KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
But not necessarily, right? Could just be making the spice a regular part of his diet like everyone else.

it takes a long time for the eyes to change color.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 12:03 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
it takes a long time for the eyes to change color.
True, and a high concentration of melange. I remember in the book everything the wealthy ate had it in.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 12:05 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I don't remember exactly when it happens, but I expect the break in movies to happen when the plot jumps ahead a couple years. It seems the logical place to split it.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 12:45 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

@whirly: i don't recall spice being condensed in any way until children of dune when Leto II is fed a lot of spice essence. In god emperor and after, the bene gesserit and presumably the wealthy put spice in all their food, but that's thousands of years after dune .

at the start, the wealthy take spice, but it's metered out like flintstones vitamins. the fremen were the first ones introduced who consumed a lot of spice (besides guild navigators) and put it in all their food. you might also be thinking of the end of the book where the guild agents are revealed as such heavy spice users that they wear contact lenses to cover their blue-as-f*ck eyes (almost black)

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jul 23rd, 2021 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 01:43 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been thinking about this film all day,, I am thinking of seeing it, just not on opeing day

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 03:32 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
been thinking about this film all day,, I am thinking of seeing it, just not on opeing day

We don't care when you see it in the theater, just as long as you do see it in the goddamn theater. smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 09:17 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I think it looks amazing

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 09:31 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

ill probably see it in the theater, but i'll first see it on my own tv

it's an old screen, too. 50" 720p plasma smile

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 12:13 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

@whirly: i don't recall spice being condensed in any way until children of dune when Leto II is fed a lot of spice essence. In god emperor and after, the bene gesserit and presumably the wealthy put spice in all their food, but that's thousands of years after dune .

at the start, the wealthy take spice, but it's metered out like flintstones vitamins. the fremen were the first ones introduced who consumed a lot of spice (besides guild navigators) and put it in all their food. you might also be thinking of the end of the book where the guild agents are revealed as such heavy spice users that they wear contact lenses to cover their blue-as-f*ck eyes (almost black)
Perhaps I'm misremembering.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 02:03 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rudester
Tommy

In children of dunes, remember it started to rain? And they were all like, since it started to rain on a planet that does not rain it changes everything and the spice along with it.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 03:07 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: the ecological transformation of dune eventually killed off all the sandworms and little makers, which leto II knew well but allowed. rather than fix the problem, he made it work for his long-game

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 04:47 PM
rudester
Tommy

All I recall was the Dukes kids fighting for power and the Duke upset because he had changed the ecology

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2021 08:11 PM
rudester is currently offline Click here to Send rudester a Private Message Find more posts by rudester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Side by side of Dune 1984 and 2021...

https://boingboing.net/2021/07/26/w...-dune-2021.html

Old Post Jul 27th, 2021 01:58 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Paul already looks like he can curb MCU Cap.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2021 09:06 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

short imax trailer, mostly stuff we've seen, but with some interesting quick shots. i particularly like the loaded carryall @0:08.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 04:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

It's only 35 seconds or whatever, but it gives me chills.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 06:17 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm so glad they have gone the pseudo ethic route musically. It always adds gravitas!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 06:24 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

they really need to explain thoroughly in the first act, how the fremen were manipulated over millennia by the bene gesserit's 'missionaria protectiva' into accepting paul and jessica. if not, it's going to come under heavy scrutiny, "white savior complex" etc

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 06:40 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

they really need to explain thoroughly in the first act, how the fremen were manipulated over millennia by the bene gesserit's 'missionaria protectiva' into accepting paul and jessica. if not, it's going to come under heavy scrutiny, "white savior complex" etc
they also need to explain that BG ***** carry final form Covid which is why the Barron is not the beauty he once was and in fact is far from it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 06:43 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The white savior complaining, the exploiting of native populations for resources and Paul destroying Jamis could be huge points that critics and the media attack.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2021 08:15 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote