble female character in the game; i.e. female Liu Kang for the average gameplayer. Someone you can pick up and easily play without much thought or effort. A perfect entry character.

Nitara - They could give her some stuff like glamour stun, some aerial flight moves and more moves centered around blood and biting.

Havik - Have him use his limbs as weaponry and then reattach. Make him just nuts to watch and play as. The games are already rated M, go ballistic with the gore and the appeal will be there.

Kira - Being a female Black Dragon member, she had an interesting concept. The problem was that they just that they just made her a mix of Kano and Sonya. Considering her bio, she could have all kinds of guns/artillery. She could have special gadgets/bombs/futuristic tech. An AK-47 with a blade attached to it. Land mines, dynamite etc.

Old Post May 28th, 2018 08:44 PM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

While there's still a chance MK11 could be shown soon later, this for now is still my post-E3 reaction to Mr Boon.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 06:00 PM
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Most post trilogy chars are beyond what's salvageable tbh.
I like Shinnok almost as much as I like Shao Kahn.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 09:37 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Shao Kahn is way better than Shinnok.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2018 09:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Well, it's here.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/m...d/1100-6463752/

Coming to Switch too even. Nice.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 04:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Awesome trailer.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 04:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looks freakishly bloodtastic

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 04:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It was a good except for the rap music.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 04:58 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Great trailer, I've enjoyed both the modern MK games, doubt this will be any different.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 08:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Kazenji
It was a good except for the rap music.

Agreed. Deja vu from the MKX reveal trailer. Otherwise excellent.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 01:33 AM
Estacado
Legendary

The Scorpion wank continues...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2018 08:06 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote